20 years ago, in October, the Rangers were embarrassed by a California hockey team...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Oy vey this guy tries to make a light hearted attempt at getting everyone to step away from the ledge and everyone else chips his damn head off

Lighten up :laugh:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
PLEASE. STOP. MAKING. EVERY. YEAR. 1994.

It happened. It's over. It's not gonna happen again.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
This team keeps Richards, Pyatt etc over Kreider, Miller

Richards and Pyatt are better players than Kreider and Miller who aren't even NHL ready. Would you really replace Richards who was nice enough to net 3 goals so far, with Random-Effort Kreider ?

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
People who think this thread is a callback to 94 are completely missing the point.

Bardof425*

I wouldn't consider a 4-2 loss to the newly formed Mighty Ducks as embarrassing! Plus, the finished that month over .500 (7-5-1).

However, the Rangers went 11-1-1 in November that season! There is hope!

At the time it was very embarrassing and had everyone questioning if that season was going to be a repeat of the previous one.

Bardof425*

HA!

Kreider not being able to hold Kovalev's jock strap also has something to do with it.

You forget how disappointing Kovalev was on most nights, which is why we ouirselves of him; twice. He was a great talent, but not a great Ranger; too many bonehead plays night after night.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
That team had young Kovalev, allowed to play, screw up but also contribute.
This team holds back Kreider.

That team had more speed.

That team had Zubov ... ok, we need to bite the bullet and trade Stepan for Jones to get around that.

Isn't it possible that Kovalev was ready and those guys aren't because they are entirely different players with different abilities and mental makeups?

Richter Scale

Aug 4, 2012
"One game doesn't define a team â„¢"

That's the thing. From a fan's perspective, I agree. Don't define the team based on one bad game.

But from a player's perspective, I want last night's game seared into their memory for the rest of the season. I want them to be absolutely ashamed and feel extreme embarrassment. And I want them to move forward with that memory and play with a chip on their shoulders.

Outside of Callahan's post game interview, and maybe Boyle's temper tantrum on Stuart at the end of the game, I didn't see that from a single player last night.

And AV looked like a deer in the headlights in his post game interview. "Clean slate" is the opposite of what they need right now in my opinion. Not to say he should hold a grudge or throw some guys in the dog house. But if he just lets them forget last night's game, and takes the approach that they should "eh, move on, its just one bad game" -- to me that is the wrong attitude to take.

Jim Ramsay

Jul 1, 2003
Warwick, NY
That's the thing. From a fan's perspective, I agree. Don't define the team based on one bad game.

But from a player's perspective, I want last night's game seared into their memory for the rest of the season. I want them to be absolutely ashamed and feel extreme embarrassment. And I want them to move forward with that memory and play with a chip on their shoulders.

Outside of Callahan's post game interview, and maybe Boyle's temper tantrum on Stuart at the end of the game, I didn't see that from a single player last night.

And AV looked like a deer in the headlights in his post game interview. "Clean slate" is the opposite of what they need right now in my opinion. Not to say he should hold a grudge or throw some guys in the dog house. But if he just lets them forget last night's game, and takes the approach that they should "eh, move on, its just one bad game" -- to me that is the wrong attitude to take.

I actually think AV seemed a little aggravated in his postgame, but doesn't seem like the kind of guy to 'blow up' in post game interviews... He was kind of alluding to the CBA requires a day off and to me it kind of sounded like the rangers probably would have had a tough practice today if they were allowed to have one.....

The one thing that Torts did very well was make people accountable and I hope AV is holding every single player accountable for that terrible performance last night.

Apparently there was a closed door team meeting after the game last night so who really knows what was said....Maybe AV let them have it....Maybe Callahan stood up and said how embarrassing and unacceptable the game was..... who really knows

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Remember when torts yelled at Sam last year after a bad game? Imagine him after last night :laugh:

SomE*

That team had Zubov ... ok, we need to bite the bullet and trade Stepan for Jones to get around that.
Chris Kreider holds back Kreider

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Meant shouldn't. Not should.

One game.

against a ridiculously good sharks team and some SERIOUS puck luck on their end...

still baffled by the puck going over the net and batted in... and that awkward back hand from the corner

lets not forget, the ref started the **** up for this game up for us with his skate..

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

Have you watched the games? Richards has been the best player on the ice in all 3 games, possibly a smidge behind Nash in the LA game, but still, he has looked like Brad Richards or old. You think Miller is a better option right now? Stop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad