Post-Game Talk: #2| New Jersey at FLYERS |Thu., Oct. 9, 2014|

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Again half the game missed by forwards and then needed a PP goal to get going. G,Simmer,Voracek should be off the table and all of the D and B.Schenn all traded to get speed,skill,size, into this boring dead lineup. Thanks Homer!

Not even 24 hours ago you wanted G traded for Johansen.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Not even 24 hours ago you wanted G traded for Johansen.
It was a question and if he can't start playing in his own end better and playing intense hockey then he could go to. This team outside of the three I mentioned are *** terrible too watch including Coots if all he can do is just check. Flat and slow until the PP goal as per the norm with this team.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It was a question and if he can't start playing in his own end better and playing intense hockey then he could go to. This team outside of the three I mentioned are *** terrible too watch including Coots if all he can do is just check. Flat and slow until the PP goal as per the norm with this team.

What?

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia

G is fine in his own end. He's also been getting better every year in that regard.

And as far as Couts, he's only 21, and he looked downright dominant against Boston. He also had himself a nice scoring chance or two last night.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
I can't stand boring slow players like Coots even tho he has improved and the Schenn who do nothing most nights and boring role players like Read who like last night do nothing but collect a check. The whole D sucks and our leaders never play full games either. Where was G for the first half of the game compared to the last half along with the rest not including the 4th line which kick started the game with great work ethic. Boring ass slow garbage forwards with a slow boring D is what we have right now. Stop being homers and watch games without orange colored glasses on.

Jumping

Jun 17, 2010
Atlanta Ga
I can't stand boring slow players like Coots even tho he has improved and the Schenn who do nothing most nights and boring role players like Read who like last night do nothing but collect a check. The whole D sucks and our leaders never play full games either. Where was G for the first half of the game compared to the last half along with the rest not including the 4th line which kick started the game with great work ethic. Boring ass slow garbage forwards with a slow boring D is what we have right now. Stop being homers and watch games without orange colored glasses on.

New in town, eh?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
No not at all but this is the worst looking team ever in Philly and they don't even play a tough forechecking game but I'm sure Hexy will get us back on track.

Already forgotten the 06-07 season, I guess. Hell, it seems you forgot the start of last season too.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
i can't stand boring slow players like coots even tho he has improved and the schenn who do nothing most nights and boring role players like read who like last night do nothing but collect a check. The whole d sucks and our leaders never play full games either. Where was g for the first half of the game compared to the last half along with the rest not including the 4th line which kick started the game with great work ethic. Boring ass slow garbage forwards with a slow boring d is what we have right now. Stop being homers and watch games without orange colored glasses on.

WHISKEY
TANGO
FOXTROT
a

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Ah the art of trolling. Pretend you are just enough of a fan to get away with it.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
So what? This isn't a shootout free world.

It's still relevant though. Hockey is a team sport. When team sports aren't ended by team plays, then they aren't a reflection on the quality of the team.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Go away forever.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

This entire comment.
L24cy.gif

Grare

Registered Factor
Nov 15, 2013
Teams are able to implement the "trap" because the Flyers don't have a legitimate threat to skate the puck up the ice.

When Grossman (for Ex.) has the puck, teams know he's not going to be able to skate it up the ice, nobody pressures him and plays all the passing lanes. This leaves 5 skaters to the Flyers 4. Grossman's outlet pass is immediately covered, which results in a dump-in (Our players are to slow to receive, or goalie stops puck,) or it's thrown across the ice.

The play where MDZ skated the puck up the ice himself & lead to Bellmare ringing it off the crossbar is something we can't consistently count on. Really makes me excited to see Ghosts development, as he can skate the puck up the ice and make plays by himself if teams don't pressure him, or make an outlet pass if they do.

Another thing I don't understand (which dates back to last year as well) Why is Grossman always out for OZD with our top line? This makes no sense, and after excellent cycling, puck retrieval & scoring chances... it all stops from a play Grossman messes up.

Lastly, I don't see Schenn as a fit on the top line. He isn't a very fast skater and doesn't create any turnovers once so ever. When he is the first Flyer going for the puck on the dump-in, he always leaves the passing lane open and goes for the check (which is fine every once in awhile, but would be great if he kept his stick down and tipped some passes)

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Pronger still counts because, if he was healthy, he would still be the best defenseman on the Flyers.

He's 40 and hasn't played a game since 11-12. Saying "he'd be the best" with that much certainty is silly even if it might be true.

The point is he hasn't played a game since 11-12 and we've known pretty much the whole time that his career is done. Don't see how he factors in anymore. Plenty of time to accept and deal with it. Several years worth in fact.

You were bemoaning the loss of Coburn and how important he is. The impact of a Coburn injury is significantly less if the Flyers had a healthy Pronger and a healthy Timonen.

And the sky is blue and water is wet. Still not sure what it has to do with what I said.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Teams are able to implement the "trap" because the Flyers don't have a legitimate threat to skate the puck up the ice.

When Grossman (for Ex.) has the puck, teams know he's not going to be able to skate it up the ice, nobody pressures him and plays all the passing lanes. This leaves 5 skaters to the Flyers 4. Grossman's outlet pass is immediately covered, which results in a dump-in (Our players are to slow to receive, or goalie stops puck,) or it's thrown across the ice.

The play where MDZ skated the puck up the ice himself & lead to Bellmare ringing it off the crossbar is something we can't consistently count on. Really makes me excited to see Ghosts development, as he can skate the puck up the ice and make plays by himself if teams don't pressure him, or make an outlet pass if they do.

Another thing I don't understand (which dates back to last year as well) Why is Grossman always out for OZD with our top line? This makes no sense, and after excellent cycling, puck retrieval & scoring chances... it all stops from a play Grossman messes up.

Lastly, I don't see Schenn as a fit on the top line. He isn't a very fast skater and doesn't create any turnovers once so ever. When he is the first Flyer going for the puck on the dump-in, he always leaves the passing lane open and goes for the check (which is fine every once in awhile, but would be great if he kept his stick down and tipped some passes)

I think Schenn needs more of a try-out than 1 1/2 games though before we can write that experiment off. If he can produce as a 2nd line LW with Lecavalier, he can do the same with Giroux. I think he, along with Raffl, have been our two worst forwards so far, but 2 games is meaningless.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Do I have to agree with all of you on this board? I don't like this team do to lack of speed,size,skill and most of all ****in work ethic that was missed till it was 3-0 last nite. We all have our thoughts on what we like as a team and this isn't it for me but I will watch to see what hexy does at the end of this year to make this team more fun to watch. Guys don't have to be so ignorant because I don't like this team or agree with you guys on Coots or Schenn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad