Proposal: 2 Proposal's PHI-TBL & OTT-PHI

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Really? Compare Mason and Bishop?

GAA Sv%
Mason Career Playoffs 3.37 .895

Bishop Career Playoffs 2.09 .927

I believe Bishop is a better goalie, not contesting that. Your comparison is unfair though. He's played 8 play-off games since 2008/09 and was superb in one of them and a little porous in the other. You're including a play-off run as an underachieving 19 year old.

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
My apologies to the fans of Ottawa...

I would counter and change the original PHI-OTT proposal, but like I said originally I don't usually do proposals, this is a prime reason why I don't do proposals, because I admit I'm not very good at them, and from what I've read the Ottawa fans are especially upset with my original proposal.

After I made the proposal I was going over the stats from last season in regards to the goalie's Mason and Anderson and from what I've read Mason's and Anderson's numbers aren't that far apart.

I made the PHI-OTT proposal, and at first I was asking myself what is Mason's value, what could he return just by his self on the market. With the number's that Mason had he should be able to return a 1st on his own, but would any team be willing to give the Flyers a 1st for Mason, I'm not so sure any team would do that.
Secondly what would Anderson's worth be on the market could be return a 1st on his own, and the answer I came up with was no for Anderson, no disrespect.
I was trying to compensate and figure what Anderson's return should be at his age, and the value of his contract for 2 more seasons and what I came up with was Schultz and VandeVelde and a 4th, which now that I think of is pretty bad.
For Anderson and Paul jeez what was I thinking...
I don't even know why I added Paul I guess I just liked how big the guy is and he's also a young player that has upside and would be a big help on the PK, but I'm not sure what player Paul compares too though.

I was also counting the salary that was going Ottawa's way and knowing that Ottawa's a budget team I did not want to overload Ottawa with salary, that's another reason why I added Anderson to the deal and retained on Schultz, I also was thinking that Ottawa wouldn't carry 3 goalies into the season.

Now that I think of it though my OP was one sided and short sighted and it also heavily favored Philadelphia, if I was going to make a decent proposal I should have gave it a little more thought and time.
I shouldn't have added Anderson to that deal, and with the PK problems the Flyers had in the playoffs last season, I shouldn't have Schultz or VandeVelde in the deal either because they are two of the players that play on the PK and if that's a need for the flyers then why would they give them up.

Anyhow I'd like to say Sorry for wasting everyone's time for even reading this proposal and If the mods feel like deleting or locking this thread I wouldn't mind one bit.

A man willing to fall on his sword? You just earned my respect.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
It's ok guys we got it. Mason is better than Anderson (I agreed with that before all the demonstration being done here) but the point is that this trade wouldn't go through. Ottawa isn't going to give up Nick Paul (very good prospect) and a 1st (always very valuable for a budget team like Ottawa) just to upgrade on Craig Anderson, who is very solid on his own.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It's ok guys we got it.

You guys mostly seem to, yeah. The bulk of our objection is with posters who reject all statistical evidence, and go "lol Columbus, lol derp goal hurr durr" every time we point out that Mason isn't that same goalie anymore.

Ottawa certainly shouldn't pay as much as they'd be paying in OP's deal, as he's pointed out, but Philly's perfectly comfortable rolling with Mason and Neuvirth. It's just annoying that a fairly sizable segment of posters refuse to listen to us when we tell them that.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
You guys mostly seem to, yeah. The bulk of our objection is with posters who reject all statistical evidence, and go "lol Columbus, lol derp goal hurr durr" every time we point out that Mason isn't that same goalie anymore.

Ottawa certainly shouldn't pay as much as they'd be paying in OP's deal, as he's pointed out, but Philly's perfectly comfortable rolling with Mason and Neuvirth. It's just annoying that a fairly sizable segment of posters refuse to listen to us when we tell them that.

I've learned to live with it at this point. The Flyers could have prime Sawchuk backing up prime Hasek and you'd still get two "FLIERS NEED A GOALIE RITE?" threads every month.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
It's ok guys we got it. Mason is better than Anderson (I agreed with that before all the demonstration being done here) but the point is that this trade wouldn't go through. Ottawa isn't going to give up Nick Paul (very good prospect) and a 1st (always very valuable for a budget team like Ottawa) just to upgrade on Craig Anderson, who is very solid on his own.

Oh definitely, I don't think anyone can deny that it is a poor trade from Ottawa's point of view. I don't think anyone even mentioned that you would be trading for a goalie that would be a free agent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad