2005 NHL entry draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go Flames Go*

Devin Setoguchi who is he? and what type of player is he?

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
im sure bourett is awesome, and the canes can use him....but im not sure that the canes have EVER taken a Q kid. jesse lane doesnt count because he didnt go till after they drafted him , and they dropped im anyway. the canes have only 5 scouts, so im not sure they even know there is a "Q", let alone would take kid from it. not criticizing the list, just my team. i would hope we take a kid like that, but i doubt the canes know he exists.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Fedz said:
After the WJC I've come to these conclusiongs.

Rask will not be a top 10 pick, and will be lucky to go top 20, after his performance at this years WJC.

Thats junk. He is a 17 yr old goaltender who played in a tourney full of 18/19 yr olds. Where were Levasseur/Price/Vincent? Maybe you had expectations of a Kari Lehtonen, but his tournament play this year should not be frowned upon. I think he'll atleast make the top 20.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
I don't see the Leafs drafting a goalie, either.

I believe they will try to get a forward.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
wildslip said:
carey price wouldn't go to LA i think he is goign to go to Minnesota

What does that mean? That he won't play for LA? The Kings pick before the Wild on that list, so if we want him, we pick him, and the Wild don't have much say so.

Personally, I think the Kings will go with a center. Jack Skille would be a good choice.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Legionnaire said:
What does that mean? That he won't play for LA? The Kings pick before the Wild on that list, so if we want him, we pick him, and the Wild don't have much say so.

Personally, I think the Kings will go with a center. Jack Skille would be a good choice.
Weren't you guys saying that for the past two years :)

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Nah it was only last year. After we found out that Cammy was too small to really play center at the NHL level.

FYI Boyle is a center. Although he does look more comfortable on the right side.

Blane Youngblood

Jun 17, 2003
Visit site
Legionnaire said:
Nah it was only last year. After we found out that Cammy was too small to really play center at the NHL level.

FYI Boyle is a center. Although he does look more comfortable on the right side.

I hope the draft happens just like that except the Canucks take Bertram when their pick comes up. If Bertram drops to Vancouver, I will be jumping for joy. Hell, I'd even be happy with Skille. Also, I was kinda hoping Anikeenko would be the Canucks 3rd round pick. I think he's rated too highly in this mock.

Jungle Boy

Feb 12, 2003
Recife, Brazil
I´m happy with Carey Price, Rask would be ok too if we´re going with a goalie. If we opt to draft a center I would like Zagrapan or Kopitar. Best scenario I see is LA drafting a center with our 1st pick, use one (or even both of then + something if management thinks that´s worth) of the 2 picks we have in the second round (if we don´t singn Steckel) to trade up to the 20-40 range and pick a goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->