GDT: 2/7/15: STARS (23-20-8) at SABRES (15-34-3) TV: FS-SW+, MSG-B - 7:00 PM ET

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
:stars vs. :sabres

NHL.com Game Preview: Stars start road trip with visit to Sabres
[NHL]745015[/NHL]

Season series: The Dallas Stars swept the Buffalo Sabres last season. Dallas forward Tyler Seguin had a goal and an assist in a 4-3 win at Buffalo on Oct. 28, 2013. Stars defensemen Alex Goligoski and Jordie Benn each scored in a 3-2 win on March 3, 2014. Kari Lehtonen was the winning goalie in each game.

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview: 2/7/15 vs. DAL
TONIGHT’S GAME

STARS at SABRES

This is the first of two meetings between the Sabres and Stars this season.
Last meeting: Dallas defeated Buffalo, 3-2, in Dallas on March 3, 2014
Next meeting: Monday, March 23 in Dallas
The Sabres are 6-4-0 in their last 10 games vs. the Stars; 7-2-1 at home.
This is the 115th game all-time between Buffalo and Dallas/Minnesota; Buffalo has a 54-43-17 series record.
The Sabres are 31-14-11 at home against the Stars/North Stars all-time.

MOULSON MOVES TO THE POINT
With Gorges and Myers given maintenance days, Buffalo shook up the PP units

By Chris Ryndak - Sabres.com (@chrisryndak)

Sabres In :90 (2/6/15) - 1:45 Mins

[NHL]744943[/NHL]

Ted Nolan Interview (2/6/15) - 4:12 Mins
[NHL]744927[/NHL]

FRIDAY’S PRACTICE
80 Chris Stewart – 28 Zemgus Girgensons – 63 Tyler Ennis
26 Matt Moulson – 17 Torrey Mitchell – 12 Brian Gionta
19 Cody Hodgson – 65 Brian Flynn – 21 Drew Stafford
44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 37 Matt Ellis – 36 Patrick Kaleta
82 Marcus Foligno (non-contact)

61 Andre Benoit – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
6 Mike Weber – 24 Tyson Strachan
51 Nikita Zadorov – 41 Andrej Meszaros

1 Jhonas Enroth
34 Michal Neuvirth

Maintenance Day: 4 Josh Gorges, 57 Tyler Myers

POWER PLAY
First Unit
Stewart-Girgensons-Ennis
Zadorov-Moulson

Second Unit
Stafford-Flynn-Gionta
Benoit-Meszaros

Last edited:

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Crazy combos. Like Nolan will just do everything possible other than what has clearly proven successful.

Wanna put Stewart on the first for showcasing, probably a good call (fits with my own suggestion seeing how useless Moulson has been, but I do feel bad for Ennis/Girgensens having to deal with Stewart's team leading pathetic defensive game, lol), but why break up the proven commodity of Flynn-Mitchell-Gionta? Put the floundering coat-tail riding Moulson down to the third where he belongs. That keeps Flynn-Mitchell-Gionta together and, bonus, reunites the Moulson-Hogson-Stafford trio which was actually successful for a stretch last season. Maybe this trio of dismally under-performing so-called "top six" can refind their respective games together.

Then about the PP.... Moulson, really? Super backchecking give a hoot Moulson on the point? :shakehead If Nolan really really really cannot bring himself to reunite what worked last season (Ennis-Moulson-Hodgson, Stafford on point with another D), then at least plug Stafford on the 1st unit point rather than Moulson. Please.

And while he's at it, let Hodgson out of the dog house long enough to get some 2nd unit PP duty. It obviously couldn't be worse WITH Hodgson, it's not like the kid hasn't been a PP producer historically, and realistically, Hodgson's defensive game is probably better than Benoit/Meszaros. Benoit/Mes, really? :shakehead

Besides, Nolan knows the carrot/stick motivation tactic well enough that he knows what it does to a guy to only get given the stick.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
@BuffaloSabres

Morning Skate
Stewart-Girgensons-Ennis
Moulson-Mitchell-Gionta
Hodgson-Flynn-Stafford
Deslauriers-Ellis-Kaleta

#sabres #BUFvsDAL -CR

Defensive Pairings
Gorges/Myers
Weber/Strachan
Benoit/Ristolainen
Zadorov/Meszaros

#Sabres #BUFvsDAL -CR

Moulson rotating in w/ defensemen at blue line for drill. He practiced yesterday on PP at point. #DALvsBUF

Game day routine for Enroth. Looks like he'll start. #DALvsBUF

sba

Mar 25, 2004
Buffalo, NY
The Moulson power play pointman thing is odd considering his best asset are his hands in front of the net.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
The Moulson power play pointman thing is odd considering his best asset are his hands in front of the net.

And I've never even seen him fire a slapshot. His wrister is ok from in tight but he the further out he goes the less dangerous he is. Odd indeed.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Mike Harrington ‏@BNHarrington 3m3 minutes ago

Ruff and Spezza had good laugh over '07 #Sabres-#Sens brawl. He said, "You sent those guys out there after me" and I said, "Yeah I did."

More from jovial Ruff to Spezza on brawl. "I admitted it and got fined for it too and I admitted it again. And I said I'd send them again."

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
:laugh:

I've read that Lindback is starting so I'm not expecting an easy win or anything.

Just hoping Seguin can find his scoring touch again.

Lindback? Oh crap! ... Damn you, Lindy!!

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo

Ruff and Spezza had good laugh over '07 #Sabres-#Sens brawl. He said, "You sent those guys out there after me" and I said, "Yeah I did."

More from jovial Ruff to Spezza on brawl. "I admitted it and got fined for it too and I admitted it again. And I said I'd send them again."

:laugh: That is pure awesomeness.

Everyone got tired of Ruff by the end of his time here, but he's always been a guy I wanted to get a beer with.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Believe it or not, Lindback has worse numbers than the Sabres trio of netminders.

3.79 GAA
.875 Save %

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
And I've never even seen him fire a slapshot. His wrister is ok from in tight but he the further out he goes the less dangerous he is. Odd indeed.

Even worse/more important, he is terrible at receiving passes and a slow skater. I can see him letting a puck go over his stick and then having no chance of catching the defensive player going for the shorty. I'd rather have someone like Gionta at the point

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Is the Moulson move on PP so Myers can go back in front of the net? ...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad