Proposal: #2/3 D-Man to NYR

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
How about Nash not Miller

Ducks have a forward to move back that makes a descent amount ?
Yet again, Nash is not worth Vatanen in any possible way.
If a guy like Miller is not coming back then there's just no trade here.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Short of you finding another PG to deal with, no one is giving you a defenseman with franchise upside for either of those players.

Hahahahahaha right. Because Lindholm isn't overhyped by ducks fans.

Very good player, but franchise defenseman? Now you're putting him on a level Doughty, Weber, Subban, Keith, Karlsson and the like?

Give me a break.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia

Very good player, but franchise defenseman? Now you're putting him on a level Doughty, Weber, Subban, Keith, Karlsson and the like?

Give me a break.

You seem to have taken a long enough break already. That is his upside. That is not considered a controversial statement around the league.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Give me a break.

Maybe have a peak at the countless Lindholm threads from the off season and you'll realize it's more than just Ducks fans who hold him in that regard. There's no forward on your team who gets you within a sniff of acquiring Lindholm.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
You seem to have taken a long enough break already. That is his upside. That is not considered a controversial statement around the league.

Upside. He's not at that level.

Go ahead and argue that all you want, but he's not and not close.

Again, a very good defenseman, but not on THAT level.

Maybe have a peak at the countless Lindholm threads from the off season and you'll realize it's more than just Ducks fans who hold him in that regard. There's no forward on your team who gets you within a sniff of acquiring Lindholm.

That's fine by me, I would never trade the price that you would pay for a true elite defenseman for a guy who isn't there yet and may never get there.

He's not Keith, Doughty, Karlsson, Hedman, Weber or anyone else on that level.

He's very good, not saying he's bad, but you're prognosticating upside and trying to sell off something for a price tag that it simply doesn't warrant yet. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. I don't know.

However, I can tell you one thing... Right now, he's not.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Upside. He's not at that level.

Go ahead and argue that all you want, but he's not and not close.

Again, a very good defenseman, but not on THAT level.

That's fine by me, I would never trade the price that you would pay for a true elite defenseman for a guy who isn't there yet and may never get there.

He's not Keith, Doughty, Karlsson, Hedman, Weber or anyone else on that level.

He's very good, not saying he's bad, but you're prognosticating upside and trying to sell off something for a price tag that it simply doesn't warrant yet. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. I don't know.

However, I can tell you one thing... Right now, he's not.

But he does has franchise dman upside, which is what Exit Dose said.

No one is saying he is currently at their level, most around here would agree he has the potential to get there. Hence the use of the term "defenseman with franchise upside".

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
But he does has franchise dman upside, which is what Exit Dose said.

No one is saying he is currently at their level, most around here would agree he has the potential to get there. Hence the use of the term "defenseman with franchise upside".

I understand that.

What I've stated is that you're asking for the price that one would pay for someone on that level, which isn't going to work.

With all of this said, it's a moot point as Anaheim isn't looking to trade him and I don't blame them.

scratchhayes*

Mar 24, 2016

Vatanan couldn't lift Miller's jock strap. Keep him. He's not that good. He's a small, inconsistent, defenseman. Ducks window has completely closed. Skjei is already much better than Vatanen. Last time I checked, 17 point, small defenseman weren't bringing back one of the better two way forwards in the league. Geez.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I understand that.

What I've stated is that you're asking for the price that one would pay for someone on that level, which isn't going to work.

With all of this said, it's a moot point as Anaheim isn't looking to trade him and I don't blame them.

If a team has no interest in moving a potential franchise dman, you're going to have to pay a franchise type return just to get a conversation going.

In the rare event that such a player becomes available, you're still going to have to pay an astronomical price to beat out all the other teams in need of a (potential) franchise dman.

I think it's safe to say that the Ducks would never entertain any offer for Lindholm unless it was one that valued him as a franchise D. That's not a ridiculous statement at all, just the reality of supply and demand when it comes to elite defensemen. None of your forwards carry that type of value, none of ours do either.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
I have no clue what buchnevich value but would something around him for edler work.

If Edler was 22yrs old and RHD maybe. But he isn't....... so no, not even close. I think the days of the Rangers buying 30+yr old vets at the deadline for youth are over.

Buchnevich is the Rangers top young forward, he is the future for this team atm. I'd say he is untouchable.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016

I think Miller has valued himself out of any trade talk with his play. I don't see the Rangers moving him.

FoxyClean

Gets The Tough Pucks Out
Sep 19, 2016
Brooklyn
Stepan for Martinez+

OR

Stepan+ for Muzzin

I don't think the Rangers would go after Martinez, for...reasons.

Something around Stepan and Muzzin would be very interesting though. I heard a couple months ago that Muzzin has been having a down year, is that still the case?

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
Shattenkirk alone won't make us an elite Defense. Also, we need help THIS season if we want to get anywhere.

Trading stepan for muzzin won't change that.

Zib hasn't been very good since returning from injury and I don't see AV playing McD - Muzzin 30+ a game.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
You spelled Nash wrong.

I wouldn't trade either of the Dman for Nash. He's overpaid and declining. And we already have 2 guys like that.

I don't think the Rangers would go after Martinez, for...reasons.

Something around Stepan and Muzzin would be very interesting though. I heard a couple months ago that Muzzin has been having a down year, is that still the case?

The problem with Muzzin this year is he is paired with Martinez. They are both LHD and do the same job. So they get caught in this (you do it; no I'll do it; oh no! We both did the same thing at the same time and now are out of position). Recently he has gotten to play with Doughty and LaDue and looked very good. It's just he can't gel with Martinez and that is who Sutter likes to play him with now that Forbort and Doughty play so well together. I think a Muzzin for Stepan swap would be good for both teams. Maybe....

Muzzin + Clifford for Stepan + pick + prospect

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad