Proposal: 2 draft day trades

rowf

Jan 25, 2014
Kelowna, BC, Canada
To Coyotes: Reinhart
To Sabres: 3rd overall (draft Hanafin)

Then,

To Avalanche: Bogosian, Grigorenko, 21st, and 31st overall and a conditional 2nd round pick in 2016 ( if O'Reilly resigns)
To Sabres: O'Reilly and 10th overall (draft BPA)

Trade away future #2C for Hanafin, for future top pairing d, trade away our #3D ( fill with Zads, Pysyk, or McCabe) for current #1C (later #2C when Eichel ready) and a potential top line forward.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
For the love of God...

The draft needs to be here....like now.

SabresFanNorthPortFL

Aug 9, 2007
North Port, FL
I mean, did you watch any of the U20 tourney last year?

Who was on the ice to seal the gold? Who took the faceoffs? Points? Defense? The kid has it all...

The kid has all the tools of #1 center, and he'll be our #2.....no way.

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
We should just trade Eichel, Reinhart, Bogo, Risto, Ennis, Moulson, Kane and Girgensons to whoever drafts Ilya Samsonov :sarcasm:

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
How good is Hanifin? Isn't he dropping out of top5 in some lists?

He might be, but that'd be silly. I think people get defensemen fatigue over the course of an entire draft year. Look no further than last year when many around here questioned Ekblad's upside and nitpicked him to death--in fact, many were saying how there'd be a better defenseman available this draft named...you guessed it, Noah Hanifin.

I think Hanifin is going 3 or 4, and rightly so. That said, I don't make the Reinhart-Hanifin deal.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
I know! Let's trade Reinhart for Hanifin this year, cause Reinhart is no longer a 1C and Hanifin is a 1D. And next year, let's trade Hanifin for Chychrun cause Hanifin may or may not be a 1D now, but Chychrun is a sure franchise d-man! But wait, the year after that, we could trade Chychrun and our next 5 1st for McDavid cause his entry deal will be up and he'll want to sign with us!!1!11!

This is not meant as a shot just at you, but I've seen way too many of these types of stupid trades, just for the sake of trading. Oh we really wanted Reinhart last year, but now he's juts eh. Are we gonna go gaga over Auston Matthews next year and want to give up Reinhart again. I get this is a futures site, and the draft/draft eligibles are a big component here, but goodness gracious just let it go.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
People refer to him as a 2C because we don't have a 1a line.

He's projects to be a very good 2nd line center.

People refer to him as a 2C because who he most likely will be behind in the depth Chart, and people in general have a thing for dynamic offensive players which Eichel will be.

He has the skill and intelligence to play #1 center role and the valued minutes that goes with it; meaning he projects to have the ability to play against team's best lines and shut them down, he projects to be able to be a key player on the PP, and be on the #1 PK Unit. In short he will be looked upon to be playing the role and type of minutes that 06-07 Chris Drury was playing.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Both of these the Sabres lose. Eichel/Reinhart down the middle for the next 15 years is a dream come true after 2 years of suffering. It's exactly what we all have wished for and to see it come true next week is just unreal!

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I cannot wait for this craziness to end. Somehow the grass is always greener on the other side.....

rowf

Jan 25, 2014
Kelowna, BC, Canada
I honestly see Reinhart as a Brad Richards type, great as support to a Lecavalier and Toews, but unable to carry a team like a true #1C. I know he's got a great skillset, but all the stars will have to align for him to become a dominant #1C in the NHL.

That's just my opinion.

I would love to see O'Reilly in that 2C and Zemgus in the #3C with Larsson/Compher filling out the 4th.

Odd man out is Reinhart, so trade him for another possible top line defenceman.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
I agree with all those saying it's trading for the sake of trading and I wouldn't do I either. But just for fun looking at potential future lines if this were to happen...

Kane - Eichel - Girgensons
Crouse* - O'Reilly - Ennis

Hanifin - Ristolainen
Zadorov - Pysyk

Doesn't look to shabby either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad