Proposal: 2/3/4 Defenseman to EDM

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I could get behind Dumba for your 1st. Wild take on some salary too to get it done. He’s been arguably our best defenseman this year but he’s gotta go due to expansion.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I could get behind Dumba for your 1st. Wild take on some salary too to get it done. He’s been arguably our best defenseman this year but he’s gotta go due to expansion.

I like Dumba, but honestly our left side needs the help more than the right.

Bear and Bouchard are the present and future on the right for us.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
The offer from Edmonton would make the Ducks hang up, the ask from Anaheim would make the Oilers hang up.
I think Edmonton could make a very fair offer in a deal for Lindholm. I don't see the ducks wanting to move him though unless the season is shot or he wants to go. I think he'll stay.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Yeah can’t help you there. Sorry
How is Ryan Suter these days? I know he has a contract that probably scares most Oil fans, but I know he's been a minute munching machine in Minnesota and if he's still there I'd be interested in what the options might be.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I think Edmonton could make a very fair offer in a deal for Lindholm. I don't see the ducks wanting to move him though unless the season is shot or he wants to go. I think he'll stay.

Oh I'm not saying the offer from Edmonton wouldn't be fair, but that I think the Ducks would be looking for more than fair value to move him. He's the #1 d-man and is elite on the defensive end (offensive consistency is what's keeping him from being elite) and having him in a few years to help Dyrsdale would be massive.

Reactions: GOilers88

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
How is Ryan Suter these days? I know he has a contract that probably scares most Oil fans, but I know he's been a minute munching machine in Minnesota and if he's still there I'd be interested in what the options might be.
He’s really good still. Number one defenseman in this league all these years later still. I’d move him if he would waive, but I would need a haul to do it. He’s probably still a top pair defenseman for a few years yet, and his brain will keep him in a top 4 until he retires.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
i could get behind letting suter go. whats the offer?

Suter is going to cost a fair amount...

Suter + Rossi + 2nd

for

Drai

expensive.

Last edited:

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
What ecxctly do you think Yamamoto value is in terms of 1 for 1 for D trade?
Because we are talking about 26 years old Top3 defencemean on one of better D cores signed for 4mln per year for 4 years.

Not trading Yamamoto. I’d give you two 2nds for Toews.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Dermott would be a solid add for the Oilers and could play in the top 4 easily. He won't put up a ton of points but he's become very solid defensively with a very good outlet pass and he can rush the puck as well.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Do you really think "pay to play" equals getting back the reigning Art Ross winner?

I think pay to play implies, realizing you cant Keep 2 #1 centers and expect to be able to build a championship team without moving one. (unless youre pittsburg) I wasnt stating the oilers would move him, or even that it was fair value. I was saying that suter is our #1D and that is the type of deal it would require to pry him away, not the exact deal.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I would think Edmonton would be looking at a futures based package around someone like Suter. I'm sure most Oil fans will see Suter is 36 and immediately want nothing to do with anything valuable for him, but the guy has been an absolute rock his entire career and if the few Minny fans here are correct it sounds like he still is.

If it's Drai or bust then that's fine, thanks for answering lol.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
I would think Edmonton would be looking at a futures based package around someone like Suter. I'm sure most Oil fans will see Suter is 36 and immediately want nothing to do with anything valuable for him, but the guy has been an absolute rock his entire career and if the few Minny fans here are correct it sounds like he still is.

If it's Drai or bust then that's fine, thanks for answering lol.

wasnt saying drai or bust. Just showing how hes valued.

keglu

Jul 11, 2014
Not trading Yamamoto. I’d give you two 2nds for Toews.

My question was who is Yamamoto equivalent in terms of 1 to 1 trade for D.
Dont think Avs are interested in trading Toews anyway.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
wasnt saying drai or bust. Just showing how hes valued.
Would any combination of 1st round picks and prospects work?

The thought of moving a 1st + Broberg for him does scare me as well given his age, despite what I just wrote above, and fellow HFOilers would not like seeing Holloway's name out there for this one.

Samorukov/Lavoie/Nuge (with an extension) of any interest? I don't mean that as a package either, just as possible pieces. I feel like it's a rhetorical question but I'm really not sure how to value Suter.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If Suter was going to Edmonton, it would be Broberg+ coming back. Not RNH.
I think pay to play implies, realizing you cant Keep 2 #1 centers and expect to be able to build a championship team without moving one. (unless youre pittsburg) I wasnt stating the oilers would move him, or even that it was fair value. I was saying that suter is our #1D and that is the type of deal it would require to pry him away, not the exact deal.

No it's not. It was a bad move bringing up Draisaitl in any capacity in this thread, but you certainly don't do it just because someone mentions Suter. The type of defenseman you'd need to include to even bring up Draisaitl is Makar, maybe Hughes or Heiskanen. And even then, the Oilers don't do it.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I know Broberg is likely best known commodity in Edmonton as far as prospects go but I really think Samorukov is going to surprise people and wouldn't scoff at him in a return instead of Bro. But I understand why Minny fans would say no.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Some of us Like RNH and would probably consider a deal involving him resigned and picks or prospects.

Bigger question is, would he ever waive.

RNH doesn't have any trade protection.

But that being said, if he's resigning, 1) we're going to keep him and 2) he won't be available for picks and prospects.

If he won't sign, the offer would need to start with a first and then more from there, I would think. I do see you have two firsts, which is interesting.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

No it's not. It was a bad move bringing up Draisaitl in any capacity in this thread, but you certainly don't do it just because someone mentions Suter. The type of defenseman you'd need to include to even bring up Draisaitl is Makar, maybe Hughes or Heiskanen. And even then, the Oilers don't do it.

Hughes is a big fat no. Can't play a lick of defence.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Dermott would be a solid add for the Oilers and could play in the top 4 easily. He won't put up a ton of points but he's become very solid defensively with a very good outlet pass and he can rush the puck as well.

Yeah... he's not a 2/3 type the OP is looking for. He's more of the same as we have. We are looking closer to Muzzin/Brodie.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Hughes is a big fat no. Can't play a lick of defence.

Just spitballing the type of names. Not trying to find common ground.

RNH doesn't have any trade protection.

But that being said, if he's resigning, 1) we're going to keep him and 2) he won't be available for picks and prospects.

If he won't sign, the offer would need to start with a first and then more from there, I would think. I do see you have two firsts, which is interesting.

I think he was talking about something around a signed RNH+picks or prospects for Suter (+?).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad