Confirmed with Link: 2 year deal ($1.075 million AAV): Kyle Clifford

I Am Ziggy Palffy

Sep 9, 2003
Seems like Carcillo is just insurance. The guy can't really be counted on to play 82 games, but would be a great spark plug, esp if Nolan doesn't develop.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
THAT MEAN'S WE'RE TRADING A FORWARD!!!!!111111ONE.

****. I haven't read this thread but I really hope there isn't one person who thinks signing Clifford means that. We have 14 forwards, the amount most teams carry, and 9 d. We have to cut one D and the end will come down to who forces their way on to the team over the others to be the 21st player.

Also, I'm glad Clifford is back. But I want him on the 4th line and no higher.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Carcillo is our answer to Brad Richardson and Kevin Westgarth. Both those guys sat most or all of the playoff run. Kings didn't have extra toughness last year, just Toffoli and Richardson and spares...

Trading for Carcillo, who is coming off a few injury ridden seasons and has a 1 year deal doesn't spell the end of Clifford.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Signing now official. $1.075M. What a ****ing DEAL. Holy. ****. I thought he wanted to get paid.

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
Not to toot my own horn but ...

07-23-2013

... I'd like to see the Kings move Fraser and sign Clifford to a one-year, 1.1M contract.

cnshockey
:laugh:

Clifford for $1.1M would have been done by now. He clearly wants more than that.

Don't mind the term. :)

I Am Ziggy Palffy

Sep 9, 2003
Clifford looks like the type who puts in his work in the offseason and shows up to camp w/ lots of improvement in his game. Wouldn't be surprised if that's the case this year. Just hoping he works on his balance, which always seems a bit off.

KingKopitar11*

Been a while since Lolbardi didn't overpay, not even a little. Great contract. Hopefully lolbardi can get rid of the dead weight now.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Lolbardi? Oh, you're trying to be funny.

facepalm.jpg

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Not to toot my own horn but ...

07-23-2013

cnshockey

Don't mind the term. :)

I admit I was SO wrong. I don't get what the holdup was. If that's all he was asking for or even around that number, I thought it'd have been done sooner.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can

I admit I was SO wrong. I don't get what the holdup was. If that's all he was asking for or even around that number, I thought it'd have been done sooner.

I think it was the second year and Dean planning out how to get under the cap plus im sure there were offers on clifford to handle but wow im putting this on the calender your admitting your wrong (joking) :yo:

KingKopitar11*

Right?

Overpay? WTF? Who?

Lol relax. I was kidding around with the Lolbardi bit, just remembered the nicknames when we wanted him fired.

He didn't over pay anyone, well maybe just a little ;)

goosh

Nov 25, 2010

Haha. I gotta admit, I'm a little perplexed by this too. Nonetheless, a great deal for both sides.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad