Confirmed with Link: 2 year deal ($1.075 million AAV): Kyle Clifford

Captain Mittens*

tumblr_m04w5wKIkW1qabfx1o1_400.gif

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
The Kings can be over the cap till about late September If I am correct.

Gives them a chance to see how Camp goes with all the competition and Bodies.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Now we just have to wait and see who's gonna be packing there bags or moving down to Manchester.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
None of the roster moves should happen till after training camp.

Make these guys earn those Spots.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Sign and trade :sarcasm:

We'll just have to see how it goes in camp. Obviously Dean is going to be working the phones, if a deal comes around that is desirable then there are a lot of players that could be moved.

The cap doesn't really matter at the moment because we have to shed two players to meet the roster limit anyways, and when we do we will be compliant. I still think we are moving one defenseman and one forward. Either way, two people have to go.

Last edited:

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Nice. Camp should be good this year with so much competition for the bottom forward and defense spots....

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
It's got to be Fraser who goes, right?... Right?

If you take Jack Ferreira's comments in June when he said Vey 'would make the club next year' and/or the number of good prospects that will be competing in camp, then I think Fraser is expendable. It might be they want to put Vey on the 4th line to get him ready to take over for Stoll eventually.

IF Clifford's contract is say around 1.1, that ,makes the Kings about 1.2 over with too many D.
I'd say some combination of a forward and D will be moved, but that depends on how DL wants to go. He might want more wiggle room than that.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Camp is going to be great with all the competition.

Yeah, I think it will and a lot of players at the right age and AHL expercience to make tracks.
A competitive camp is a good thing and will showcase which players are the closest to making the club, also puts some pressure on the bottom 6 players who might find themselves fighting for a job. And depending on how camp goes, make it easier to DL to trade down under the CAP.

KingKopitar11*

Actaully I'd keep fraser. Have a big bruising 4th. Sign a big time enforcer that can play. Waive carcillo.

If you want a bruiser why keep Fraser? Trevor Lewis had more hits than Fraser did last season.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Actaully I'd keep fraser. Have a big bruising 4th. Sign a big time enforcer that can play. Waive carcillo.

Fraser is not big and the only bruises associated with him are on his face and the opposing player's knuckles.

Carcillo was not brought in to be waived. A 4th line with Lewis centering and Clifford/Nolan on the wings is bigger than one with Fraser on it. As for a big-time enforcer who can play...who are you thinking about? There aren't many bottom line players out there who can fight like Clifford and Nolan can while actually playing the game of hockey.

I'm fine with keeping Fraser on the team, but it should be in the press box.

I think the wild card here at forward is Stoll. Nobody is really talking about it but he might be in the same situation as Mitchell...will he or won't he play?

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
He is only the 14 forward which is a normal roster of forwards. It's D where we will be trading or moving down, hoping for them to clear wavers.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Love this quote

As for the money, well, Clifford probably said it best – “Whatever it ends up being, it’s going to be good money; better than shoveling **** for $10-an-hour, like I used to do when I was a teenager.â€

And those trade rumors?

“You can’t invest too much time into those things and start stressing yourself out. I really took it with a grain of salt. I’m set on being a King. I love our team, I love our core group and I think we’re going to win more Stanley Cups.â€

http://mayorsmanor.com/2013/08/clifford-leaves-shovel-and-trade-rumors-behind-returning-to-kings/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad