GDT: #20 // Coyotes @ Stars // 20 Nov 630pm AZ Time // FSA

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
We've become a depressingly soft, non-physical team to watch the last 2 years.

Pretty much the only 2 guys laying the lumber consistently are Doaner and Vitale. Granted, Murphy and Stone are improving in that area so that bodes well for our blueline, but they're still a far cry from Oaky, Klesla, and Morris (when he was in Jekyll mode).

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Tyson nash is the ultimate jinx. that guy is an absolute idiot

Honestly though Smith is just atrocious. This guy is a sad excuse for a starting goalie. I feel like Tippett felt obligated to go away from Dubynk because our pathetic overpaid goalie was getting antsy riding the pine, but he deserves to be sitting right now. Dubnyk is 4-0-1 so far this year, are you kidding me Tip? Ride this dude right now. There is no reason Smith should be in the net

#FreeDubnyk indeed

It feels necessary to say that we had a bit of rough puck luck there with Yandle hitting the post but we didnt deserve to win that game. Dallas dominated the 2nd and it was a matter of time. What were they 0-5-2 at home before they played us? Good god we are going to single handedly get them back on track

Good! One less team to take McJesus away

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Pretty much the only 2 guys laying the lumber consistently are Doaner and Vitale. Granted, Murphy and Stone are improving in that area so that bodes well for our blueline, but they're still a far cry from Oaky, Klesla, and Morris (when he was in Jekyll mode).

Indeed. I wonder how long it's actually going to take us to become a competitive team again.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Once again Tyson Nash talks crap about Dallas the whole game when he should be ripping on our team.

Is it a coincidence that when chipchura, schlemko, and Klink are playing we lose. You could see it on chips face that he knows he's getting scratched next game.

Unless Hanzal is back, I doubt this

Lyotes

Aug 8, 2012
Arizona
If it wasn't for the freebe that lenhton gave to korpi (which will probably be his only goal all season) we wouldn't of even gotten on the board. Our forwards have to be the least skilled on the ice. And why can't our defenseman hit the damn net. Or at least shoot for a deflection. Not just fire high and wide the whole damn game. Maybe mickalec needs glasses.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
That was hard to watch. There have been a good amount of loses that were at least exciting. That was not one of them.

I believe I said this week was a good test and that if they came out with 5-6 points out of the four games they could still be in the hunt. Got one. Need 4 more against the Ducks and Sharks. Godspeed Yotes.

Lyotes

Aug 8, 2012
Arizona
Tippet says its a bad face off assignment. Bull crap you have a whole team that is hockey illiterate and wouldn't be able to read that assignment.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
connor-mcdavid.gif

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south
Korpi definitely fits with that above description of the least skilled forward group on the ice, i mean he has not been able to even hit the net all season until this gift goal from lehtonen.

I'd rather see Lessio on the ice than a lot of these guys (klink, chip, etc), not sure if he was scratched tonight or what

Gormley also had a really nice couple of games and it was sad to see him go down with what was kind of a scary injury, i hope he is back soon. i know he had been getting over an injury from the offseason and he needs some time ahead of the god-awful Schlemko

Rieder has been in my eyes the BEST forward for us lately. Maybe other than Hanzal who is just a beast. But it's pretty bad when your best forward is someone that no one has heard of

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
As a fan of this franchise since before a lot of you were born let me assure you the chances of getting McDavid are far less than the actual lottery odds would have you believe.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Somebody should tweet someone an ask what our record is with and without Hanzal in the line-up over the last few year.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
As a fan of this franchise since before a lot of you were born let me assure you the chances of getting McDavid are far less than the actual lottery odds would have you believe.

Out of curiosity, how long have you been a masochist fan of the Coyotes/Jets?

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Korpi definitely fits with that above description of the least skilled forward group on the ice, i mean he has not been able to even hit the net all season until this gift goal from lehtonen.

I'd rather see Lessio on the ice than a lot of these guys (klink, chip, etc), not sure if he was scratched tonight or what

Gormley also had a really nice couple of games and it was sad to see him go down with what was kind of a scary injury, i hope he is back soon. i know he had been getting over an injury from the offseason and he needs some time ahead of the god-awful Schlemko

Rieder has been in my eyes the BEST forward for us lately. Maybe other than Hanzal who is just a beast. But it's pretty bad when your best forward is someone that no one has heard of

Korpi also had a PP goal in the 6-1 drubbing the Blues laid on us last month.

Rieder (+5) and Klinkhammer (+3) are the only two players we have on the positive side of the +/- stat. Hanzal and Gormley are even at 0.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Might as well sell off assets now and get prospects or draft picks and avoid the deadline rush.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
OK, so McDavid has proven he's good enough to score against the EDM defense ...

Frustrating but not surprising tonight. Giving up a goal 20 seconds into the third is just ... ugh. I can't decide whether we need offense or a really mean, alpha defender worse. We need both.

Any chance we can revive the corpse of Derian Hatcher before heading back to the airport in Dallas?

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
OK, so McDavid has proven he's good enough to score against the EDM defense ...

Frustrating but not surprising tonight. Giving up a goal 20 seconds into the third is just ... ugh. I can't decide whether we need offense or a really mean, alpha defender worse. We need both.

Any chance we can revive the corpse of Derian Hatcher before heading back to the airport in Dallas?

After he shattered JR's jaw in 1999, which kept JR out of the whole Blues series until game 7 where we lost 1-0 in overtime, in heartbreaking fashion, which then helped push us towards the "rebuild" we had the displeasure of witnessing for pretty much the entire first decade of this century, I've decided I'm going to make a rule someday that if my future kids mention that name in my house, they're going to get grounded. :laugh:

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Left shortly after the Korpi goal, which was a laughable softie from Lehtonen. How bad of a loss was it? I see two goals in roughly thirty seconds.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Left shortly after the Korpi goal, which was a laughable softie from Lehtonen. How bad of a loss was it? I see two goals in roughly thirty seconds.

First goal, a Stars player scored in the slot with traffic around the net, immediately after a face-off win. Their second was a virtually unstoppable deflection, and the third one Smith should have had.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
A quarter of the way through the season, your Coyotes have the 8th worst record in the league. The 6th worst offense to go with the 8th worst defense. The Coyotes are also the 4th worst team at even strength.

This, all with a mostly healthy roster. Anyone still holding out hope?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad