GDT: 2/7/13 "Pretty Fly For A Weiss Guy" - Panthers VS Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Unbelievable! We turned this season around after a 1-5 start! Lets continue it with blowing out the Caps ! They deserve it!

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Kopecky played yet another great game. I freaking love this guy. I don't care how slow he skates (much improved from last year though), he is just a perfect team guy. He does everything. Hard on the forecheck, hard on the backcheck, grinds the corners, makes passes, shoots when no one else on our team will, wins faceoffs and plays 110% every single night. He might be my favorite signing for this team just because of all the elements he brings to us. I honestly think if we had Bergy this year playing with Goc and Kopy, that line would be deadly.

It's why I wear his jersey. It's why he wears an A. It's why he's won 2 cups. It's why players considered him for a C.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Ridiculous how love turned into hate since Huberdeau became a Panther and wasn't the reincarnation of Gretzky at 2012 world juniors..

Sick move. Made Bryzgalov look bad. Finally, we finally put pressure on the other team to score when we went 2-0. Otherwise I bet Giroux would've confidently gone backhand with ease.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Ridiculous how love turned into hate since Huberdeau became a Panther and wasn't the reincarnation of Gretzky at 2012 world juniors..

Sick move. Made Bryzgalov look bad. Finally, we finally put pressure on the other team to score when we went 2-0. Otherwise I bet Giroux would've confidently gone backhand with ease.

Giroux had Theo beat, he missed the net on the backhand

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Maybe I'm being a flaming homer, but I think Huberdeau has better hands than Giroux and a better frame on him, shootout aside I feel like he handles the puck better :dunno:

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Now I understand that the shootout won't work exactly like that all the time but here's hoping!

Does anyone know if we have ever won 3-1 in a shootout? That would be just as dope.

-ghoste

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Shootout lineup/analysis for this season:

Always:
-Huberdeau - Nice variation of moves. Has history of execution in junior.
-Mueller - Quick release. Possesses good shot. Also has a good SO% in NHL.
-Kulikov - Went 2/4 last year. Russian.
-Shore - Possesses a quick release. Could be effective in the SO (will change if he goes 0-3 or 0-4).
-Kovalev - Silky hands. Has ability to beat the goalie more often than not in one-on-one situation.

Once and a while:
-Weiss - Has history of missing, but sometimes can get it done. Low backhand in stride.
-Matthias - Decent backhand. (He's no Olesz, but I'd try him sometimes).
-Goc - Decent one-one player. Low five-hole is bread and butter.
-Bergenheim* - Decent release if he ever plays.

Never:
-Versteeg - KD tried him a lot last year and he blew it a lot (when he was having a nice offensive output - tells you something)
-Fleischmann - (see Versteeg) - Just isn't good one-on-one with the goalie
-Kopecky - Not sure if he's the best choice
-Skille - Don't trust him in SO
-Upshall - (See Skille)

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
Shootout lineup/analysis for this season:

Always:
-Huberdeau - Nice variation of moves. Has history of execution in junior.
-Mueller - Quick release. Possesses good shot. Also has a good SO% in NHL.
-Kulikov - Went 2/4 last year. Russian.
-Shore - Possesses a quick release. Could be effective in the SO (will change if he goes 0-3 or 0-4).
-Kovalev - Silky hands. Has ability to beat the goalie more often than not in one-on-one situation.

Once and a while:
-Weiss - Has history of missing, but sometimes can get it done. Low backhand in stride.
-Matthias - Decent backhand. (He's no Olesz, but I'd try him sometimes).
-Goc - Decent one-one player. Low five-hole is bread and butter.
-Bergenheim* - Decent release if he ever plays.

Never:
-Versteeg - KD tried him a lot last year and he blew it a lot (when he was having a nice offensive output - tells you something)
-Fleischmann - (see Versteeg) - Just isn't good one-on-one with the goalie
-Kopecky - Not sure if he's the best choice
-Skille - Don't trust him in SO
-Upshall - (See Skille)

Not sure I would have Shore in the "Always" category. He was 0-4 in San Antonio and in those 4 chances, never really threatened to score. He will get there eventually, just still has a lot to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad