GDT: #20 New Jersey (8-9-2) at Edmonton (6-11-2) - 9:30 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
Ruutu and JJ should play more tonight.
Should play, yeah. Will they? Probably not. Similar minutes to the fourth line is what I'm expecting.

Watched the first period of this game and it was awful, yet again. When I woke up today I was surprised to see that they managed to win. But then again it's just Edmonton. Calgary is gonna be tougher, along with the fast and young offense they also have good defense.

Really annoyed that the game tonight is starting at 10PM, probably won't watch it.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Should play, yeah. Will they? Probably not. Similar minutes to the fourth line is what I'm expecting.

Watched the first period of this game and it was awful, yet again. When I woke up today I was surprised to see that they managed to win. But then again it's just Edmonton. Calgary is gonna be tougher, along with the fast and young offense they also have good defense.

Really annoyed that the game tonight is starting at 10PM, probably won't watch it.

Calgary is not only better than Edmonton, they will also be well rested while NJD will be on a back-to-back.

The Devils will need lady luck tonight for sure.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Also... Bernier is a PPG player vs EDM

sVbST59.jpg

So is the rest of the league:laugh:

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Devils played a solid game but Edmonton is shockingly bad. Larsson is showing that, even if his offensive game is a bit disappointing, he's very good defensively and is starting to throw his body around. Helgeson had a great game I thought, really used his size for some big hits.

Cory Schneider played the type of game I'd like to see more of, hopefully this is the start of a more consistent level of play from him.

Its the Oilers, but its a win on the road that they badly needed.

Last edited:

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Devils played a solid game but Edmonton is shockingly bad. Larsson is showing that, even if his offensive game is a bit disappointing, he's very good defensively and is starting to throw his body around. Helgeson had a great game I thought, really used his size for some big hits.

Cory Schneider played the type of game I'd like to see more of, hopefully this is the start of a more consistent level of play from him.

Its the Oilers, but its a win on the road that they badly needed.

I'm still of the belief that Larsson can have a really good offensive game. Unfortunately that game hinges on the forwards mightily and they just aren't that good right now. Despite the two goals yesterday, most of our offense comes from sustained pressure in the offensive zone, not off quick transitions/counterattacking. Larsson's outlet passes were advertised to be one of his best assets, and he's shown glimpses of that. But it's hard when those outlet passes go to snails like Zubrus, Bernier, Zajac, Jagr, or basically all of our forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad