GDT: 2/5/15 "The Other Hollywood" - Kings VS Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Really like the way our team played tonight. Good defense and goaltending and solid passing.

Don't know who this number 3 kid is, but he looked good

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Was nice to see the guys win it it in regulation.

That Muzzin turnover was lucky but props to Bjugstad in actually scoring there. Seems like we have a hard time taking advantage of gift wrapped turnovers at times.

Good play by Flash and glad to see Pirri get rewarded by taking that "pass" and driving to the net.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
Kings fan coming in peace.

Congrats on the comeback win. I think your guys broke the Kings tonight. Or at least our fanbase. We're melting down (myself included) in the post-game thread.

I can't even imagine how bad it would have been had Mitchell been in the lineup.

Keep your heads high, y'all deserved this.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
frnXxyM.gif

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida

Congrats on the comeback win. I think your guys broke the Kings tonight. Or at least our fanbase. We're melting down (myself included) in the post-game thread.

I can't even imagine how bad it would have been had Mitchell been in the lineup.

Very classy post.

Thanks.

Tell your board they have 2 cups to sleep well wth every night.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
This was easily one of the most entertaining games I've seen from the Panthers this season. They played a full 60-minutes and were able to keep up with the Kings physical play and questionable referee calls. Even after falling behind, they never looked out of it.

Great games from Pirri, Bjugstad, and Barkov. Luongo played excellent in goal as well after only a decent performance in New York. I still can't believe we got Pirri for just a 3rd and 5th rounder.

I know the crowd was under 10K, but it was damn loud in there after the tieing goal. We may not have the largest fanbase, but Panthers fans are quite vocal. More than some sellout crowds.

The season's not over yet, folks. Of course, the schedule doesn't make things easy at all over the next few weeks, but it's nice to see back-to-back wins after a huge cold streak.

Thewselius

Jul 24, 2003
Great to see Pirri staying alive out there. He's our little Ray Sheppard. Kampfer looked pretty solid too. Our d could use some of his mobility.

Last edited:

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014

Actually I thought the Kings were the better team tonight. They had a step on us all night and won most of the puck battles. This was the Kings team I was used to seeing in the playoffs, not the one for most of this season. Great forecheck and really outworked us most of the night.

Hats off to the Cats for the individual timely effort and shooting ability of the 3 guys. Brad Boyes does not get enough credit for his work ethic and passing ability. They were the best line tonight, but individual effort has to go to Bjugstad on his score.

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
My thoughts:
-Holy crap... Don't know what clicked in Barkov's play but the kid is just playing with so much confidence right now. If this is a preview of things to come, and considering he still has tons of development to do.... lets keep this kid around for many many years.
- I am so encouraged with Hubby's development this year. While he still gets pushed around at times, I've seen plenty of times where he absorbs checks and continues grinding along the boards. If he continues his dedication to become a stronger player and improved skating (to go along with his skill level) we will have a very good, point producing winger in him.
- welcome back Brandon Pirri... This guy can just flat out shoot the puck. It took him some time to come back from the concussion but it seems he is finally back.
-Bjugstad is so tough to contain due to his size, speed, reach and skill. He could gain some more muscle weight and really become a force. Him and Hayes are really tough to contain down low.
- Petrovic so far has done OK. Was not expecting much from him but he has been fairly decent and his physical play is welcome. Probably nothing more than a 6th dman but so what.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Don't mind camper playing instead of petro when Mitchell comes back. so many egregious near interference hits (3 by my count, 2 missed)

But I know its just one game so overreaction by me

Also love the energy brought by Dmac Upshall and Kopecky.

Hard to find a place for bergy right sadly. keep the hot lines

Kevin4762

Jan 7, 2015
During the game I was thinking if Pirri scores another goal this game I will be flat out impressed. Now I'm just scratching my head. How this guy doesn't get enough credit is beyond me. Aside from making the smooth transition to the wing, he has been on an absolute tear. 6 goals and 7 points in his past 7 games. Dude is looking really promising.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
During the game I was thinking if Pirri scores another goal this game I will be flat out impressed. Now I'm just scratching my head. How this guy doesn't get enough credit is beyond me. Aside from making the smooth transition to the wing, he has been on an absolute tear. 6 goals and 7 points in his past 7 games. Dude is looking really promising.

yeah and Barkov too. Gonna be fun listening to NHL radio tomorrow morning. there is a guy On fantasy point every Friday that raves about Barkov. definitely a pirri mention coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad