GDT: #20: Lightning 6 at FLYERS 5 (OT), Saturday, Nov. 17 2018, 1:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You earn goodwill with Cups, obviously. That’s a poor team to use to support an argument. If Hak wins back to back Cups, I’m sure he will get more grace from some of the critics.

My point was twofold - people get overly excited about HCs and about early season performance.
Goalies matter more than HCs - just look around the league.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Hexy has to go, he just does not care about results. His pride and being in control is more important.
I don't want Hextall to go despite my avatar. But he 100% is being stubborn in replacing Lappy/Hak because then it shows the fans were right...and have been for awhile, and he has been wrong.

I just wish a reporter would ask him that question every time they see him. This is the 4th straight year the PK has gotten worse under different players and goalies. At what point do you put blame on the coaches?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
I don't want Hextall to go despite my avatar. But he 100% is being stubborn in replacing Lappy/Hak because then it shows the fans were right...and have been for awhile, and he has been wrong.

I just wish a reporter would ask him that question every time they see him. This is the 4th straight year the PK has gotten worse under different players and goalies. At what point do you put blame on the coaches?
He would just take their credentials. He has them by the balls.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He'll probably come in for Folin.
Folin has been solid, but his limitations are plain to see, he's an offensive cipher.

MacDonald skated much better, doesn't mean he's a good D-man, but he's not the liability he was the first couple weeks, and he does have offensive skills - he was 53rd in the NHL in pp/60 among defensemen last year.

Oh, MacDonald played 16:04, Folin 15:27 yesterday, 5th and 6th in D-man minutes.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yeah let's see what Hak does here. I won't be shocked at all if Sanheim is benched because whenever Hak panics or is pushed into a corner, he goes with vets.
Me neither, since Hakstol is completely incompetent, but, if I had to guess, I’d bet on

Provorov-Hagg
Ghost-Mac
Sanheim-Gudas

He wants Mac in the top 4 and, for some idiotic reason, Gudas seems to be on his sh*t list too, so he’ll keep Gudas and Sanheim together to get scrap time.

Reactions: Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He'll probably come in for Folin.
Folin has been solid, but his limitations are plain to see, he's an offensive cipher.

MacDonald skated much better, doesn't mean he's a good D-man, but he's not the liability he was the first couple weeks, and he does have offensive skills - he was 53rd in the NHL in pp/60 among defensemen last year.

Oh, MacDonald played 16:04, Folin 15:27 yesterday, 5th and 6th in D-man minutes.

1 game sample size

On the season, AMac is 4th, Folin is 6th, and Sanheim is 7th.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
As painful as it would be. I think not making the playoffs this year is the best bet. It means Hak and Lappy are gone. We get yet another high end prospect. We trade Simmonds at the trade deadline. Maybe a goalie too. More likely we get to see Myers called up.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
People get excited by early season performance?

Perhaps it’s because of the insane stat that 70% of teams who are in the playoffs at US Thanksgiving and up making the playoffs.
going into last season, it was 78%.

So we have roughly a 22% chance of making it this year and November is only half over. Good times ahead!

But I fully expect our offensive guys to start winning games to make up for our bad coaching.

Reactions: orangecrush8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad