Confirmed with Link: 2 year deal for Calvin Pickard

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Depth move, so no big deal, although it does make me wonder if someone is perhaps interested in either Howard or Bernier.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
we need a 3rd Goalie, like Sateri was this past year... Sateri is gone and Rybar likely gone... No way in h*** is Larsson our #3 Goalie right now... It is a very good cheap move

I think the point about Larsson (and to a lesser degree, Fulcher as well) is the main thing with this signing. They need someone that can:

-Help the Griffins win games, likely in a 1A/1B with Larsson
-Mentor Larsson (and Fulcher)
-Be the guy to ride the pine at the NHL level if Howard/Bernier get hurt, so Larsson doesn't have to

Pickard can do all those things.

The challenging Bernier thing is puzzling though. I'm guessing that's just something insiders came up with because Pickards deal is likely 1-way and for 2 years. But that's probably just to keep teams from claiming him on waivers.

Reactions: Oddbob

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
not sure I understand taking the cap hit when we already have two goalies. Unless it's a two-way contract. If its a one-way contract and one of the other goalies is not being moved not sure I get it.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Unless everyone is continuing the joke and it's going over MY head.... the 6.5 million was a joke guys. We are not paying an AHL goalie that much.

And you sign him when you already have 2 goalies...to the AHL team...that needs goalies.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Kinda hard to pick up any AHL talent after drafting Cossa. Cossa is gonna start in AHL 22/23 season so it's basically a one year stop gap.

Stevie did what he had to do. No issues here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad