Post-Game Talk: #20 | FLYERS 2 at Devils 5 | Sunday, Nov. 28, 2021 | 7:00 pm ET | MSG+, NBCSP

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
How can you think that coaching doesn't matter when they implement the system you play, who plays with who, and how much they play.

Just think, this system has our 3rd leading scorer on pace for 45 points for the year.

And in another system, Drai has 40 points.

IT. ALL. MATTERS.

Edit....fixed...lol.

It’s easier than comparing anyone to Draisaitl. The Flyers are decimal points away from the Coyotes for 2nd worst in xGF% at 5v5. Compare those rosters. There’s only one explanation for how those rosters could perform the exact same.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It’s easier than comparing anyone to Draisaitl. The Flyers are decimal points away from the Coyotes for 2nd worst in xGF% at 5v5. Compare those rosters. There’s only one explanation for how those rosters could perform the exact same.

Goaltending! Because the top six and bottom six and defense and coaching don't matter.

Obviously both team's have the same goaltending. The same horrible goaltending. That's the sole determiner of success, nothing else matters.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Goaltending! Because the top six and bottom six and defense and coaching don't matter.

Obviously both team's have the same goaltending. The same horrible goaltending. That's the sole determiner of success, nothing else matters.

I can’t not smile at the notion that the Flyers historically bad goaltending was mainly defense, despite nothing indicating that. Then the Flyers are the worst defensive team in the league after a summer exclusively aimed at being good defensively, but their goaltending is great to obfuscate how bad they have been. This is not a well run team. But the irony is hilarious.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Chuck isn’t getting fired right now. The next coach will be the best indicator as to the arrow is pointing. But now the national beat is starting to take notice and words like ‘pressure’ and ‘desperation’ are the descriptors.

The organization is not in a rebuild scenario. Everyone can have their pick of the lot as to which heads will roll in Voorhees, and it’s fine by me if it’s all of them, but there’s a difference when it comes to what the situation actually is. The players changed, for better or worse, the expectations are what they are - they haven’t changed. The directive is what it is. I don’t think the leash is long for Fletcher either, but it’s not running out this week. He’s here for the balance of the season.
I think you are right. But i hate that the org is thinking that way.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
I think the marginal value of one NHL coach over another is less than people think.

At this point, I care more about personality than anything else. Someone who will at least make things more interesting and entertaining to watch.

Bring me Patrick Roy for all I care.
If the impact of hockey coaches is so marginal low. Why we pay most in the entire nhl for our coaches???

Reactions: Rebels57

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
Just read an article by Jordan Hall saying that even though A.V. Is on the hot seat, Fletcher will likely keep him. It completely ignores that Fletchers seat should be just as hot, if not hotter than AV’s seat.

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
Just read an article by Jordan Hall saying that even though A.V. Is on the hot seat, Fletcher will likely keep him. It completely ignores that Fletchers seat should be just as hot, if not hotter than AV’s seat.

What is it with our past two GMs and their stubbornness with not wanting to part away with lame ass coaches? I don't pay attention to GMs and coaches of other teams but is this something that happens across the league?

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017

I guess that is one thing I just didn’t realize could prevent a firing. That is, Chuck and Comcast just being cheap f***s. Funny that the longer this goes on though, the more fans and revenue they will lose.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Exactly. It's got to suck working your ass off in futility game after game. Get the puck out. Get the puck deep. Scramble for a line change. Repeat.

This team needs new, feel-good metrics: PACI (pucks across centre ice) and PAOILTAI (pucks across opponent's icing line that aren't icing).

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
I guess that is one thing I just didn’t realize could prevent a firing. That is, Chuck and Comcast just being cheap f***s. Funny that the longer this goes on though, the more fans and revenue they will lose.
Corporate balance sheets are now in charge of the Flyers

Reactions: renberg

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

You'd think the media would have learned from what happened three years ago.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
If the impact of hockey coaches is so marginal low. Why we pay most in the entire nhl for our coaches???
It's probably true that there shouldn't be a major difference in (most) NHL coaching salaries, if based on marginal impact. What they get paid for is their name and experience, which the Flyers felt they needed after the Hakstol years.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Corporate balance sheets are now in charge of the Flyers
If they are, Fletcher and AV are in trouble. I can’t believe that the Flyers are meeting earning expectations right now. If they were there wouldn’t be half price tickets going on sale.
We all seem to laugh about Dave Scott and his knowledge of hockey. However I’d venture that he does know finances. If Brian Roberts sees less than predicted profit from one of his corporate arms, he’s going to call and want to know why. I wouldn’t want to be on the other end of Roberts’ call.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad