GDT: #2| New Jersey at FLYERS |Thu., Oct. 9, 2014| 7:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
Berube needs to be more patient, or he'll never be a good head coach at the NHL level

The funny thing is last season it was that he wasn't willing to change, now he is changing (back) too quick. I think the only common thing is he keeps trying these failed combinations, like Raffl on the top line and the Schenn-Vinny-Simmonds line. He isn't willing to give any new combinations a try, pulling Schenn off the top line in 2nd game of the season is a joke.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
The two things that piss me off most with him:

He has very little patience with some players and infinite with others.

He is overly obsessed with line matching... I agree with line matching, it can be a big positive, but it is not a positive when you are ****ing with zone starts and ice time to get matchups.

His constant line shuffling is infuriating. Almost as much as his insistence on playing the 4th line as much as possible, like giving them offensive zone draws.

Not to mention keeping Rinaldo and putting him in every position imaginable.

And as I type this Grossmann (another of Berube's pets) takes another penalty. Great.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
Lots of complaining about Schenn, but our 2 best offensive forwards are both -3.

Lets not forget that two of those goals are a direct result of Vinny being terrible in the defensive zone. And Vinny will get praise because he looked good in the offensive zone even though he has been bad in his own zone. Not making excuses for Schenn because he needs to be better but it does't help when you have a center that is absolutely incompetent in his own zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad