Post-Game Talk: 20 games left

J-Swift

Jan 5, 2006
Tatar has no goddamn brain. As soon as Calgary gets the puck he needs to be skating back to cover his man, instead he gives up the two-on-one.

grewalwings

May 23, 2014
Ontario
Liked the effort from a lot of the guys today, whats the percentage of the wings making the playoffs now? Also, is Nike back next game?

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Zetterberg is the heart and soul of this dying franchise

he is the only bright spot

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Liked the effort from a lot of the guys today, whats the percentage of the wings making the playoffs now? Also, is Nike back next game?
Looks like the Wings' chances are so low, losing didn't really affect the percentage chance that much. They're at a .5% chance already. In practical terms, their simulation thinks the Wings would have to go 15-3-3 to have just a 59% chance of making it. Yikes.

www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Atlantic/Detroit.html

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
Zetterberg is the heart and soul of this dying franchise

he is the only bright spot

Absolutely. After that disheartening goal in OT Hank was the last Wing off the ice giving what looked like encouragement to his teammates. Zetterberg is a warrior and deserves better than this.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Mrazek has indeed been a problem. As has Tatar. As has the vast majority of the roster. Everybody tends to have their favorite whipping boy(s), but this is what happens with a bad team.

The real question is how many more years will it continue without with the same front office? Who knows...

Oct 18, 2006
What the heck was Tatar doing on the OT winner? You cannot afford to overcommit during 3-on-3.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Stealing a point with 2 seconds left. Fantastic. Just what we needed.

Yeah, you can't blame the players, they are going to give it their all. It's just too bad there is so much parity that a bad team like Detroit can will their way to the 10th overall draft pick rather than a top 5 pick. Particularly in a mediocre draft class. :help:

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
The real question is how many more years will it continue without with the same front office? Who knows...

This summer will reveal if Holland's recent comments on being competitive next year were lip service or he really thinks they can turn it around in one offseason. I think it is the former, Detroit is not close to being a contender and hopefully management comes to the same conclusion.

Anyone who has watched the Wings this year can tell they are bad, but for me the biggest eye opener is watching other NHL games not involving Detroit. One offseason is not enough, if the front office thinks otherwise it will just take longer to become relevant again.

I anticipate Holland being quiet in the offseason, and while not saying it publicly, starting the rebuild. But I also thought he would address the blue line last year so what the heck do I know.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
This nightmare is almost over.

Unfortunately it's not. We're in for seasons of this level of hockey.

Report Nielsen as MIA, where the heck was that guy? Pathetic. Helm was the best player tonight and that's never a good sign. The hope repeated that Larkin, Mantha, and AA are the future core of a contending team is fantasy talk. All the freedom to take control and they can't do antyhing. Callahan sadly I see nothing positive there, terrible skating. Kronwall should have some pride and LTIR. We are truly ****ed.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Unfortunately it's not. We're in for seasons of this level of hockey.

Report Nielsen as MIA, where the heck was that guy? Pathetic. Helm was the best player tonight and that's never a good sign. The hope repeated that Larkin, Mantha, and AA are the future core of a contending team is fantasy talk. All the freedom to take control and they can't do antyhing. Callahan sadly I see nothing positive there, terrible skating. Kronwall should have some pride and LTIR. We are truly ****ed.

And Ken holland says we are a playoff team next year. Lmao

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad