2005 Mock Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAl

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
X-Sharkie, do you really feel that Philly doesn't have a number one goalie in their system. I honestly think that Antero Niitymakki will be one of the better goalies in the league for years. I'll go as far to say that I think he could be the next great goalie in the league, and that he could bring a couple cups to Philly. :dunno:

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
rt said:
I don't think Washington really has any prospect NEEDS.

I disagree-we NEED a #1 dman and a first line center. We have neither and will likely be able to get 1.

Latendresse is a winger, BTW.

Son of a gun, he is listed as a RW. Not sure why I thought he was a Center. Well, that kind of scratches him from a Caps perspective, in my opinion. Thanks for pointing that out.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
2 round mock would be tough, but it would be fun.

Mabey we could do a HF wide mock, have one person represent each NHL team, and do a 3 round mock?

Anyone interested in that?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see that. It gets harder as the draft goes on. I would hope traded picks would be listed to who they belong, like Ottawa's 2nd is the Caps.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I could do 9 rounds but drafts take way to long like that. If you have a commited bunch and get them all on MIRC you could do it in 1 or 2 nights.

SuperNintendoChalmrs

Jun 28, 2002
Buffalo
Good stuff. The Sabres should be looking for a defenseman. Parent or Staal, those seem to be the names mentioned most. What the Sabres do.....that is another story.

:propeller

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
SuperNintendoChalmrs said:
Good stuff. The Sabres should be looking for a defenseman. Parent or Staal, those seem to be the names mentioned most. What the Sabres do.....that is another story.

:propeller

Staal will be gone by the time they pick, imho.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
BigAl said:
X-Sharkie, do you really feel that Philly doesn't have a number one goalie in their system. I honestly think that Antero Niitymakki will be one of the better goalies in the league for years. I'll go as far to say that I think he could be the next great goalie in the league, and that he could bring a couple cups to Philly. :dunno:

Flyers fans said that about Cechmanek. How did that work out?

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
SuperNintendoChalmrs said:
Probably. The Sabres do need to find some defensemen though, and preferably grabbing one of the better ones with their 1st round pick.

Parent will be there but I would go Bourdon if I were you.

X-SHARKIE

BigAl said:

I"m just saying a for sure thing. Ever since they traded Ouelet they lacked a stud back there, but alot of there goalies are devoloping very well.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
Two problems

1. Ryan has had a much better season than Latendresse, despite playing most of the second half with shoulder contusions. If we are talking upside, his is much higher than Pouliot's, who is a scorer, not a franchise forward like Ryan could be.

2. Philly will not take a goalie in the 1st round. End of story.

GorillazXL

Jun 21, 2003
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
Jason MacIsaac said:
I would love to grab Brian Lee somewhere in the draft if Staal isn't available. Brian Lee is also going to the Devils 2nd farm team next year in North Dakota ;)

:biglaugh: That really seems to be the case doesn't it! Does Lou have stocks in the the Engle arena?

GXL

fredez

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
I actually had him as a darkhorse pick before the season started. http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=105234

Skille is a good skater, mainly because he keeps his feet moving, he's very smart and crafty offensively, he has learned to use his linemates better. Another thing I love about him, same with PIcard last year, is this kid can flat out finnish. He scores goals from anywhere. His shot is so deceptively quick when released it beats the best of goalies.

As for steals of the draft? I'm not sure yet.

There are 3 players I want the Sharks to take after the top 2 rounds.

F Jordan Lavalle. His skating has come along way and his hands and finish continue to blossum. He is a good project worth taking on.

D Joe Finley. 6-7 240 and mean, from the USHL, skates pretty well to. Moves the puck well on the first pass. Could be a great 3rd-4th round pick.

F Mathiue Roy, stuck on a bad bad team. He can score and he has a good hard edge to his game. Still a big project.

F Zach Bearson would make a great 2nd day pick. Looks to be the next Wayne Primeau

The sleeper 1st round picks IMO are Trukhno and Matt Niskanen. I saw Matt at the Minnesota state tournament and he was awesome, could sneak up on draft boards.
I see Trukhno being the kid that years from now we all go, man I wish my team took that kid. No one has the moves this kid does in this draft IMO.

2 round mock would be tough, but it would be fun.

Mabey we could do a HF wide mock, have one person represent each NHL team, and do a 3 round mock?

Anyone interested in that?
I would be interested, I'd take Montreal

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
GagneOwnsYou said:
Two problems

1. Ryan has had a much better season than Latendresse, despite playing most of the second half with shoulder contusions. If we are talking upside, his is much higher than Pouliot's, who is a scorer, not a franchise forward like Ryan could be.

Latendresse is a better skater than Ryan, and not one-dimensional like Ryan is. I am a big Bobby Ryan fan and I would personally take him before Latendresse but I don't think NHL teams will see it this way. Someone said Bobby Ryan is the Chris Webber of hockey and I really like that comparision.

TwineSniper

Aug 29, 2003
Canada
Philip J. Fry said:
Typical case of someone that doesn't read carefully. I said that my generation never had a superstar skater... That's it, Lafleur, Richard, Beliveau, Robinson, etc, I couldn't care less. My grandfather and my father saw them play. Not me. And honestly, they're considered as habs fans and in my life, I bought more tickets and jerseys with my own money than they did themselves. That's what I'm saying. I'm not only talking about ME... It's about a whole generation of very lucrative habs fans. I can't beleive your dumb enough to throw in the names of Lafleur and Richard. I'm 20 years old damn it. Ultimately, the most skilled and spectacular skater our generation had is Saku Koivu and he averaged 55 games per seasons over the past 9 seasons. That's rather depressing considering how jam-packed and loud the bell center is, and the ratings that the habs draw on TV. Honestly, it's a real shame... I'm looking at almost every teams located in a decent hockey markets, they all had something spectacular at some point over the past 10-12 years. Not us. Pittsburg with their 11.000 avg crowd can go in hell as far I'm concerned. Our team was the most boring thing after eating Kraft Diner while watching penis elargement ads on TV and we managed to draw a crowd of over 20 000. Now they got St. Louis, Richards and Lecavalier in Tampa, Ovechkin in Washington, Kovalchuk and Heatley in Atlanta. Disgusting. What's next, Crosby where they had 11 000 people into their arena because the team was boring? That's just plain stupid.

Speak for yourself. I am only a couple years older than you and I couldn't disagree with you more.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
markov` said:
Latendresse is a better skater than Ryan, and not one-dimensional like Ryan is. I am a big Bobby Ryan fan and I would personally take him before Latendresse but I don't think NHL teams will see it this way. Someone said Bobby Ryan is the Chris Webber of hockey and I really like that comparision.

How is Ryan one-dimensional? That is ridiclous. His vision means he can create or be a threat from anywhere on the ice.

Rounder

Jan 23, 2005
Mock Draft

Ryan one dimensional ? He finished the season +30, he plays power plays and PENALTY KILLS. He is built for the pro game. As far as other N.H.L scouts go, you should ask around, more than half the teams in the leauge have him as the number 2 pick

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
Im really not sure who the Bruins will take. They are in need of a forward that has first line talent (they have lots of 2nd-3rd liners) but it doesn't hurt to take a defenseman

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Rounder said:
As far as other N.H.L scouts go, you should ask around, more than half the teams in the leauge have him as the number 2 pick

Wow! Can you expand on that statement, please, if it's not too much trouble? Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad