GDT: 2/9/16 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Montréal

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Hedman is the only one worthy of being captain. Callahan has to score once in 20 games to be worthy. Tampa hasn't picked Steve Ott type captains recently. If so, we could give it to Boyle.

It's Hedman. There's nobody worthy of getting it after him but maybe Palat but he hasn't been here that long.

I would give it to Cally, not becuase Hedman don't deserve it but I think he needs to be given more time to grow as a player before he takes it on. I mean like look at McD with the rangers, he was really good and then he was named captain and started sucking because he struggled with the added responisbility. But if Hedman is ready then I'd 100% give it to him, just making sure that he is before doing so.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Hedman is the only one worthy of being captain. Callahan has to score once in 20 games to be worthy. Tampa hasn't picked Steve Ott type captains recently. If so, we could give it to Boyle.

It's Hedman. There's nobody worthy of getting it after him but maybe Palat but he hasn't been here that long.

I'd go hedman but he might leave after next season also lol curse if the captain

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Scrivens is literally just laying down in the crease now. He is so painfully average and we keep shooting the puck into his crest as he takes a ****ing nap in the blue ice. Shoot high you stupid ****s!

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
And I would have no problem with that what so ever.

It's games like this when he needs to score and he doesn't is when you realise that things are never going to change and we can't keep expecting him to finally turn around and step up as captain and teams supposed leading goal scorer.

Exactly. It's been too long. SCF pretty much sold me on him not improving.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Scrivens is literally just laying down in the crease now. He is so painfully average and we keep shooting the puck into his crest as he takes a ****ing nap in the blue ice. Shoot high you stupid ****s!

I agree and the team should have known this before the game even started ot at least after period 1 and adjusted but they just kept playing like they did. I have to ask if Tampa has a video coach? You'd think he would have been able to tell them these kinds of things.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
I would give it to Cally, not becuase Hedman don't deserve it but I think he needs to be given more time to grow as a player before he takes it on. I mean like look at McD with the rangers, he was really good and then he was named captain and started sucking because he struggled with the added responisbility. But if Hedman is ready then I'd 100% give it to him, just making sure that he is before doing so.
Nah Victor looks ready. He leads by example on the ice and would be the longest serving player at the time. It's most likely going to be Hedman. I can't see 1 goal every 40 games Callahan getting it over Hedman. Not that I'm against him getting it, but Hedman is ready.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Tampa needs to score...spend all the time in their own zone...

nothing new to see here.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
Frankly don't see Hedman as a Captain. Does he really have leadership qualities?

He's a very steady player. Very consistent. Sure he doesn't have the highest offensive numbers but when needed in the playoffs last year, he showed up EVERY game. He's a work horse. Can't see any of the kids getting it or bottom 6 guys. Only two are Hedman and Callahan. I'd give it to Hedman.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Leading SOG 36-27, down 2-4, sounds about right...oh wait.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Yuck, empty net is a bad idea since we need to keep the GA down and we suck on the man advanatage.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
If we had played the whole game like we did about the 5 mintes of the 2nd and around the time we scored our 2nd goal things could have looked better but instead we played pretty bad all-around.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Wasting time just passing the puck around is what we do best.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
We're one SOG away from tying season high SOG, and we got nothing from it which is just pathetic.

Bolts265

Nov 9, 2011
Zephyrhills, FL
He's a very steady player. Very consistent. Sure he doesn't have the highest offensive numbers but when needed in the playoffs last year, he showed up EVERY game. He's a work horse. Can't see any of the kids getting it or bottom 6 guys. Only two are Hedman and Callahan. I'd give it to Hedman.

Agree about his play. But I would think Cally makes a better locker room presence and motivator, just my opinion.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
And that was that, one team wanted to win more than the other and that team won, can't argue with it really since Tampa didn't really show up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad