Post-Game Talk: 20 for Nick as Caps put up 8 and defeat the Habs

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I think Hoffman can be somewhat useful for us but he needs a playmaker that can feed him the puck. We currently have nobody that can play as #2 center Someone like Danault would have helped him a lot.
very true. He's mis-cast 5 on 5 and on the pp. Playing him as the qb on the pp is insanity...

Hopefully we get a C in the draft... I'm excited about, but more hopeful, for Kidney. Because he's a pass first C. We really need playmakers. We've been hurting in that department since Radulov left - like 5 years ago.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee and the

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I like the second half of the season even if they have games like this. There's a lot of positive coming from it unlike de DD era
Yep. Fine to lose but at least there’s effort and the younger players have done better.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Well, I guess that was a game. A really gamey game. Stinky 3rd. The stench of the corpse of this season is overpowering.

Suzuki hits 20.
2 goals by Poehling.
I liked T. Pitlick.
Caufield should have scored on one of those in chancrs in the 2nd.
Montembeault stinks.

We clinched a top 8 pick.
But again, tit cul22 was left off the scoresheet. Sad.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Gallagher's about to take over for Hoffman and Drouin in terms of being the one we're most bewildered by.

FYI, regarding Hoffman, it's not so much to production people have a problem with, it's the unending flow of turnovers...

we can't really be that upset about it... it's not for nothing that his career year (point-wise) was on a non-playoff team where he put up a -24.

He's not a very good hockey player, period. He's highly skilled but not at all a winner... that penalty tonight epitomizes the lack of emotional maturity in his game.

the blues preferred to give up a 2nd & solid bottom 6 RFA asset, and pay Buchnevic ~2M more than it would've taken to retain Hoff, rather than offer him a contract. Too bad for us that MB was "smarter" than his peers and "won" the Hoffman sweepstakes lol

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I'm watching CAR/COL and the pace and level of play are in an entirely different universe. We really need to hit home runs with our picks this year, we have needs everywhere but especially on defense. I miss the Subban/Markov pairing so much it hurts bros.

We barely belong in this league, it's a little embarassing.

Oh and Makar is the most talented player I've seen since McDavid and Matthews. There, I said it. Not saying the G word but it's arguable imo.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
They will be fine

indeed... while losing sucks, the way Suzuki, CC, Evans, Poehling, Romanov, Pitlick are playing (and what we saw from Barron, Harris, Ylonen in brief stints) suggests that MSL is creating a positive environment despite the losing.

it's not the losing itself that is a problem, it's how a team competes when things aren't going well... our compete level under MSL is without reproach. No doubt that the players feel that and that bodes well for their buy in to be a part of building something great.

baby steps...

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'm watching CAR/COL and the pace and level of play are in an entirely different universe. We really need to hit home runs with our picks this year, we have needs everywhere but especially on defense. I miss the Subban/Markov pairing so much it hurts bros.

We barely belong in this league, it's a little embarassing.

Oh and Makar is the most talented player I've seen since McDavid and Matthews. There, I said it. Not saying the G word but it's arguable imo.
Are Wright, Slavovsky, Cooley, or Nemec at that next level of talent that you're speaking of?

It's looking good that we'll get one of them.

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
Are Wright, Slavovsky, Cooley, or Nemec at that next level of talent that you're speaking of?

It's looking good that we'll get one of them.
None of them are generational but thats fine, the mcdavids of the world only come around every 10 years or so but they are still legit talent (potential 1st line talent/1st pairing D)

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
CC fanned a few glorious chances. Armia blew all his opportunities. Habs made Vanacek look way better than he is. Refs stole the show. Drunk guys were whistling with a minute left in an 8-4 games.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
There's something I find really amusing. Everybody shits on Hoffman but he's our 3rd most productive forward after Suzuki and Caufield.
:laugh:

Prorated, it's Rem actually

Reactions: Nicko999

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad