GDT: 2 A Days: Preds Training Camp

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Frustration + competitive edge ---> liberties/exceptions taken ---> punches thrown.

It's a guy thing :laugh:

I Will Son

An Army of One
Feb 15, 2010
Nashville
I hope its nothing serious, I've fought with my friends before. I just hope nothing personal between them is going on which will have a negative vibe in the locker room

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
I like it, it means they're practicing hard, all of them.

I bet battling over and over against the same guys in camp can wear thin on even the most patient personalities.

Bingo. When the softer guys are fighting it means they're bringing intensity which to me says leadership. I dig it.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I like it as long as it wasn't malicious. It's a contact sport, this type of stuff will happen. Also changes the tone of practices fairly quickly which can be a good thing.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Frustration + competitive edge ---> liberties/exceptions taken ---> punches thrown.

It's a guy thing :laugh:

Ah...those are all good reasons. I like it. They need to stay away from Shea though, 'cause he'd maim them for life before he realized what he'd done.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Guyz,

Even the Jamaican Bobsled Team in Cool Runnings had inter-teammate strife. However they were able to " Rise Above it " . I suspect the Preds will do the same.

Last edited:

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
I really wouldn't put much into this guys. It was just heat of the moment, I HIGHLY doubt there is locker room stuff going on here. I think it will bring the team even closer together, like someone stated about the Miracle fight

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
It's probably the same basic stuff that boils over all the time in camp before football season, except in hockey you can actually throw legitimate punches.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I don't think any of us are worried about it. I think most of us think it's a good sign.

agreed. I think for a long time it was felt this team was too passive and slightly invertebrate. If you will fight with a teammate, I suspect you will damn sure fight FOR a teammate.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Bet Lavy was loving it.

With a smirk he said...

My kind of team David.

lou-brown1.jpg

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
how rich would it be to see them paired at the Meet The Players thing tomorrow ;)

Yeah, especially if they got into it again! :laugh:

The No Fighting Bunch: Shield your eyes! Please be careful and step around this pile of manliness.

Lavy: Jam!

Adz: More! More! More Fighting, Mules!!!!

jntarheels

Feb 20, 2013
Clarksville, TN
Only 2 days away from puck drop in SMASHVILLE!!

A little update from practice today via Eric @theTennessean
Eric Stromgren ‏@estromgren 11m11 minutes ago
At Predators practice at Bridgestone. Top 2 forward combos I'm seeing are Bourque-Ribeiro-Neal and Forsberg-Roy-Smith. #preds
Other Predators forward line combos are Stalberg/Wilson-Jarnkrok-Jokinen, Clune/Beck-Gaustad-Nystrom #preds

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
OK, that doesnt sound like Wilson has been relegated to the 4th line as was speculated earlier, but hes definitely not in the top 6 either. maybe he and Jarnkrok can get some chemistry and force themselves into some more playing time

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
OK, that doesnt sound like Wilson has been relegated to the 4th line as was speculated earlier, but hes definitely not in the top 6 either. maybe he and Jarnkrok can get some chemistry and force themselves into some more playing time

How about GB on the top line? If that sticks, who saw that coming?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
How about GB on the top line? If that sticks, who saw that coming?

Sometimes you need the peanut butter to go with the jam.

well played glenn..

I admit I didn't see it coming but Im guessing that the thinking is when your have a center as a setup guy, and a sniper to take a lot of shots, for the other forward you want a guy who can clean up the rebounds not another sniper sitting out at the opposite circle getting pissed because the passes are all going to Neal...

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
well played glenn..

I admit I didn't see it coming but Im guessing that the thinking is when your have a center as a setup guy, and a sniper to take a lot of shots, for the other forward you want a guy who can clean up the rebounds not another sniper sitting out at the opposite circle getting pissed because the passes are all going to Neal...

Bourque = the new Horny??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad