GDT: 2/9/23 - 7:00PM EDT - Colorado vs Tampa Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
This game is just a reminder to us……and the rest of the NHL, what this team is capable of if healthy come playoff time.

By beating an injured team that sits tied 8th in a weak western conference? Lol

We rocked the same lineup that got blasted 7-1 by the Panthers 4 days ago.

Last edited:

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
I cut the game off after period 2. So I would not Jinx Vasi. First shout out of the year. Here’s hoping that he gets flaming hot now thru the playoffs.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Good night at the dot

Colton a perfect 7 for 7
Stamkos - 11/18 (61%)
Bellemare - 9/13 (69%)
Cirelli - 14/20 (70%) including 9/14 (64%) vs MacKinnon

This is a good reminder that the Av's also suck in the dot and their best faceoff man last playoffs was Kadri at 50%. Faceoffs are nice but not a necessity to win.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Avs looked a lot slower than I remembered without Makar.

Nice for Vasy to finally get the first shutout of the season. I hope we can get another performance like this next Tuesday also to make it harder for Colorado to make the playoffs.

Reactions: Fan from AK

Fan from AK

May 19, 2021
Alaska
Excuse me while I wipe the egg off of my face. Cirelli was on his game tonight. I am sorry and stand corrected on my previous assessment. He played like a rock star tonight and I back off of my dumb comments before.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
I am going to hate to lose Hagel in a another year unless we can sign him again with this stagnant cap that again could be looming. Hagel is everything like Coleman and Goodrow.

Yeah, the Bolts need to see the cap finally go up 3 or 4 million in the summer of '24, rather than just another million, in order to have a chance to realistically keep Hagel. I think it's possible though, since the cap was rumored to possibly be rising to around 86.5 after this season before the additional reports came out.

Reactions: Fan from AK

Fan from AK

May 19, 2021
Alaska
Yeah, the Bolts need to see the cap finally go up 3 or 4 million in the summer of '24, rather than just another million, in order to have a chance to realistically keep Hagel. I think it's possible though, since the cap was rumored to possibly be rising to around 86.5 after this season before the additional reports came out.
All we can do is hope correct? He has been well worth the price spent so far. Lights out in my book. Cirelli definitely made me like like a huge arse tonight as well. One of the best players on the ice this game for sure.

Great another person to make me look like the fool I am for kicking on Celery. He was along with Hagel the best players on the ice tonight IMO.

Reactions: JTBF81

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
All we can do is hope correct? He has been well worth the price spent so far. Lights out in my book. Cirelli definitely made me like like a huge arse tonight as well. One of the best players on the ice this game for sure.

Great another person to make me look like the fool I am for kicking on Celery. He was along with Hagel the best players on the ice tonight IMO.

As I said, he's a streaky type player. He certainly has his flaws, and I won't argue that he's a little overpaid(I thought he would come in between 5 and 5.5). I still think he has another gear or perhaps hasn't hit his ceiling in terms of what he can do, so I hope the team doesn't move him unless it is for some over the top, just can't refuse type of deal.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I am going to hate to lose Hagel in a another year unless we can sign him again with this stagnant cap that again could be looming. Hagel is everything like Coleman and Goodrow.

It's quite easy, you trade the 6.25M third line forward with 13 points in 28 games to keep the first line forward with 44 in 51 who's also a year younger.

We've been badmouthing him for two years though. Doesnt work.

I've badmouthed Hagel into being a near PPG forward, trust me it works.

Reactions: FinnLightning26

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Good win boys. I'm so happy Vasy finally got that shutout he's worked so hard for. Time to go on get some more wins because we have a tough, tough schedule ahead of us.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
By beating an injured team that sits tied 8th in a weak western conference? Lol

We rocked the same lineup that got blasted 7-1 by the Panthers 4 days ago.
We rocked the same lineup as the Panthers game, that’s relevant how? Because every game has the same meaning right? No, this was a SCF rematch with TB coming of BTB losses. So last night we saw high level effort against a really talented team, who is gill believe is one of the favorites out west.

Hagel will be an RFA, I believe he will be kept. Might cost us so one else.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
We rocked the same lineup as the Panthers game, that’s relevant how? Because every game has the same meaning right? No, this was a SCF rematch with TB coming of BTB losses. So last night we saw high level effort against a really talented team, who is gill believe is one of the favorites out west.

Hagel will be an RFA, I believe he will be kept. Might cost us so one else.

When we lose its just a RS game and when we win its a statement game ok got it, last night they played a team tied for 8th in the WC, not anywhere near the favorite and nowhere near as strong as they were last season. Look at that lineup they iced last night again and say that's a "talented group", they have 2 good forwards and that's about it, it's not like they're coasting like TB does either, they are legitimately struggling in a weak conference.

This is like if Montreal bragged about beating a Tampa team post Gourde line departure while missing Stamkos and Hedman in 2022.

Last edited:

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Who's next on your trash player list? We need to jump on that train so they can prove you wrong again...again...again...
Pointing out that someone isn't playing well at a particular moment is hardly trashing someone, but then, give a dog a bone and they'll mindlessly chew on it. Again...again...again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce