GDT: #20 – Sharks at Sabres – Tue Nov 18, 7:30PM ET – NBCSN – WGR

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
B2xcHGFIUAAsTfT.jpg

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
I'm impressed by how we shut down this game. This did not look like a stressed, shattered team. If we hold it together mentally even through losing streaks, this will work out great for the future.

Last edited:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I`m a Ducks fan first but i was very very pleased to see Nolan with the Latvian pin on his jacket.
Irbe`s ''debut'' and winning the Sharks made that night even more special. Thanks.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
Does anyone have any video of the Mitchell breakaway? I dont recall NBCSN ever showing a replay :rant:

Sorry, can't help you with video. But I saw some replays and I have to say that the refs probably made the right call. It's hard to tell, even on the replays, but it looked like Marleau hooked Mitchell's stick rather than his arms and that caused him to lose his balance. For all the bashing refs get, and deservedly so, I think this was a good call. They didn't see a hook and therefor didn't call one, rather than just assuming. Too bad it had to happen to us. ;)

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Sorry, can't help you with video. But I saw some replays and I have to say that the refs probably made the right call. It's hard to tell, even on the replays, but it looked like Marleau hooked Mitchell's stick rather than his arms and that caused him to lose his balance. For all the bashing refs get, and deservedly so, I think this was a good call. They didn't see a hook and therefor didn't call one, rather than just assuming. Too bad it had to happen to us. ;)

...this doesn't add up.

You can't hook a player's stick. Mitchell wasn't tripped, but his ability to get a shot on goal off was absolutely impeded by the hook. This wasn't a lift, it was a hook near the hands, if I remember correctly.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
...this doesn't add up.

You can't hook a player's stick. Mitchell wasn't tripped, but his ability to get a shot on goal off was absolutely impeded by the hook. This wasn't a lift, it was a hook near the hands, if I remember correctly.

Aren't you allowed to lift/lock/hook an opponents stick? I have to admit, I'm not clear on the rule.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad