Post-Game Talk: #2 - Rangers @ CBJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
Should've been 2 minutes for interference. It's unfortunate a player was hurt. Anyone who watched the game knew they were letting a lot of late hits go.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
He totaled Wennberg.

And it really wasn't really that late either, if you count the time from when he moved the puck. Wennberg was admiring his pass, should been more alert.

Love it. Hope Kreider continues to assert himself like he has been.

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
And it really wasn't really that late either, if you count the time from when he moved the puck. Wennberg was admiring his pass, should been more alert.

Love it. Hope Kreider continues to assert himself like he has been.

Wennberg's teammates were hitting high and hard. He was admiring his pass and Kreider took the opportunity to destroy him. If you play that style, your opponent will make the most of their chances to punish you in return. I wouldn't be surprised to see another season of injuries for the BJs.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
Wennberg's teammates were hitting high and hard. He was admiring his pass and Kreider took the opportunity to destroy him. If you play that style, your opponent will make the most of their chances to punish you in return. I wouldn't be surprised to see another season of injuries for the BJs.
Exactly! You reap what you sow.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
That thread is people just *****ing about Kreider without realizing Cbus was doing just as much stupid **** before that.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
There's something like .8 of a second between when a player passes the puck and is fair game to be hit. The hit by Kreider was probably pretty close. If you show it slowed down it obviously looks like it was way after but at regular speed it looked close. If it was a little late---at most it would be a two minute infraction. It wasn't in any way a head shot or blind side hit and Wennberg should have seen it coming.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Goals are rare events and cannot indicate the flow of the game accurately. Corsi gives us an insight to talk about the flow of the game to better discern what the team is doing well and not doing so well.

Yeah we scored more goals tonight and we won. That's a basic fact and not conducive to much discussion.

REALLY, you really typed that up and posted it?

scoring more goals is not conducive to much discussion?

WOW

BarbaraAlphanse

Staal played better than in his first game. Then tailed off in the 3rd.

Boyle was not good. Not surprised. He regressed for a good 2 months at the end of last year. He pulled a rabbit out of his hat for the TB series, I guess. I'd sit him tonight. Klein has really surprised me after that putrid preseason. But the more I think about it... Maybe it was his pairing mates. McDonagh has not been good. But he has shown some bits of his former self. Girardi has been steady with several lapses. Nothing spectacular, but the brain farts still exist.

Nash has not been good. I have been trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. As I've been saying... Break up that line. Zucc was awesome last night... But I cringe any time he gets boarded. Beass has been rocky, but to be expected after the surgery. I've really enjoyed the other 3 lines. Miller and Lindberg have been pretty good together. I'd like to see Stalberg with Zucc and brass. He reminds me of Poo.

And Hank has started the year off great. I think he is taking this season more seriously than any other year and is going to come in every game with an intensity he hasn't shown before... Consistently.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
The GDT is coming.

NHL.com is messed up. They still haven't updated team stats nor player stats. What is this garbage?

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Yeah, I noticed. It's a lot clunkier too. I miss the old layout.

The GDT will be missing "hits", "blocks" and "TOI" stats until it's updated.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Best part is, we get to find out with Talbot.

I'm guessing he'll have a better GAA with us than he will with EDM.

But, time will tell.

If it's worse though I'm sure other factors will be in play.

Like the weather in EDM :shakehead

Talbot's been great for them, but that d-zone structure in front of him needs a lot of work.

No goalie is going to stop one high quality scoring chance after another. In a couple of games Talbot's stared down his defensemen like Hank after a bad giveaway and a goal.

Some of the stuff's pretty bad, like a floater up the middle into the slot for a one timer against. Or a bad cross ice feed when all of the guys are going up the ice.

EDM is much better than the last two years but they still aren't there yet.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Not a win to be real proud of. Feel that way about both wins. But a win is a win.

Bobrovsky gave us that game. Major choke job.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Feel like this team never makes it look pretty; they just get it done.

That's the magic with this team.

3 ways of playing the game.

1. Dominating, making it pretty and demolishing opponents.

2. Getting the job done.

3. Not getting the job done.

That's Rangers' hockey.

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York
I was just looking at the game thread this morning and I thought some of the posts were harsh. We didn't play that well at all but I thought for a road game against a very physical team we did a good job in dealing with it. Columbus really didn't have that many solid chances and we did well to prevent garbage chance creation in front of the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad