News Article: 20 years after the Jaromir Jagr trade, former Penguin Kris Beech has found peace

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I know this isn't at all what you mean but him playing with a torn-in-half groin being held together by a tire tube or whatever in the playoffs against Jersey was pretty epic.

Yeah, he's had some solid series, but overall he never got it done and I don't necessarily buy the "well it was only Jagr by himself argument". Granted, the NHL was basically what it is today during Jags prime, so the offensive depth we had most years didn't matter because our Ds were so bad.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yeah, he's had some solid series, but overall he never got it done and I don't necessarily buy the "well it was only Jagr by himself argument". Granted, the NHL was basically what it is today during Jags prime, so the offensive depth we had most years didn't matter because our Ds were so bad.

I have a healthy amount of love for Jagr. I grew up watching him, after all. Largely my issues with him is that he's, well... just kinda of a weirdo jackass. But I also have to admit that during the rather hopeless clutch and grab/bankrupt era he phoned in some series.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad