GDT: 2/9/16 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Montréal

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
And it does not get any easier after tonight. Could easily fall out of a spot before the end of the week. Could be in Mathews territory by month end if they keep the play of the last two days up.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Meh. I love Steven as we all do but games like this doesn't help. Ovechkin scores. Crosby scores. Kane scores. Benn and Seguin are better. Etc. He's trying but he just doesn't have what he had prior to the leg break. It's not worth jeopardizing the teams chances by signing him for a crazy amount when he plays like this.

We really someone to score to get us back in, we should be able to rely on our captain in moments like this. If there's a word to describe it, I'd say discouraging is the word. Still have 20 to go, maybe we can turn it around.

Keep Carle on the bench.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
And it does not get any easier after tonight. Could easily fall out of a spot before the end of the week. Could be in Mathews territory by month end if they keep the play of the last two days up.

Could but that'd be a stretch if we do that bad... I really don't expect us to win the next 3. We don't do well against them it seems.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
This is all he's capable of. That's one of our problems.

I mean I'm not expecting him to come out every night like it's the SCF but after an absolute ********* game I expect him to put some noticeable effort in. He either doesn't really care or he's not capable and neither of those options is worth 10m+ to me. I sort of feel like whoever steps up now and starts leading the team on the ice is going to be the captain next year. And I don't think it's going to be Stamkos.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
With Boston also losing tonight us, them and Det will have just as many points after playing 53 games, that's not good and our team should be looking at trying to get ahead, not playing badly and risk falling behind.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
With Boston also losing tonight us, them and Det will have just as many points after playing 53 games, that's not good and our team should be looking at trying to get ahead, not playing badly and risk falling behind.
Ya it was a chance to move away from them that we failed on.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
We're playing really sloppy and the top-6 are a no show, maybe Cooper should have mixed up the lineup a bit for this game.

And there came goal number 4, well, we're out, we're playing like crap and can't do anything.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Not only are we failing on moving away from Boston and Detroit but we are let Ottawa and Montreal gain ground.

Tampa typical. I was hoping to see us play better after januray but now we're back to sucking.

Bish has been good though, he's made some great saves and is a big reason why it's not worst.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Just pull Bishop to spare him the pain and then let them get blown out. If they don't care enough to try then let them deal with the consequences.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Cue oh no we suck again meme.

Can see Stamkos leaving and Hedman as captain next year.

And I would have no problem with that what so ever.

It's games like this when he needs to score and he doesn't is when you realise that things are never going to change and we can't keep expecting him to finally turn around and step up as captain and teams supposed leading goal scorer.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
And Hedman scores a makeup goal.

And Cally with his 3rd assist in 3 games.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
No do not make hedman captain!!!! Give it to Callahan!! Unless hedman is extended before next season begins!

Hedman is the only one worthy of being captain. Callahan has to score once in 20 games to be worthy. Tampa hasn't picked Steve Ott type captains recently. If so, we could give it to Boyle.

It's Hedman. There's nobody worthy of getting it after him but maybe Palat but he hasn't been here that long.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Damn, it's not to late yet but they need to pick it up and start crashing the net.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I hope Yzerman is planning on doing something before the deadline.

Ya ask Stamkos so you want to go to Toronto? Steven not really but can I have 10 million per year here in Tampa? Yzerman hell no you can have 9 and that's my last offer! Steven ok then deal me to Toronto Steve.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad