Confirmed with Link: 2 year deal for Calvin Pickard

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Back when I was playing NHL 11, Pickard was THE choice goalie prospect to trade for and become the Wings franchise goalie.

So obviously this is a sign of things to come.
2012 Bench, what is the next move you’d make

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
No complaints from me... Probably a two way contract... Need someone to play along side Larsson since it seems like Rybar won’t be back

Solid

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Why? Howard likely won't be moved til near the TDL. Bernier being bought out/waived/traded? Who would trade for Bernier? This has to be a precursor to another move.

Well Howard probably won't play a full season because of injuries and is likely moved at TDL so will need a back up for Bernier.

Guessing that Pickard will see alot of AHL time.

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
Is Rybar going to Europe? I know we qualified him, but that's the only way I really understand this move. I was expecting a Rybar/Larsson tandem.

I think it was Khan this week that said Rybar is likely done here.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Is Rybar going to Europe? I know we qualified him, but that's the only way I really understand this move. I was expecting a Rybar/Larsson tandem.
From Ansar's latest article:

"The Red Wings also are in the market for an experienced goaltender to split the net with prospect Filip Larsson in Grand Rapids. They made a qualifying offer to Patrik Rybar but don’t expect him to return."

Seems like he would head back overseas

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Solid depth move. With Larsson and Fulcher in GR - both being 20 - there wasn't a lot of experience there. He did start 50 games with the Avs when they had that abysmal season of 22 wins and 48 points and was pretty respectable on a horrible team. He won vs Detroit that year, it was the game where Athanasiou scored a gorgeous breakaway goal.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I sort of prefer Rybar, I hope he is getting a front-line KHL gig then, because frankly I think he has better tools than Pickard. I mean we are basically signing him to that level, but Pickard wasn't even all that impressive to me in the AHL, one of those guys that you kind of wonder how he escaped that level for me.

Electric Eric

#91 To the Rafters!
Feb 10, 2014
Portland -> Netherlands
Someone on the main trade board mentioned its probably a one way contract that they can completely bury if he gets sent down to GR. Kind of a win win if you think about it. Better goalie out of training camp starts with Wings, other is sent down to mentor/challenge I'm assuming Larsson. Yet they also get to keep their full paychecks.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Why did we need to make this move before July 1st if he is an ahl option? What's the point in this signing??

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Back when I was playing NHL 11, Pickard was THE choice goalie prospect to trade for and become the Wings franchise goalie.

So obviously this is a sign of things to come.

Still waiting for Jan Mursak to become a 90 Overall RW for us ... any day now....

Reactions: abparry87

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad