20 years ago, in October, the Rangers were embarrassed by a California hockey team...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
No I actually do not know what occurred after that. Could you please explain to me in depth what happened? Did Rick Nash also get a concussion 20 years ago in October?

Gingeroux28

KreiderFace FTW
Jan 9, 2013
at your local rink!
I wouldn't consider a 4-2 loss to the newly formed Mighty Ducks as embarrassing! Plus, the finished that month over .500 (7-5-1).

However, the Rangers went 11-1-1 in November that season! There is hope!

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
If this is a positive thread, I have some things to chime in with:

• Love the way Richards has looked so far this season
  • Also really liking the way Dorsett looks this season
  • Zuccarello is on another level this year compared to previous years. Points should start falling in for him
  • We saw what this team and this system is capable of against LA. Recall how Quick made some EXCELLENT saves in that game. That game could have finished 6-1. Well, 5-1 if we take away one of our actual goals :laugh:
  • IF (I hate using if statements) we finish this road trip with at least 8 or 9 points, it should be ruled a success

Please don't take this list as me being satisfied with what has gone on with the Rangers recently. I've been disappointed since AV was hired, but here we are now.

I said in the GDT last night, I don't even care about the score last night, I think it's most concerning that the Rangers flat out gave up. They looked tired. They looked beat, and beat quickly. I guess that goes hand in hand with the fact they ended up allowing 9 goals (oh my god).

We're three games into the season. Including preseason, the Rangers have yet to play a game on MSG ice. We're playing under a new coach, a new system, and with a lot of new faces in the lineup. Troubles like we saw last night could have been avoided with more fierce cuts during the preseason (the Rangers never iced near the opening night lineup in the preseason).

I just... I don't know. I'm not ready to blow it all up again after last night.

Don't jump. There are 79 games to go.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Here come the wild attempts at '93-94 parallels.

Wake me when Messier, Leetch, and Graves walk through that door

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
...and we all know what happened after that. ;)

LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rangers also had

a legit #1 center.

a legit #1 defenceman

goal scoring talent (aside from the #1 center) in Amonte, Gartner and Graves.

aside from Nash, this team has Callahan who is a few notches below all three.

The 93-94 team had 8 20 goal scorers.

this team MAY have 3

That team had 2 defenceman with 75 points or more.

We will have no defenceman over 40

That team was as gritty as they come and that was LOOONG before the deadline deals to bring in even more grit.

This team is softer than warm babycrap

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Rangers also had

a legit #1 center.

a legit #1 defenceman

goal scoring talent (aside from the #1 center) in Amonte, Gartner and Graves.

aside from Nash, this team has Callahan who is a few notches below all three.

The 93-94 team had 8 20 goal scorers.

this team MAY have 3

That team had 2 defenceman with 75 points or more.

We will have no defenceman over 40

That team was as gritty as they come and that was LOOONG before the deadline deals to bring in even more grit.

This team is softer than warm babycrap

That team had young Kovalev, allowed to play, screw up but also contribute.
This team holds back Kreider.

That team had more speed.
This team keeps Richards, Pyatt etc over Kreider, Miller

That team had Zubov ... ok, we need to bite the bullet and trade Stepan for Jones to get around that.

The Great Disaster

Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Here come the wild attempts at '93-94 parallels.

Wake me when Messier, Leetch, and Graves walk through that door

Seems they couldn't have been any worse as the COACH and assistants as the clowns we now have. Heaven forbid, if Messier was coach we might lose 9-2 cause "he don't know what he's doing". No experience la la la. Franchise goalie would have hurt feelings and bail on us ya ya ya.

His experience would have seen hertl the turtle with 4 goals and 4 missing chicklets after the last one. Like to see that smile with a big gap in his front teeth. Welcome to the NHL rookie. There would be accountability and house cleaning for a more respectable future. The future looks mighty bleak right now.

But then av has 4 or 5 years to clean this mess up.
Thanks slats.

Florida Ranger

Bring back Torts!
Sep 2, 2008
Wesley Chapel, FL
Seems they couldn't have been any worse as the COACH and assistants as the clowns we now have. Heaven forbid, if Messier was coach we might lose 9-2 cause "he don't know what he's doing". No experience la la la. Franchise goalie would have hurt feelings and bail on us ya ya ya.

His experience would have seen hertl the turtle with 4 goals and 4 missing chicklets after the last one. Like to see that smile with a big gap in his front teeth. Welcome to the NHL rookie. There would be accountability and house cleaning for a more respectable future. The future looks mighty bleak right now.

But then av has 4 or 5 years to clean this mess up.
Thanks slats.

lol Really? I'm not a big AV at all, but you gotta give these guys a chance. The team's learning a new system and the coaches are trying to understand the players. Good lord, remember in 11-12 people were flipping out on Torts and Sullivan for a 3-3-3 start? Complain if we're like this in two months. You sound like a sore loser. Give the kid some credit.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York

This is disgusting and you should feel ashamed that you think this is in any way acceptable. It's one thing to go after Stuart for catching Nash, it's another thing to go after a 19 year old for scoring a goal.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
WRONG

a 9-2 loss means the team completely stopped competing. It's a disgrace.

They stopped competing in that loss against Anaheim too. That team had such a lack of compete at the beginning of the season that Keenan broke his stick over a crossbar during practice on his birthday.

Obviously, this team isn't as talented as that one was (although I'd argue that no team in the NHL today is as talented as that one was), but the point is that you don't know what will happen as the season goes on. Too many people writing this team off right now.

The Great Disaster

Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
This is disgusting and you should feel ashamed that you think this is in any way acceptable. It's one thing to go after Stuart for catching Nash, it's another thing to go after a 19 year old for scoring a goal.

First three I give him all the credit in the world. Hot dog one deserved payback and retribution. This team will have none of that it seems. Hope av fixes that soon!

Feb 27, 2002
NYC

I'd usually agree, but the last one was over the top—especially when you're up 6 goals at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad