GDT: 2/7/15: STARS (23-20-8) at SABRES (15-34-3) TV: FS-SW+, MSG-B - 7:00 PM ET

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
Awesome picture... I've always liked Ruff (the look alike as well as the guy on the bench lol)... I actually did meet him a few times over the last 20 years...

That said, great win tonight.. I'm happy for Teddy... we still have two points on Edmonton...

I met Lindy Ruff once in a hotel elevator once when I was pretty young (10-11). My dad was really excited, trying to get me to talk to him but I just gave him the silent treatment. After he got off the elevator, my dad turned to me and asked why I wouldn't say anything to the man. I've been told my response was "Talk to him? He's lucky I didn't hit him!!"

You see, it was a few months after the Hasek trade to the Wings and I was furious. I couldn't understand why my hero Hasek was gone and (not knowing anything about GMs doing the trading or Hasek demanding a trade) I held Lindy completely responsible. After a long time, I eventually forgave him but that's my Lindy Ruff story.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
4-17-1, granted that's doing a quick side by side matchup. So I might be off a little bit. Also of the 4 games, 3 were won in OT or SO. The other one was against San Jose at home which is a lock every year anyway.

Those are the kind of numbers that make me think just getting competent replacements for those guys like Pysyk and a mid tier free agent makes us at least moderately competitive next year. Get Sekera and oh boy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad