GDT: 2/26/13 - 7:30PM EDT - Buffalo VS Tampa Bay

Mr Underhill

Jan 25, 2007
They already abused it and the other teams know where he's going to be.

And when they abused it Stamkos scored a million PP goals. And if the other team overplays it than that would create an opening somewhere else.

Is our PP working the way they are running it now?

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
It amazes me how little people actually watch of the game. Lee had the penalty early which he deserved as he rushed the clearance. The pass in front was a dumb play but didn't lead to a goal. Besides that he played fantastic, was our most physical player, moved the puck out of the zone well, he just needs to start collecting dpme points.

I watched the entire game. Lee was AGAIN, the worst defenseman. By far.

It makes me laugh when I see EE or someone saying Lee had one good shift. So one good shift makes up for the rest of his shifts where he did nothing but make dumb plays and turn the puck over or lose his guy?

I have no idea what you are watching hen you say he was good. You do know he wears 15 right?

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
They dominated this game. Start to finish.

They just don't bury their chances at all. And the sabres took advantage of the very few chances they had.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

It makes me laugh when I see EE or someone saying Lee had one good shift. So one good shift makes up for the rest of his shifts where he did nothing but make dumb plays and turn the puck over or lose his guy?

I have no idea what you are watching hen you say he was good. You do know he wears 15 right?

Did you not see Hedman last night? He had his worst game of the year. Carle didn't exactly look stellar either, and he doesn't bring anything physically. Lee made a couple of mistakes but neither lead to a goal. He lead the team in blocked shoots and hits, he's doing what a bottom pair guy is expected to.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Did you not see Hedman last night? He had his worst game of the year. Carle didn't exactly look stellar either, and he doesn't bring anything physically. Lee made a couple of mistakes but neither lead to a goal. He lead the team in blocked shoots and hits, he's doing what a bottom pair guy is expected to.

I did see Hedman last night. And he did have his worst game of the year. Which was still light years better than Lees best game. Go figure.

Blocked shots because he gave the puck away and tried to make up for it. And leading the team in hits when no one really hits isn't all that impressive.

No idea why you feel Lee is a good hockey player. Let alone that you need to defen him.

CSampson

Apr 8, 2009
I can't watch Boucher after these kind of losses anymore. He just talks about how they should have won. Oh we had 19 scoring chances and they had 8...that is great. But you didn't. ****ing. win. Good teams find a way. Bad teams are perennial losers. And Tampa can't find ways to win...

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
I can't watch Boucher after these kind of losses anymore. He just talks about how they should have won. Oh we had 19 scoring chances and they had 8...that is great. But you didn't. ****ing. win. Good teams find a way. Bad teams are perennial losers. And Tampa can't find ways to win...

As much as I love Boucher, that is really starting to bother me as well.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Are you expecting him to bash his team publicly instead? In almost three years with Yzerman and Boucher we have learned that they will give the media either the usual cookie-cutter stuff (positives) to write about or nothing. Anything else stays internal. I'm pretty sure he isn't all "oh well, but we should've won, guyz" in the locker room.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
I don't have a problem with Boucher, but what really hurts me is, we have the coach, who is lightyears ahead of every other coach when it comes to mentality training and the obsession to win. And we will most likely loose him this summer :cry:

I wouldn't have a problem with Boucher without Cooper, because I think we have the perfect team for Cooper, high-end skill on EVERY position, but no mental thoughness. I will really cry when he leaves the organisation to get his much deserved NHL job.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Are you expecting him to bash his team publicly instead? In almost three years with Yzerman and Boucher we have learned that they will give the media either the usual cookie-cutter stuff (positives) to write about or nothing. Anything else stays internal. I'm pretty sure he isn't all "oh well, but we should've won, guyz" in the locker room.

I guess I never really thought of that. You are right.

On another note, he had better address that Power Play. It wasn't that bad once we got entry, they just knew what we were going to do with it, when. Miller foresaw the one-timers to Stammer. We need to stop being fancy. The passing looks nice, but when the puck doesn't go in the net, and we go 0/6, then... Idk what to tell you.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
I don't have a problem with Boucher, but what really hurts me is, we have the coach, who is lightyears ahead of every other coach when it comes to mentality training and the obsession to win. And we will most likely loose him this summer :cry:

I wouldn't have a problem with Boucher without Cooper, because I think we have the perfect team for Cooper, high-end skill on EVERY position, but no mental thoughness. I will really cry when he leaves the organisation to get his much deserved NHL job.

Agreed. SFY need to somehow switch these two so that Cooper is with the Lightning. I do not think we need to get rid of Boucher just send him to Syracuse and tell the guys to "keep doing what Jon told you to do"

DangleDoppler

Jul 14, 2009
I wish I lived in Tampa because going to these showings by the Bolts is becoming even more daunting and tedious because I live in Orlando.

Hopefully we get some positive momentum, and soon.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
I wish I lived in Tampa because going to these showings by the Bolts is becoming even more daunting and tedious because I live in Orlando.

The fans have been nothing short of amazing. Selling out every home game is amazing. Wish the on ice product were worthy of that kind of support.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL

Same here. I'm glad I had class until 8:50 last night because going to that game would've been a waste of 6 hours.

nhljohnson

Jul 4, 2006

You're letting your prior opinion cloud your judgement. It wasn't perfect but Lee did deliver a solid showing. I think that's what Erlendsson was driving at. You may not want that to be the case, but it is so. You simply can't knock Lee for his effort without dinging pretty much everybody else on the blueline, perhaps Aulie excluded.

He did make a poor pass in his own end by in the 3rd, attempting a backhand touch pass from the side of the Lightning net to forwards circling low but it was off-line, right up the middle, and ended up a glorious scoring chance for Buffalo. Bad execution, nearly disastrous result but, down a goal late in the game, you can understand why he didn't play it safe.

Last edited:

daze

Feb 23, 2013
Florida

Yeah. I stay in Jacksonville for now so that would've sucked. Oh well, still makin the trip for the Carolina game on the 16th. Garon has owned the Canes this year so hopefully I don't ruin that

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Man am I sick hearing about Brian Lee. This is a huge red herring Lee is not the problem with this team, a lack of toughness is the problem with this team. We need some warriors on this team. Angeledis for the fourth line and PK duty, and Gudas for 3 defensive pairing and his nasty edge is required. Teams must love playing against this team. Conacher can be surrounded by 3 Bruins with Chara punching him in the head and no response by a single Bolt. He is bounced around by Letang all night and no response by a Bolt. Stamkos get roughed up at the end of a shift and only Conacher is there, the Sabres must of been laughing at that.
I love Panik but he is not the type of player we required up here right now. We have plenty of skill and maybe Purcell can be packaged in a deal for Cory Perry. We need that type a forward to mix in with are skilled guys Imagine a Scott Hartnell type playing with Conacher and Stamkos. Maybe Bugsy can come back and supply that, but I'm not sure if he has anything left in the tank to give.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I think there's a general feeling that the refs go hard on the Lightning but I feel that if you're going to get penalized anyway, you might as well show them what a penalty is.

I'm not saying to play dirty, but there is an acceptable amount of situational nastiness that can keep everyone honest. If the refs aren't doing the right thing, what are you supposed to do?

Last edited:

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
I'm not sure why people are panicking, yeah they lost to a bad team but it's not like they played awful. Miller played a really good game and they had some bad luck with posts...it happens. I think they've been playing pretty good over the last week minus Lindback and some turnovers. I haven't felt they've been getting outplayed significantly in any of the recent losses. It's frustrating but I don't think they're far off from turning things around and getting some Ws.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
I'm not sure why people are panicking, yeah they lost to a bad team but it's not like they played awful. Miller played a really good game and they had some bad luck with posts...it happens. I think they've been playing pretty good over the last week minus Lindback and some turnovers. I haven't felt they've been getting outplayed significantly in any of the recent losses. It's frustrating but I don't think they're far off from turning things around and getting some Ws.

I agree I stated after yesterdays game that I thought the played well. I just feel you always have to better yourselves and team toughness is needed. We have become too easy to play against. If someone is going to take two points from us at least make it hurt !!!

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
I think there's a general feeling that the refs go hard on the Lightning but I feel that if you're going to get penalized anyway, you might as well show them what a penalty is.

I'm not saying to play dirty, but there is an acceptable amount of situational nastiness that can keep everyone honest. If the refs aren't doing the right thing, what are you supposed to do?

It's not dirty it's showing the "pack mentality". All Conacher did was put his arm around Kaleta and try to take him away from Stamkos. He wasn't about to take a penalty but at least he was letting him know this wasn't acceptable. All of the four other players should have been there as well.
The vast majority of great teams are exactly that "teams". All in it together and if you cheap shot one of us, you cheap shot us all. Do you think Chara needed help with Conacher ? I don't think so but two other players were there immediately !! The rest of the Bolts were heading for the bench. THIS IS NOT A TEAM !!!!

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Man am I sick hearing about Brian Lee. This is a huge red herring Lee is not the problem with this team, a lack of toughness is the problem with this team. We need some warriors on this team. Angeledis for the fourth line and PK duty, and Gudas for 3 defensive pairing and his nasty edge is required. Teams must love playing against this team. Conacher can be surrounded by 3 Bruins with Chara punching him in the head and no response by a single Bolt. He is bounced around by Letang all night and no response by a Bolt. Stamkos get roughed up at the end of a shift and only Conacher is there, the Sabres must of been laughing at that.
I love Panik but he is not the type of player we required up here right now. We have plenty of skill and maybe Purcell can be packaged in a deal for Cory Perry. We need that type a forward to mix in with are skilled guys Imagine a Scott Hartnell type playing with Conacher and Stamkos. Maybe Bugsy can come back and supply that, but I'm not sure if he has anything left in the tank to give.

I agree. No one answers the bell. It's what we brought Labrie in for, but he never did anything. I saw Angelidis in TWO fights against Albany, in ONE game! That was awesome. He's not afraid to stick up for his teammates and show the other team what's what. That's why he's the captain. Bring him up, he won't be afraid. Bring Gudas up, he won't be afraid to throw the body or fight either. We need toughness, this team is too soft. We can't have opposing teams bouncing our players around with no repercussion. That being said, Labrie is going to be back from his conditioning assignment tomorrow. Hopefully if the Rangers play a little rough, we can give it right back.

Crombeen was supposed to patrol and keep guys honest, but I feel his fights have no effect on the team, or just take energy away. Fights I think only energize teams if people are swinging away with reckless abandon or it's totally one-sided. Crombeen has only had one of these fights, and I don't remember who it was against. Both were swinging away.

We need to bury chances. We had sooooo many last night. This team had a finishing problem. But it is truly unacceptable to go 0/6 on the PP with the firepower we have. Unacceptable.

Last edited:

lost puck

Aug 15, 2007

Don't know if anyone is really panicking, think everyone is just pissed off that this team started so well, has this much talent but is 3-6-1 in the last ten. And at least two of those losses where from bottom feeder teams

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad