GDT: 2/5/15 "The Other Hollywood" - Kings VS Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlaPantherSwe*

Excuse me while I go change my underwear!

154.gif

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
- Petrovic so far has done OK. Was not expecting much from him but he has been fairly decent and his physical play is welcome. Probably nothing more than a 6th dman but so what.
He's done okay. Needs to let the hits come to him rather than over committing. Guds had this problem but has picked his spots lately when to lay the hit, thus not taking himself out of position. I think the new coach and Mitchell have helped, and hopefully Petro will p/u on this.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
This team showed me a lot in this game. Seeing it up close and personal, the team was totally outmatched early on. The Kings were much more physical, winning almost every faceoff, and we could barely get it in to the offensive zone with possession. As the game went on though, the Panthers, even without their captain, adjusted the right way, kept playing at 100% and battled out a really hard fought win. It's games like this that make me excited about the future of this team. Even though we played a better team tonight, we did what we had to to gut out an awesome team win.

Great night.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Alright, our Uncle Denis quote of the game comes from the post game show:

Potvin: "Pirri can be Kessel-esque"

And that's our Uncle Denis quote of the game!

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
Actually I thought the Kings were the better team tonight. They had a step on us all night and won most of the puck battles. This was the Kings team I was used to seeing in the playoffs, not the one for most of this season. Great forecheck and really outworked us most of the night.

Hats off to the Cats for the individual timely effort and shooting ability of the 3 guys. Brad Boyes does not get enough credit for his work ethic and passing ability. They were the best line tonight, but individual effort has to go to Bjugstad on his score.

Thanks for the comments. The Kings have this glorious ability to repeatedly win stats-wise but lose the game. This morning I read a post here where someone was hoping that the Kings wouldn't get a blow-out tonight. I was really tempted to reply that the only way the Kings would get a blow-out would be if the team stopped off at a hair salon.

Good game tonight. You earned the win.

(I'm going to return to our board meltdown now.)

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Fwiw I think our PP looks a lot better with bjugstad on the point teeing up one timers in stamkos like fashion.

The big issue we still have is losing posession and trying to get back in the zone and setup. We need a speed guy next year (cough grimaldi cough) to beat the defense and pass it back to the point to setup.

Once we lose possession on PP we waste a minute and a half trying to setup again.

Thewselius

Jul 24, 2003
Fwiw I think our PP looks a lot better with bjugstad on the point teeing up one timers in stamkos like fashion.

The big issue we still have is losing posession and trying to get back in the zone and setup. We need a speed guy next year (cough grimaldi cough) to beat the defense and pass it back to the point to setup.

Once we lose possession on PP we waste a minute and a half trying to setup again.

Aye, always loved Valeri Bure just for being able to fill that role. Thought JJ could do the same. Nope.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida

If I were Gallant I'd force Bjugstad to one-time at least 100 pucks from that spot every single practice. So he develops a knack for hitting the corners of the net. It's a great shot. A lot of good can come from it. He needs to marry that spot on the ice.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Worked last night, so I didn't watch the game. Had it on record and was going to watch it this morning, to find out it didn't tape. :rant: But I see my fiances show, 'How to get away with Murder' tapped. Should of taken a sick day! :laugh:

Will only get to watch the 1st on Sunday before I head into work. And I sure as heck hope the rest of the game will tape :laugh:

So glad we won last night. In regulation too. Actually our last eight wins have all been in regulation, which is the first tiebreaker for a playoff spot I believe.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Worked last night, so I didn't watch the game. Had it on record and was going to watch it this morning, to find out it didn't tape. :rant: But I see my fiances show, 'How to get away with Murder' tapped. Should of taken a sick day! :laugh:

Will only get to watch the 1st on Sunday before I head into work. And I sure as heck hope the rest of the game will tape :laugh:

So glad we won last night. In regulation too. Actually our last eight wins have all been in regulation, which is the first tiebreaker for a playoff spot I believe.

Fun fact, I'm friends with a cast member of that show.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida

excellent observation.

we also struggle to pass it around and create openings. OUr half board guys suck.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
It looked like more than that in the crowd and after the game tieing goal, without looking at the seats, you would have thought that there were over 18,000 in the stands. There are the kind of wins that we need at home to get the casual fans to come back to more games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad