2005 NHL entry draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
I have made a mock draft of the first round of this years entry draft. I have switched Pittsburgh and Washington because if they do another lottery Pittsburgh will probably win.

Feel free to critisize.
mock draft

1. Pittsburgh - Sidney Crosby C

2. Washington - Jack Johnson D

3. Chicago - Gilberte Brule C

4. Columbus - Jakub Kindl D

5. Phoenix - Tuuka Rask G

6. New York - Benoit Pouliot LW

7. Florida - Guillame Latendresse RW

8. Carolina - Alex Bourret RW

9. Anaheim - Marek Zagrapan C

10. Atlanta - Teemu Laakso D

11. Los Angeles - Carey Price G

12. Minnesota - Bobby Ryan RW

13. Buffalo - Marc Staal D

14. Edmonton - Ryan O'Marra C

15. Nashville - Chris Durrand C

16. New York - Matt Lashoff D

17. St. Louis - Nicklas Bergfors RW

18. Montreal - Anze Kopitar C

19. Calgary - Devin Setoguchi RW

20. Dallas - Michael Blunden RW

21. Colorado - Luc Bourdon D

22. New Jersey - Ryan Stoa LW

23. Ottawa - Martin Hanzal LW

24. Toronto - JP Levasseur G

25. Philadelphia - Alexandre Vincent G

26. Vancouver - Risto Korhonen D

27. Boston - Jack Skille C

28. San Jose - Vitaly Anikeenko D

29. Detroit - Mikko Lehtonen RW

30. Tampa Bay - Kendall McArdle LW

Cogliano is not on the list because he probably won't opt in to this years draft.

If opted in you could see him possibly replace Jack Skille with Boston.

CH Wizard

WOW ! I really want Kopitar.So , for me there's no problem because the habs would get Kopitar.:D

I don't think Latendresse will go that high and Bobby Ryan that low.

Also , Anikeenko imo won't go in the first round.His stock has failed alot since the beginning of the year.

Karnage

Mar 9, 2004
If Pittsburgh gets the 1st overall, wouldn't Washington go down to 3?

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
golleafsgo_17 said:
I have made a mock draft of the first round of this years entry draft. I have switched Pittsburgh and Washington because if they do another lottery Pittsburgh will probably win.

Feel free to critisize.
mock draft

1. Pittsburgh - Sidney Crosby C

2. Washington - Jack Johnson D

3. Chicago - Gilberte Brule C

4. Columbus - Jakub Kindl D

5. Phoenix - Tuuka Rask G

6. New York - Benoit Pouliot LW

7. Florida - Guillame Latendresse RW

8. Carolina - Alex Bourret RW

9. Anaheim - Marek Zagrapan C

11. Los Angeles - Carey Price G

12. Minnesota - Bobby Ryan RW

13. Buffalo - Marc Staal D

14. Edmonton - Ryan O'Marra C

15. Nashville - Chris Durrand C

16. New York - Matt Lashoff D

17. St. Louis - Nicklas Bergfors RW

18. Montreal - Anze Kopitar C

19. Calgary - Devin Setoguchi RW

20. Dallas - Michael Blunden RW

21. Colorado - Luc Bourdon D

22. New Jersey - Ryan Stoa LW

23. Ottawa - Martin Hanzal LW

24. Toronto - JP Levasseur G

25. Philadelphia - Alexandre Vincent G

26. Vancouver - Risto Korhonen D

27. Boston - Jack Skille C

28. San Jose - Vitaly Anikeenko D

29. Detroit - Mikko Lehtonen RW

30. Tampa Bay - Kendall McArdle LW

Cogliano is not on the list because he probably won't opt in to this years draft.

If opted in you could see him possibly replace Jack Skille with Boston.

I wouldnt want Toronto to draft a goalie...much better if we get our hands on Skille. Even if we cant get our hands on Skille, i'd stick to Bertram or try to go a little higher to grap either Setoguchi or Stoa. We need to get forward who can really score. Thats on my A-list. Second i'll look for a defenseman. Brian Lee and Mike Gauthier are both special with tons of potential. If all the forwards we needed were gone, I wouldnt mind the Leafs to trade the pick for a later round pick or some second round pick...Note---Ilya Zubov, Vladimir Sobotka, Mike Gauthier, Mickelson are all going to be stretched till the second round...
I wouldnt pick a goalie until the fourth round. Its too much of a risk to waste ur pick on a goalie than on a forward. I dont think our goaltending is that bad. I think its underrated. And now, with Jean-S-Aubin, Racine, Pogge, Telly, Ford...one of them is bound to be a bloomer, i hope...

Note- Kopitar wont go that high...he'll probably be selected late first round or early second round.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
After the WJC I've come to these conclusiongs.

Bergfors will go higher than Zapragan.

Rask will not be a top 10 pick, and will be lucky to go top 20, after his performance at this years WJC.

Levasseur is the second best goaltender in the draft.

Kopitar will go higher.

EDIT:
Where's Bertram? He'll be top 20 when all is said and done, if Vancouver passes over him at 26, I would be shocked, and appauled.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
MaDdY said:
I wouldnt want Toronto to draft a goalie...much better if we get our hands on Skille. Even if we cant get our hands on Skille, i'd stick to Bertram or try to go a little higher to grap either Setoguchi or Stoa. We need to get forward who can really score. Thats on my A-list. Second i'll look for a defenseman. Brian Lee and Mike Gauthier are both special with tons of potential. If all the forwards we needed were gone, I wouldnt mind the Leafs to trade the pick for a later round pick or some second round pick...Note---Ilya Zubov, Vladimir Sobotka, Mike Gauthier, Mickelson are all going to be stretched till the second round...
I wouldnt pick a goalie until the fourth round. Its too much of a risk to waste ur pick on a goalie than on a forward. I dont think our goaltending is that bad. I think its underrated. And now, with Jean-S-Aubin, Racine, Pogge, Telly, Ford...one of them is bound to be a bloomer, i hope...

Note- Kopitar wont go that high...he'll probably be selected late first round or early second round.

From the all reports the scouts who watch the PA Raiders play are wowed by Gauthier's positioning and toughness. He's probably a late 1st rounder at this point.

Fedz is right, Vancouver - hell a team with a top 10 pick wouldn;t pass on Bertram!

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
I don't believe Washington can pick second unless they do separate lotteries to determine each and every pick. Were they to hold a single lottery of however many teams to determine the top pick, in the event of a lost season, then Washington ...

...could pick at #1 (if it wins the lottery)
...could pick at #3 (if Chicago or Pittsburgh wins)
...could pick at #4 (if another team wins, bumping Washington down one slot)

Unless they change the draft format around dramatically, I think the Caps can only pick at #1, #3 or #4 (by virtue of its 28th place finish in the 2003-04 season).

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
Chicago would have 2nd unless someone else wins. Either way they'd pick Brule though. If Pittsburgh or Washington get Crosby, I might be done with this league altogether. Only so many times a hawk fan can get his ass *****.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
theBob said:
Chicago would have 2nd unless someone else wins. Either way they'd pick Brule though. If Pittsburgh or Washington get Crosby, I might be done with this league altogether. Only so many times a hawk fan can get his ass *****.

I would consider them lucky if they got the 3rd because there's no way the Hawks would finish that low if there was a season.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
theBob said:

LoL, try being a Ranger fan. At least you don't get the illusion of a playoff team every year just to have your dreams shattered. I really hope their is some sort of season because the Rangers will suck. The top 3 picks should be Chicago, NYR, and the Caps (in no order). I really hope the Caps don't get Crosby!!

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
Legionnaire said:
I would consider them lucky if they got the 3rd because there's no way the Hawks would finish that low if there was a season.

I know thats completely true. Im just sick of the same teams getting all the franchise players.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki

I like that... Laakso with Heatley and Kovalchuk and Lehtonen...

EDIT: I don't care how it's done, but I really really wish that the draft will happen this year.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Not bad.
Does anyone have a feel for what the gap between guys like Kindl and Bourret would be?

CBJ definitely need defense, but I could envision wheeler-dealer-Doug moving down a few slots, picking up an extra pick and opting for Bourret (team needs RWs too) who already plays well with Picard. CBJ have had good wood for Q guys recently. Not that I'm complaining.

Is Kindl going to be a "can't pass on" type of guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad