Post-Game Talk: 20 for Nick as Caps put up 8 and defeat the Habs

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Ooof Every fan take a break from going at the arena and watching for one more year. Let's everybody get Netflix next year and forget the Habs exist. And then we get Bedard at the end of that. I can't think of any other alternatives that would make me believe the opposite of doing that. It's a mess.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I think Hoffman can be somewhat useful for us but he needs a playmaker that can feed him the puck. We currently have nobody that can play as #2 center Someone like Danault would have helped him a lot.
Agree 100% with your evaluation of Hoffman's role on this roster, but Danault was not that guy either. Maybe KK. Maybe.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
It’s amazing how unappreciated Poehling is on this board.
People just expect a lot more from a 1st rd pick. AND he added to expectations with his 4 goals game.

Personnally I like his game, but he needs more consistency and needs to use big size more. Right now he's a good 4th line LW, I wish he'd figure out how to be our 3rd line C.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Playing back to back nights against a playoff team Habs played alright. It was 4-3 early in third. Goaltending killed us but playing third string netminder. Shots were 40-33.

Have to keep Anderson at least until trade deadline. His line was buzzing all night and only guy on team who can stick up for finesse teammates. Like to see Pezz a little tougher but he just doesn't have it

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
I still hold out hope for Phoeling, those flashes of brilliance keep me intrigued, just would like a little more consistency. The talent is there!
Sorry guys, for some reason I have a mental block spelling his name…Poehling!!!!

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
21 career points... 16 points this season... how much appreciation is owed to a young guy who has zero impact on our results? Let him earn it, please.
He currently is.............if we ask MSL and HuGo pretty sure they would tell us he has the tools, and will be given a more fair chance. Size, Speed, and will go to the dirty areas......
Stay tuned....he is a real work in progress.

Reactions: Redux91 and Mr Mom

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
21 career points... 16 points this season... how much appreciation is owed to a young guy who has zero impact on our results? Let him earn it, please.

His accolade is that he is now "graduated". No more Laval stints. But you would hope to see more from him next year.

Reactions: MasterD

MtlSars

Dec 9, 2016
Poehling will be fine, he had been pretty unlucky with injuries and its hard to show consistency when you're in and out of the lineup coming back from concussions or the AHL.

Let's hope he has 30 straight games in the NHL, he's doing the little things well, winning faceoffs in the offensive zone, winning board battles and using his speed. He's never going to be much more than 3rd line material but that's still ok for a 15 goals 20 assist, he made some decent passes recently too.

Wouldn't mind a Poehling - Evans- Ylonen 3rd or 4th pairing in the near future.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I still hold out hope for Phoeling, those flashes of brilliance keep me intrigued, just would like a little more consistency. The talent is there!
He's been looking for consistency since his junior years. I think it's part of his DNA would be surprised if it changes given his age.

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
He currently is.............if we ask MSL and HuGo pretty sure they would tell us he has the tools, and will be given a more fair chance. Size, Speed, and will go to the dirty areas......
Stay tuned....he is a real work in progress.
Agree

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Wouldn't mind trying both Poehling & Dvorak on the wing. Poehling's size & speed off the wing would be a sight to see. Kid has decent hands just don't think he has the hockey IQ to be a center.

Same with Dvorak. Only reason he's playing center is because of faceoff ability. He's skilled though and would probably fit in with Suzuki/CC.

No centers to replace them right now unless we want Dauphin as our 2nd line center again and Byron as our 4th.

Dvorak - Suzuki - Caufield
Drouin - XXXXXX - Anderson
Poehling - XXXXXX - Gallagher
RHP - Evans - Ylonen
Pezzetta, Byron

Hopefully something like that for next year.

Dvorak and Poehling are at center by default.

Armia & Hoffman, hopefully first to go, like even before Petry. Gallagher is absolutely unmoveable. We have to hope a full summer of rest & training will help.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
It’s amazing how unappreciated Poehling is on this board.
I just don't think he has the compete level and/or skill level to do any better. He can become a poor man's Kreider but he just doesn't want it enough and his hockey IQ is lacking. To me he should be on the wing because low IQ centers rarely work out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad