2 More Goals For Ruutu!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
Another two goal game for Ruutu tonight including the game winner. He is now at 17-19-36. He climbs into 4th in rookie goal scoring and is tied for fourth in rookie points.

Pretty amazing considering he only had I think 5 points after 34 games. He is definitely working his way into consideration as one of the three forwards on the all rookie team. He is too far behind the leaders to be considered for the Norris unless he absolutely catches fire.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/statistics?stat=nhlscoring&season=2004&seasontype=2&pos=r

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
Behn Wilson said:
Another two goal game for Ruutu tonight including the game winner. He is now at 17-19-36. He climbs into 4th in rookie goal scoring and is tied for fourth in rookie points.

Pretty amazing considering he only had I think 5 points after 34 games. He is definitely working his way into consideration as one of the three forwards on the all rookie team. He is too far behind the leaders to be considered for the Norris unless he absolutely catches fire.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/statistics?stat=nhlscoring&season=2004&seasontype=2&pos=r

Norris? :p

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
He was always going to be a big star...it was just comical watching everyone jump ship early this season. I really think he'll rival Pitkanen in terms of long-term stardom for this year's rookies. His strength is out-of-this-world for such a young kid, his offense is bubbling to the surface much more rapidly than most thought it would, and as he matures, he has the size and ability to dominate in all phases of the game. To me, you can't ask for any more from a franchise player. He really has it all.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
This kid is amazing. Hopefully if he keeps this up for the rest of the season he could sneak into the top three for the calder. Hell if he played the first half like he is playing the second half he could have been in the All Star game!

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Behn Wilson said:

um, you do realize the defense that he scored against, heh.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Well, Hawks fans might remember, I never counted this kid out. He's got enough talent to be another Peter Forsberg, and I geniuenly mean that.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Sigh, Ruutu is exactly the player that the Oilers need.. a big, two-way centerman that can eventually anchor the first line. Too bad he's probably one of the most untouchable players in the NHL right now.. :( The Hawks really have a keeper in Tuomo..

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
Behn Wilson said:

Congrats Tuomo...keep up the great work!!!

I swear this kid probably SHOULD get the Calder! I didnt know he was a defenseman, and to be a rookie in the running for the Norris?

Well no other calder candidate can match that as a forward now can they!! ;)

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Foppa said:
He was always going to be a big star...it was just comical watching everyone jump ship early this season. I really think he'll rival Pitkanen in terms of long-term stardom for this year's rookies. His strength is out-of-this-world for such a young kid, his offense is bubbling to the surface much more rapidly than most thought it would, and as he matures, he has the size and ability to dominate in all phases of the game. To me, you can't ask for any more from a franchise player. He really has it all.

Agree. It was quite funny how a month into the season, and getting fourth line duty that everyone wrote him off. Brian Sutter is an awful coach.

Dundalis

Dec 28, 2003
Mizral said:
Well, Hawks fans might remember, I never counted this kid out. He's got enough talent to be another Peter Forsberg, and I geniuenly mean that.
He's not that good offensively, inspite of how he's playing now. His hockey sense is a step below Forsbergs. That's still excellent though.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
I just don't see Forsberg's talent in him either.

Ruutu will be an excellent player and a fan favorite. He's one of mine for sure! I love how he plays but I don't see him being a 70 point player and I think his true utility to a solid team would be as a sort of versatile 2nd liner. A guy who can sometimes play on your first time, be in all sorts of situations, sometimes be on a shutdown line with grinders and of course, someone who who will land some mean hits.

Preds fans who post here and think Tootoo is an equal or superior player are having absurd homeristic hallucinations.

I just don't think he will achieve a really effective 1st liner status. He is still very, very skilled however, on top of playing hard. The key to Tuomo's career will be his resilience. Players a bit like him (Forsberg, Peca, etc.) have ups and downs with injuries. Tuomo plays way bigger than his size. I admire that. But it may affect him.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
ZeroTheHero said:
Now just imagine where his point totals would've been without nursing that knee injury...

Yeah I usually can agree with Vlad, but I think Tuomo WILL be a 70 point player, with 90+ upside. It is his first year, he played most of it injured and he is still close to scoring 50 points. On top of that he is one of the best open ice hitters in the league.

I could understand if Vlad meant he does not have 70 point potential because he might not play more than 60 games a year due to his style....but if he plays 80 games, he will be a 70+ in my opinion. He will only get better, and if his current ability is almost 1ppg.....

The Tootoo comment was right. But I cant even imagine anyone would think Tootoo is equal or even close. I have not seen nashville fans say that, but that one would send me rolling on the floor laughing.

islandermaniac

Feb 27, 2002
don't the hawks have to pay a ridiculous amount of money if he reaches 20 goals? i just remember something about a crazy series of bonus clauses in his contract. is this true/untrue?

Wally112pac

Dec 26, 2003
Canada
Visit site
The kids a stud.

If Forsbergs a 10 Ruutu will be a 9.5.

Wait til next season when he can put a full year in. Wouldn't be suprised to see him get 70 points.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Yah he's got some bonuses but I am not sure what they are. 20 goals would make sense...I wish they were 30 goals because he'll score at will to get there if the bonus was at teh end of the tunnell...\

Keep this kid on bonus clauses and he'll be a Top ten scorer in the league one day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad