GDT: #20 New Jersey (8-9-2) at Edmonton (6-11-2) - 9:30 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Agreed. This is about as must win as you can get at this point in the season.

"Tough building. I thought we battled hard, our compete level was there. We just weren't rewarded for our opportunities. We've gotta find a way to start scoring some more goals. I thought this game could have really went 4-1 for either team, but obviously tonight it went 4-1 in favor for them. I thought chances were about even, despite what the shots said. Oh and Cory starts tomorrow."

And also throw in something about how Edmonton had just lost 4 straight and were more desperate, and how we need to find a way to be that desperate this time of year.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
I'm expecting a shutout tonight which 'earns' Schneider another start tomorrow and that results in a soft goals loss tomorrow.

Am I doing this right?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Isn't this the same team we were up like 5-0 in a game last year and they came back in a matter of minutes?
Well it was actually 3-0, but yeah they scored 4 goals in like 5 or 6 minutes. That's why I still have nightmares about that game. I can still hear Edmonton's goal horn ringing through my ears and head.
I'm expecting a shutout tonight which 'earns' Schneider another start tomorrow and that results in a soft goals loss tomorrow.

Am I doing this right?

He'll start again tomorrow whether he gives up 0 or 7.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Well it was actually 3-0, but yeah they scored 4 goals in like 5 or 6 minutes. That's why I still have nightmares about that game. I can still hear Edmonton's goal horn ringing through my ears and head.

He will give up 5 and Kincaid will drive from Albany to Edmonton during the game to replace him in the third.

njdevilsftw

Nov 13, 2011
new jersey
Devils score 35 seconds into the game. Then give up a bad goal In the final min of the 1st. Sloppy 2nd period by both teams. Devils forget to show up for the 1st 15 mins of the 3rd. Then finally wake up and dominate the game the last 5 mins, but never score. In OT mark Fayne score from the blue line on weak wrister while Cory is stuggling to get back to the net after he tripped tryin to play the puck from behind the bet.

But hey it's a point in a tough building...right?

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
I am visiting my octogenarian day1 devils fan mother and father for thanksgiving, and watching the game with her tonight. We will all be drinking. I need a win else it is going to get ugly.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

God that game was the worst. Really set the tone for the season.

If we repeat that tonight I'm throwing ****.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
God that game was the worst. Really set the tone for the season.

If we repeat that tonight I'm throwing ****.

Yes I have said over and over that I believe that loss sent our season in the wrong direction.

I really think we might win another game or two on the opening road trip if we hadn't blown that game. The team started playing very badly for the next handful of games after that.

DevilsFanInFla

Feb 28, 2014
I'm priming my liver for this game as we speak. Got a gut feeling, maybe it's PTSD from that game last season, about this game and it's not warm and fuzzy. Something along the lines of a Boyd Gordon hat trick. Sound about right?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yes I have said over and over that I believe that loss sent our season in the wrong direction.

I really think we might win another game or two on the opening road trip if we hadn't blown that game. The team started playing very badly for the next handful of games after that.

Loss tonight will do the same. Kind of need to win the next two or we will have another west Canada trip sink our season again.

NHL Fanatik*

Good news is we are going with the lineup we SHOULD of went with against the Jets.

Camm-Zajac-Jagr
Elias-Henrique-Havlat
Ruutu-JJ-Ryder
Zubs-Gio-Bernier

Hopefully this gets the 2nd line going.

TG states Zubrus-Gionta-Bernier is the third line.

Quite possibly the worst third line in the NHL.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
TG states Zubrus-Gionta-Bernier is the third line.

Quite possibly the worst third line in the NHL.

Ehh odds are they will play similar minutes. I wouldn't be to concerned with the bottom 6.

Top 6 is priority number one. Getting the second line going is beyond key. Teams gameplans realize all they need to do is block point shots and shut down the top line and we pretty much can't score right now. Get the 2nd line going it will open things up for the top line a bit.

Apparently Henrique was kept to the third line because of his leg and Pete not being ready to let him do "winger duties" which makes sense exempt Rico is playing center tonight with Elias at his wing. Unless it was a minutes issue why not do that the last game? Surprised TG or Chere didn't follow up and ask this.

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
Question: why not give Cory a break, esp vs. the Oilers?

Why 20 straight starts for this guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad