GDT: 2/28/13 "Take A Slice" - Sabres VS Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Theodore and Clemmensen should just not play anymore, and Markstrom should be up here.

If they can't trade Theodore/don't want to absorb Clemmer's remaining salary, cool. Keep 3 goalies on the roster then. Who are we making room for? Scottie ****ing Upshall?

This is just a joke at this point.

I'm all for giving the veterans somewhat of a chance, but they've consistently been below average to absolutely terrible this year.

One has to go. I want it to be Clemmenson because there is ZERO chance he can be a full time stop gap for Markstrom. I agree that this is Markstroms time to shine and he showed it when he was up here. I honestly think that stupid game Clemm won against Philly is the reason Markstrom was sent down. Horrible management this year by Tallon. Signing Kuba and Kovalev and giving Clemmenson a two year contract was beyond foolish. As for Theodore, you know I'm a fanboy of his but its bad when even I cringe everytime the puck is shot at our net. He usually shines in the shootout and he just gave Vanek that first shot by going down in the butterfly WAY to early and half assed the next. Something's wrong with him right now. If its age, he won't last another year playing this way.

Ekblast

"We're still learning." -Coach Brunette.
Nov 9, 2002
Flori-duh
www.Reddit.com
Okay, I'll up the ante.

Weiss + Kuba + Theo/clemmers for Luongo. (Then release/buyout/trade whoever is left at seasons end) and Let Marky back Luongo for a few years.

Also, would love a 4x4 OT, followed by a 3x3 OT, then the shoot out.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
they make a weak call on us which they could have called the Buffalo player for diving, PP leads to a goal for Buffalo. No call as Huber gets tackled at the 1yd line, killing our chance at sustaining the pressure in the offensive zone. And then they call Kopecky for diving to make up for not calling the dive on the Buffalo player on the first call?

I'd rather dress some cones in stripes and put them out there to ref the game. At least it would be called even then. :sarcasm:

:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
We don't want Roberto's enormous contract. If we can save money in net with Markstrom then we can hopefully spend it elsewhere. This is really the first time for as long as I can remember that we've had a goaltending problem.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Okay, I'll up the ante.

Weiss + Kuba + Theo/clemmers for Luongo. (Then release/buyout/trade whoever is left at seasons end) and Let Marky back Luongo for a few years.

:shakehead It's Markstrom's time to LEAD this team in goal. If you could make that trade work then I'd do it barrng Markstrom signs for 5yrs under $3.5 million per year. I'd spend $10million a year on the best goalie tandem in the league. Luongo could be traded or bought out 3-4years down the road.

Jovo, Upshall and Kuba = over $10million a year :(

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Erin Brown ‏@rinkside

#FlaPanthers Weiss: "It's a little better feeling coming into the room at the end of the game with one point instead of none."

This is exactly why he isn't/shouldn't be the captain of this team. I don't understand how you could be anywhere near satisfied with getting 1 point tonight. I realized they worked hard, blah blah, but the goal should be getting 2 pts every game, anything else should be unacceptable.

Also, maybe this mindset explains why we have a million loser points over the past few years.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Really? I was at the game. Of course there were a lot of people cheering when Buffalo scored, but the overall crowd was definitely for Florida. Were the chants not heard on TV?

Very decent crowd for a weekday vs the other worst team in the league. crowd was loud and did well fighting off the buff fans. Easier to do if you win tho.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Some thoughts from the game
1) NHL Refs are a complete joke. And it doesn't matter what game you watch you see horrendous calls both ways every game.

2) this team really lacks toughness they were getting plastered all night and not fighting back. Was nice to see Hubs keep hitting the guy after he got hit until he drew a penalty.

3) Kuba sucks.

4) Our goalies are **** this year find a way to get rid of one of them and get Marky up ASAP. Hell put one of them on IR with beach ball-itis.

5) get Weiss gone he just doesn't want to be here he looked awful tonight.

6) kid line is great they work together better and play harder than any over line and its not even close.

7) At least we got a point.

spot on.

Erick*

One of these years, Yormark's team slogan will be, "at least we got a point."

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
I was at the game it not goaltending its defense-there is no system or coaching design whatsoever.

Right now our defensive system is let guys walk in and take incredible shots on our goalie or flop around and deflect pucks right onto the stick of the opposing player who has a wide open net.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Some thoughts from the game
1) NHL Refs are a complete joke. And it doesn't matter what game you watch you see horrendous calls both ways every game.

2) this team really lacks toughness they were getting plastered all night and not fighting back. Was nice to see Hubs keep hitting the guy after he got hit until he drew a penalty.

3) Kuba sucks.

4) Our goalies are **** this year find a way to get rid of one of them and get Marky up ASAP. Hell put one of them on IR with beach ball-itis.

5) get Weiss gone he just doesn't want to be here he looked awful tonight.

6) kid line is great they work together better and play harder than any over line and its not even close.

7) At least we got a point.

Every point that you made was exactly what I was going to say being at the game tonight and noticing the fan reaction and atmosphere of what was going on in the game.

It was really a shame to lose this one when almost doubling the Sabres in shots. Hell, we were lucky that Campbell scored the tieing goal just to get a point. Sure the refs sucked in the 1st period, but we had plenty of chances to tie it up and more for two periods.

Overall, what concerns me the most is goaltending and how freaking inconsistent it is. Clemmensen played great in his previous two appearances and lets in 3 goals on 10 shots tonight. Theodore plays terrible against the Pens and plays very well tonight. I just don't get it. I wish we could bring Markstrom up now. I don't care if he's not fully ready and I don't think it would hurt his development, but our goaltending tandem is beyond dreadful at this point.

Our actual minimal chances of having a postseason are pretty much going to come down to the next five games all being against divisional opponents. Honestly, just thinking about it makes me nervous as hell.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Very decent crowd for a weekday vs the other worst team in the league. crowd was loud and did well fighting off the buff fans. Easier to do if you win tho.

Yeah. It wasn't bad at all for a weeknight and there were a lot less Buffalo fans than I expected. The Panthers fans were more into it than usual and didn't have to work hard to drown the Buffalo chants out.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Theodore and Clemmensen should just not play anymore, and Markstrom should be up here.

If they can't trade Theodore/don't want to absorb Clemmer's remaining salary, cool. Keep 3 goalies on the roster then. Who are we making room for? Scottie ****ing Upshall?

This is just a joke at this point.

I'm all for giving the veterans somewhat of a chance, but they've consistently been below average to absolutely terrible this year.
It really is starting to piss me off. If we were out of it, I wouldn't care. But believe it or not, we're still in this because the division is so bad. The next few games will be critical. Why is our best goaltender in the minors? And clearly, he is the best. There's not even an argument that can be made for either Theo or Clem who are inconsistent and just not starting material anymore. When he first got sent down, I figured a Theo trade was coming in the next few days. Now that it hasn't happened, I'm really getting aggravated.

If they continue to let our best goalie sit in the minors when they still have a chance it the division, that is just a slap in the face to fans who have been faithful to this team for so long. There is absolutely no excuse not to have him here right now.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
We deserved a better fate tonight.

Buffalo is worse than us and we dominated tonight. We were by far the better team, we should have won.

Disappointed that we didn't get the two points tonight. We outworked them big time and winning tonight would've given us a big confidence boost.

Buffalo is literally 3 players, Vanek, Pominville and Miller. They are a very, VERY bad hockey team.

Panthers607

What happened to Weaver?

"[Weaver] is going to be out an extended amount of time,'' Dineen said. "It's going to be quite a while by the looks of it.''

Robak going back in?

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
One of these years, Yormark's team slogan will be, "at least we got a point."

We should all tweet ideas to him or come up with a thread for a season slogan.
We may be poor, our goalies may stink, we spent 4 million on a traffic cone but damnit at least we got a point!! Red OTLing

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
Even after sucking, we still technically have a decent shot at making the playoffs thanks to our division. With that said, it's still going to take at least a winning streak instead of the 1 points here and there...unfortunately, this team is incapable of getting a win streak going therefore we simply are t making the playoffs, and we'll probably end up with the 4-6 pick at the draft which is not bad

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Even after sucking, we still technically have a decent shot at making the playoffs thanks to our division. With that said, it's still going to take at least a winning streak instead of the 1 points here and there...unfortunately, this team is incapable of getting a win streak going therefore we simply are t making the playoffs, and we'll probably end up with the 4-6 pick at the draft which is not bad

If we don't call up Markstrom we truly know the org doesn't care about putting the best team out there.

That is it in a nutshell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad