GDT: #20: Lightning 6 at FLYERS 5 (OT), Saturday, Nov. 17 2018, 1:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Sanheim jumped up on a nice pinch, beat 2 Bolts to get the puck down low, then crashed the net and was open in the slot. Weise couldn't get it to him. He just worked a defenseman to draw the penalty. 3rd period he made a great spin turn to get space on the boards and make the beautiful outlet pass across the red. The confidence is coming and so am I.

Sanheim is really coming on.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
How about directly from Hakstols mouth?

After general manager Ron Hextall hired him in 2015, for instance, Hakstol spent some time surveying the Flyers' culture, in the locker room and during games, and decided that if anything, he said, "there was some wasted emotion, some misdirected emotion. I thought that's one thing we needed to work at correcting early on."
“Wasted emotion” and “misdirected emotion” do not combine to form “we need to play absent emotion”.

Substitute “energy” for “emotion” to see how ill-formed your interpretation is.

Better yet, imagine you are hired as the CEO to run a company, and the first thing you say is “there is some wasted money, some misdirected money, I think that’s one thing we need to correct early on”. Would any sensible person infer from that statement that you want to run your company without money?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
“Wasted emotion” and “misdirected emotion” do not combine to form “we need to play absent emotion”.

Substitute “energy” for “emotion” to see how ill-formed your interpretation is.

Better yet, imagine you are hired as the CEO to run a company, and the first thing you say is “there is some wasted money, some misdirected money, I think that’s one thing we need to correct early on”. Would any sensible person infer from that statement that you want to run your company without money?
Or you could just watch the games and see that this Flyers team has 100% taken on the coaches personality of little to no emotion. Just the way Hak wants it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->