Speculation: 2-way top 6 C to the Rangers

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
What players are available/available for the right price?

Larkin?
Horvat?

Someone under 28, preferably 22-27 years of age. Left handed, good on faceoffs. I wouldn't mind some physicality.

Very few players are off limits on the Rangers.

Edit: Horvat and Larkin are probably really expensive, i just used them as examples! But I'd love to have one of them on the Rangers. What are we talking there?

Last edited:

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
Horvat isn’t even close to available. The identity shakeup of the young core losing its captain would be 100x worse than any return he could possibly get. Not a chance.

Also, is this really “speculation?” Seems like a “proposal” or “value of” more than anything.

Reactions: bernmeister

Bondra slapshot

Jul 21, 2009
Honestly, the thinking here is a lot better already. Stay away from Eichel. Far better ideas out there for the Rangers than Jack. I'd think the only untouchable for the Rangers would be Fox when it comes to finding a good, young center.

Reactions: bernmeister

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Probably too expensive, we already overpaid Goodrow.

Also It'd be nice with a real 2nd liner.
If Danault is too expensive, I'm not sure who would be a realistic option for us. I don't really want Danault in that position, but any under 28 year old real 2C, good on Faceoffs and brings some grit will probably be in that too expensive range for us.

Before we make a serious push for a #2, we need to first find out the following.
1. Can Chtyil take that #2 spot if given a real shot?
2. Will Zibanejad be moving on or will our organization re-sign him.

If the answer is question 1 is Yes, and Zibanejad prices himself out, we now need a real #1 instead of a 2-way 2C.

Reactions: Stewie Griffin

Quinnisinoverhishead

Oct 4, 2014
Rangers fans wanting Larkin is quite comical. First off, he only has two years left of control. Secondly, Yzerman owns New York and I don't trust Drury negotiating with Stevie Y. Third of all, Chytil put up similar numbers to Larkin with 4mins/game less ice time and no power play time. Chytil has improved every season, Larkin has regressed the previous two. Trust the process and stay away from Stevie Y!

48MPHSlapShot

Nov 3, 2018
From a Canucks perspective Horvat is very much so not available. I imagine the same is true of Larkin.

I think a more realistic scenario would be trading for or signing an older stopgap and developing your own pick to fill the void.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
If Danault is too expensive, I'm not sure who would be a realistic option for us. I don't really want Danault in that position, but any under 28 year old real 2C, good on Faceoffs and brings some grit will probably be in that too expensive range for us.

Before we make a serious push for a #2, we need to first find out the following.
1. Can Chtyil take that #2 spot if given a real shot?
2. Will Zibanejad be moving on or will our organization re-sign him.

If the answer is question 1 is Yes, and Zibanejad prices himself out, we now need a real #1 instead of a 2-way 2C.
Danault is likely too expensive long term but I could see a 1 yr only overpay stopgap, 7.25 FOR 1 YR ONLY.
Danny boy may go for that.

Kopitar is your man. There isn't a more elite 2 way center.

Kakko + 1st will do the trick

We are not being swindled of futures for an aging star.
And you have the nerve to complain about NYR offering Buch for 8OA.
get real

Cody Eakin for Strome + 2nd. Maybe NYR add a little to close the gap in value
beyond horrible.
Eakin = ass.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
As a Pens fan, I hope you don’t sign Danault.

You guys start playing a tighter defensive game with your weapons up front, the division is there for the taking.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad