GDT: 2/7/13 "Pretty Fly For A Weiss Guy" - Panthers VS Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
We've evolved as Panther fans to prepare to tank asap.

Not I, not til we're beyond out of it.

Minus Kulikov's very very stupid penalty, I thought he looked excellent. The Philly announcers even made note of his play. Once he gets confidence in offensive game and works on his shot, he's going to be a #1 guy. His floor is a first pairing d-man, imo.

I thought he was mediocre, but I'm not a big fan of his.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Also felt like Kopecky played a strong game, as per usual. He was really taking the puck to the net and never let up his hard skating style and hustle.

Erick*

Maybe we just needed to be really bad early on to make our goal differential look terrible and troll the hockey world again. :sarcasm:;)

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I'm still shocked that we got the win with everything against us towards the second half of the 3rd period and in overtime. I don't believe I've ever seen us win a shootout with only two shooters. Just flippin' amazing! This has to tie the win against Winnipeg to break the streak for the best of the season thus far.

Hopefully this is the start of another winning streak with two games against the Caps :handclap:

Erick*

Theodore is now 14 wins away from 300 in his career. Hopefully he gets it this year.

Tooth Rez

Oct 24, 2009
West Palm Beach
Weiss, aside from losing the puck once on a 1st period power play, has looked so much more into it since his recent scratching. hopefully that goal REALLY gets him going. would love to see him start racking up points. it's about damn time!

Erick*

Weiss, aside from losing the puck once on a 1st period power play, has looked so much more into it since his recent scratching. hopefully that goal REALLY gets him going. would love to see him start racking up points. it's about damn time!

He was injured, not scratched.

Tooth Rez

Oct 24, 2009
West Palm Beach
ah okay.. tbh i hadn't read that he was scratched, but sounded like he and dineen were going at it prior to him skating around all pissed on his last game out. sorry for the misinformation!

Last edited:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Big statement comeback win mixed with some revenge sprinkled on top. Let's finish off the road trip with another 'W' against the 30TH RANKED CAPITALS. OOOOOO that feels good to watch Ovi and the Caps tank game after game.

From the highights, it looked like we never gave up and earned another character win. Shootout too, Congrats to Hubs, first NHL shootout goal winner!!!!
I'm on the fence whether to get a Huberdeau, Mueller or Gudbranson jersey. Maybe all 3??

:yo: LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL :yo:

I'm going to bed with a joker style smile upon my face.

PAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNTHHHHHHHHERRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSS!!!!!​

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
wow watched the entire game at the gym just wow! That was the best SO in panthers history imo and it was but a glimpse i hope of what the future holds for our team. I still hate playing in philly because it shows how far we still are from being able to go toe to toe instead of having to brace a storm...even though we did that to a tee tonight.

On a negative note Weaver and Kuba are really starting to me piss me off. I feel those two players are hurting our chances of victory on a nightly basis.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
We have to get at least 3 out of 4 pts. against Washington over the next 2 games if we want to make the playoffs. Washington is a wounded animal right now, we have to tear them apart. Of course, now that I want the Panthers to win, they will start losing.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
wow watched the entire game at the gym just wow! That was the best SO in panthers history imo and it was but a glimpse i hope of what the future holds for our team. I still hate playing in philly because it shows how far we still are from being able to go toe to toe instead of having to brace a storm...even though we did that to a tee tonight.

On a negative note Weaver and Kuba are really starting to me piss me off. I feel those two players are hurting our chances of victory on a nightly basis.

Your opinion is right. Best SO in panthers history. One sick move and another great finish.

p9ers

May 11, 2011
Toronto

I thought Weaver played well for most of the game, much better than the last couple. If he gets better I don't mind him.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
ah okay.. tbh i hadn't read that he was scratched, but sounded like he and dineen were going at it prior to him skating around all pissed on his last game out. sorry for the misinformation!

He was held out of that game because Dineen thought he could use a little more time to heal up, Weiss is a gamer and probably wanted to play. So you are correct in a way. :)

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Not sure what they're complaining about, but they scored a goal on a play that probably could've been whistled dead, and the refs also missed a blatant penalty on one of the Flyers players against Matthias that would've been 4 minutes because he was bleeding.

Not to mention all the times our center got tossed from the faceoff circle tonight. Weiss even had a conversation with the ref because he would pretend to drop the puck and wouldn't. Don't remember seeing a Flyer get tossed from the faceoff circle tonight?

And yeah, that 4min PP would have been handy. Don't know how they didn't call it after seeing how much blood was coming from Matthias's mouth after that high stick. Funny because I've seen that happen simularly but with us on the other end, and refs still making the call on us after seeing the bloody player even though they didn't see what happened. At least the hocket gods were on our side tonight and helped us get the win.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
gudbranson in his first game back, paired with campbell. see, just like ive been saying :) great win! huby scoring with that classic move of his, works everytime. shootouts "should" be way more painless this season with huberdeau and mueller (as we knew coming into the season).

7 pts in our last 4 games (8 possible), plus we're playing the worst team in the league next, lets grab another 2 pts!

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
I already said it once but I'll say it again, that shootout was amazing. If you blinked you would've missed it. Never have I seen us dispose of a team so quickly in the shootout. Most of the time we're the other side asking "what the hell just happened?". Tonight was really a sign of the times with this franchise.

Kopecky played yet another great game. I freaking love this guy. I don't care how slow he skates (much improved from last year though), he is just a perfect team guy. He does everything. Hard on the forecheck, hard on the backcheck, grinds the corners, makes passes, shoots when no one else on our team will, wins faceoffs and plays 110% every single night. He might be my favorite signing for this team just because of all the elements he brings to us. I honestly think if we had Bergy this year playing with Goc and Kopy, that line would be deadly.

Great to see Guds back. He wasn't noticeable, which is a good thing. Didn't get particularly physical but definitely didn't shy away. I just hope he can stay solid and learn from Campbell as the season goes.

Theo was fantastic. After a rough first goal and even crappier luck on the 2nd one, he zoned in. As someone said earlier in the thread, mid-3rd until the end of the game, it was vintage Theodore. Couple of great saves and made the shootout look easy.

Great to see Weiss get a goal. Flash continues to score but Versteeg looks lazy out there. Many of you pointed it out in this thread, he plays with the puck too much. WAY too much. He did so well last year at the beginning because he was just shooting. He has a tremendous wrist shot that he can get off quickly, yet he always tries to dance around players trying to get the highlight reel goal. It's really annoying to watch and I want this part of his game to change. Honestly, it needs to change because right now he does more bad than good.

Weaver and Kuba are easily the weakest players on the team. They take bad penalties and have terrible foot speed. At least Kuba adds something on the offense in terms of keeping pucks in but Weaver just looks lost out there. Would love to find an upgrade over these guys to be honest.

Also, wicked seeing Skille pot a goal. Guy works real hard and was one of the few who showed up for the start of the season. Hoping he can put some offense together.

Overall I'm really pleased with this game. Love the never quit attitude from us. Showed some real character overcoming a tough game in a tough building with the refs on the Flyers' side. These next two games are crucial against Washington. They are wounded and will look to come back hard against us. We need to let the league know that we are much better than our 1-5-0 start, and we can do that by beating Washington back-to-back. If we win those two games, we'll be above .500 and can look towards Tampa Bay to take back OUR Southeast Division crown again.

Vilam

#Catlantic
Feb 8, 2012
San Francisco
....OUR SHOOTOUT!

I said *******! Whew... finally finished tonight's game on the DVR. Man, any Panthers fan should be bouncing around the ****ing room after that! What a change since last year! Exciting stuff!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad