Pre-Game Talk: 2/4 7 PM - Maple Leafs at BRUINS - NESN, CBC, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
This is a game the Bruins have to win in regulation. The Leafs are on a 3 game losing streak and have looked awful the past week.

b0G9KjR.jpg

bDH9Erd.jpg

lrjwPks.jpg

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...eary-bruins/zQsHgfQkJZ8fn00B65QgfO/story.html

They face a must-win situation on Saturday against the Maple Leafs, who are three points behind with six games in hand.

Bergeron’s availability for the game is unknown.

Last edited:

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
The Leafs are impressive this season other than their last two games where they got blown out. Their PK and PP are very good.

Hopefully the Bruins play with desperation and win in regulation - it is like a 4-point game in a sense.

Let's go Bruins!!! Hopefully a full roster again - would that be 3 games this season?

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Almost every team behind us in the division is on a losing streak right now...hopefully the B's take advantage

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
If we lose this one we should pack it in for the year. Sellers at deadline, start building for next year. Discard what we won't need going forward.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
If we lose this one we should pack it in for the year. Sellers at deadline, start building for next year. Discard what we won't need going forward.

Hopefully the sight of these towels will inspire the Canadian born players on the Bruins.

product-1_1_1024x1024.png

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Game of the year so far...hope for a great response from the Bruins, don't let the home fans down again.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
A regulation loss and the Bs should start worrying about next year.

This. Just straight up this.

Nothing would irritate me more than seeing them on the cusp, enter the trade deadline, trade picks for a guy like Vernon Fiddler & another #6th d-man only to get bounced or not make it at all.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
the 5 games in hand is a killer.

A killer for the Leafs? The last week of the season, they will be playing 5 games in 7 days. They said last week that they were starting a 32 games in 63 days stretch or something like that. Let's see how they hold up with that busy Schedule. They just lost 3 games in a row in regulation for the first time of the season.

In the next two weeks, the Leafs will play 4 more games than the Bruins. We'll see how many points they will be ahead/behind the Bruins on February 19th. They will only have 1 game in hand at that point and the field will be leveled.

If Bruins win tomorrow, they will have 5 more points than the Leafs. A loss and that lead would only be 1pt. Huge game.

But in the end, if the Bruins can't get more points after 82 games than Toronto, Florida, Detroit, Buffalo and TB, then they don't deserve to make the playoffs in that very weak division and have a favorable first round matchup againts Ottawa.

Go B's!!!

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
A killer for the Leafs? The last week of the season, they will be playing 5 games in 7 days. They said last week that they were starting a 32 games in 63 days stretch or something like that. Let's see how they hold up with that busy Schedule. They just lost 3 games in a row in regulation for the first time of the season.

In the next two weeks, the Leafs will play 4 more games than the Bruins. We'll see how many points they will be ahead/behind the Bruins on February 19th. They will only have 1 game in hand at that point and the field will be leveled.

If Bruins win tomorrow, they will have 5 more points than the Leafs. A loss and that lead would only be 1pt. Huge game.

But in the end, if the Bruins can't get more points after 82 games than Toronto, Florida, Detroit, Buffalo and TB, then they don't deserve to make the playoffs in that very weak division and have a favorable first round matchup againts Ottawa.

Go B's!!!

I would rather play habs then Ottawa whom I think are going to catch Montreal.And that to me is hard to say cause Bruins have a huge career advantage vs Ottawa.Habs to me are not near what their fans think they are.Flyers took away centre ice last nite and just slammed the door holding them to mere 16 shots.

Last edited:

ElkabombKid9

May 18, 2007
Boston

I think they should do that regardless. I so hope DS doesn't buy junk at the deadline per usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad