GDT: 2/28/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It was Gulutzans penalty just served by Tkachuk.

My B, remembered Tkachuk jawing after one of his penalties and assumed it was that. Either way the other flames had been giving it to the refs good prior to the weak embellishment call that Gaudreau went off about.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
My B, remembered Tkachuk jawing after one of his penalties and assumed it was that. Either way the other flames had been giving it to the refs good prior to the weak embellishment call that Gaudreau went off about.

I am pretty sure it was Gulutzan yelling and then his mocking clap.

Tkachuk often serves those type of penalties because he doesn't kill penalties and they want him on the ice when the penalty is over.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Its going to be 13-15 the lottery protection aspect is so overrated.

Just people trying to overreact for the sake of overreacting.

What if that pick wins the lottery? Even on the off chance, you protect it or at least put a condition like if the pick is 1-5 then it moves to 2019.

Reactions: Devonator

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Granted I haven't watched every game, but he hasn't been that good. Not a first and two seconds good.

He certainly has.

Take a look at the prices for rentals at the deadline that are worse players than him.

That trade is fine and I would do that deal over again every day of the week.

Reactions: Elias Pettersson

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
There was a lot of hype around that deal and from what I've seen of him he nothing more than an above average dman. The media really made him sound like he was an awesome game changing defenseman.

You must have read a ton of different things than I did and as a Flames fan I read and heard a lot of talk and never saw anything close to that.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Wow im just seeing now that the Canucks have 48 shots!? thats crazy.

North

Jun 25, 2009
He certainly has.

Take a look at the prices for rentals at the deadline that are worse players than him.

That trade is fine and I would do that deal over again every day of the week.

And if that pick turns out to win the lottery? You still do that trade every day of the week?

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
And if that pick turns out to win the lottery? You still do that trade every day of the week?

The chances of that happening is 2% right now.

If I trade for Crosby and give up a 4th and a 5th round pick and they turn out to be Benn and Gaudreau do I talk about how bad that deal was and hold off making the deal based on the tiny chance that something bad happens?

If the Isles get insanely lucky with the lottery balls then good for them that seems like a pretty silly thing to hold against the Flames.

Since there is no chance they can predict what will happen or really should plan on worrying about the 2% something occurs.

So yes I would still do that deal over again but there is very little chance that Calgary would have won the lottery if they kept the pick.

North

Jun 25, 2009

If I trade for Crosby and give up a 4th and a 5th round pick and they turn out to be Benn and Gaudreau do I talk about how bad that deal was and hold off making the deal based on the tiny chance that something bad happens?

If the Isles get insanely lucky with the lottery balls then good for them that seems like a pretty silly thing to hold against the Flames.

Since there is no chance they can predict what will happen or really should plan on worrying about the 2% something occurs.

So yes I would still do that deal over again but there is very little chance that Calgary would have won the lottery if they kept the pick.

You can hold the fact that it wasn't protected against Treliving. I mean even Cheveldayoff put in a condition for the Stastny trade that if the pick was 1-3 (highly unlikely seeing as where the Jets are this season) then it would move to 2019.

Frankly it's embarrassing that Treliving didn't do that.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton

patrickflyers.jpg

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
You can hold the fact that it wasn't protected against Treliving. I mean even Cheveldayoff put in a condition for the Stastny trade that if the pick was 1-3 (highly unlikely seeing as where the Jets are this season) then it would move to 2019.

Frankly it's embarrassing that Treliving didn't do that.

It really isn't embarrassing at all.

Again right now it is a 2% chance. It sounds cool for people to rail about it but there is such an absolute minute chance of it happening that it isn't worth thinking about.

I have zero issue with Treliving not putting the protection there and when it comes up and the Isles are making their second pick of the 1st round because their god awful defense doesn't have a clue how to defend and are missing a quality top 4 defender in the 14-20 range I am sure most will have forgotten about it as well.

North

Jun 25, 2009
It really isn't embarrassing at all.

Again right now it is a 2% chance. It sounds cool for people to rail about it but there is such an absolute minute chance of it happening that it isn't worth thinking about.

I have zero issue with Treliving not putting the protection there and when it comes up and the Isles are making their second pick of the 1st round because their god awful defense doesn't have a clue how to defend and are missing a quality top 4 defender in the 14-20 range I am sure most will have forgotten about it as well.

Nobody will forget if the first round pick the Calgary Flames traded for Travis Hamonic nets the Isles Dahlin.

It's not hard to protect a pick. When you trade for a d man like Hamonic who isn't elite at anything it should just be common sense that you make sure you aren't giving up a potential first overall pick.

Who cares what the odds are right now. The Flames are not playing well. Those odds could well be higher by the end of the season.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Nobody will forget if the first round pick the Calgary Flames traded for Travis Hamonic nets the Isles Dahlin.

It's not hard to protect a pick. When you trade for a d man like Hamonic who isn't elite at anything it should just be common sense that you make sure you aren't giving up a potential first overall pick.

Who cares what the odds are right now. The Flames are not playing well. Those odds could well be higher by the end of the season.

Not really maybe Colombus catches them but most other teams are far enough back and they aren't playing that badly, St. Louis for example seems more likely to drop below them than teams jumping ahead of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad