GDT: 2/7/13 "Pretty Fly For A Weiss Guy" - Panthers VS Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Could someone fill me in on how we looked tonight? Did Gudbranson play well?

We played well at times. Took some unnecessary penalties. We're still cute in the offensive zone, not physical enough anywhere on the ice, especially around our net, and Theo was the the The we know.

Guds looked good. Looked like a normal/unremarkable game from which is good considering they time off.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
We finally have enough skill to actually win some shootouts! It's gonna be tough to beat us in a SO with those two, more so when Kovalev is in it as well. All of a sudden, we are a point out of the playoffs, and only three behind TB. Safe to say that all that talk about the top pick might have been a bit premature.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Anyone else really frustrated with Versteeg? He plays like a better skaing Kovalev at times.

Erick*

I didn't watch the game but on this GDT panthers fans are crying about the refs helping the Flyers, and on the Flyers GDT their crying about the refs Helping the Panthers, that tells me it was called evenly

Not sure what they're complaining about, but they scored a goal on a play that probably could've been whistled dead, and the refs also missed a blatant penalty on one of the Flyers players against Matthias that would've been 4 minutes because he was bleeding.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
We finally have enough skill to actually win some shootouts! It's gonna be tough to beat us in a SO with those two, more so when Kovalev is in it as well. All of a sudden, we are a point out of the playoffs, and only three behind TB. Safe to say that all that talk about the top pick might have been a bit premature.

We've evolved as Panther fans to prepare to tank asap.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I'd have to see a video.. But if it ended up in the net it likely wasn't fully covered, no?

It was under Theo's blocker, nobody could see the puck. Knuble was whacking away, probably 4 or 5 times until he finally poked it out and it landed on Reads stick who buried it.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Could someone fill me in on how we looked tonight? Did Gudbranson play well?

I thought we played well for the most part.

We were weak in front of our own net, got to ply tougher than that. Other than dumb penalties by almost every D they had a bend but dont break game.

Forwards couldn't really get much going all game, but did get timely goal.

Jose was an absolute rock I thought.

Gudbs played extremely well for his first game back. Thought he looked a bit tired in the third & OT, but that is expected.

Skille played real well, lots of energy. Definitely no reason to take him back out of the lineup. No one on the bottom six for that matter. Keep Kovalev out of here!

Thought Goc wasn't himself tonight. Had 3 or 4 turnovers which isn't like him. Wasn't as noticeable.

Mueller was a beast all game. Loved his play tonight and willingness to go in front of the net.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I'd have to see a video.. But if it ended up in the net it likely wasn't fully covered, no?

Was for a couple seconds and out of view of the ref, I've seen less whistled. Knuble moved Theo's glove with his stick and the puck trickled free.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Minus Kulikov's very very stupid penalty, I thought he looked excellent. The Philly announcers even made note of his play. Once he gets confidence in offensive game and works on his shot, he's going to be a #1 guy. His floor is a first pairing d-man, imo.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA

Well to be fair, we were last in the league for a little bit so the tank talk was warranted. Haha

-ghoste

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Minus Kulikov's very very stupid penalty, I thought he looked excellent. The Philly announcers even made note of his play. Once he gets confidence in offensive game and works on his shot, he's going to be a #1 guy. His floor is a first pairing d-man, imo.

Was anyone else interested as I was to see Kuli shoot in the SO? Would like to see him feel the back of the net this year.

Erick*

I don't think so. That's a bit absurd to say that someone's FLOOR is a #1 D-man. What's his ceiling? Best defenseman of all-time? :help:

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Was anyone else interested as I was to see Kuli shoot in the SO? Would like to see him feel the back of the net this year.

Not really, he scored a couple big shootout goals last season. Funny to see Dineen go over to Kuli and most likely saying something along the lines of, "You good to go?"

-ghoste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad