GDT: 2/22/15 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Colorado

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
This team is more than just the triplets. They score a bunch tonight and we still lose. It's not just all about the Triplets.

If that was the case, Lets just go with these lines...

18 - 9 - 86
18 - 9 - 86
18 - 9 - 86
18 - 9 - 86

Relax, he's saying they had a great game, scored the late goal, no one else including your boy was doing anything, might as well double shift TKO for the final minute.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Relax, he's saying they had a great game, scored the late goal, no one else including your boy was doing anything, might as well double shift TKO for the final minute.

If we rely on just one line to score, never going to get far into the playoffs. That is my point.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
They had just played a shift, coop went out with the Stamkos line. It was the right thing to do.

No it wasn't. Put out the only line that's been effective all game, and if you must have Stamkos out there, put him as the sixth skater.

This is the second time this has happened in like a week. TKO gets us within one with ~ a minute left, and then they're off the ice in favor of Stamkos. I'm ****ing tired of it. He gets the most minutes, he gets the best zone starts, he gets the prime opportunities, he gets the most PP time - meanwhile those three young guys outperform him night in and night out, carry this ****ing team offensively, and have to sit on the bench in favor of him.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
If we rely on just one line to score, never going to get far into the playoffs. That is my point.

K how about the only lines start scoring, until then lets use the line that you know, actually scores.

Killorn-Stamkos-Callahan
19:43, 19:59, 19:27 of ice time
-3, -3, -3

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
No it wasn't. Put out the only line that's been effective all game, and if you must have Stamkos out there, put him as the sixth skater.

This is the second time this has happened in like a week. TKO gets us within one with ~ a minute left, and then they're off the ice in favor of Stamkos. I'm ****ing tired of it. He gets the most minutes, he gets the best zone starts, he gets the prime opportunities, he gets the most PP time - meanwhile those three young guys outperform him night in and night out, carry this ****ing team offensively, and have to sit on the bench in favor of him.

Lets just trade Stamkos, make TKO the top line, and put Killorn - Flip - Callahan on the 2nd line, and call it a day.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Stamkos got a look and almost scored. C'mon.

And he didn't. Almost scoring is nice and all, but actually scoring is better.

Edit: If we're going to be giving out huge contracts for almost scoring, JT Brown is in for a HUGE ****ing raise.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Stamkos got a look and almost scored. C'mon.

Stamkos was fine this game. But TKO were outstanding (again). I don't know, maybe it was a fatigue issue. But if not, like FOY said, it would have been easy enough to go with TKO+Stamkos.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
So you're saying Varlamov lets in the exact same shot if it was Kucherov? That line did its job and got plenty of pressure and chances, they didn't exactly choke.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Stamkos was fine this game. But TKO were outstanding (again). I don't know, maybe it was a fatigue issue. But if not, like FOY said, it would have been easy enough to go with TKO+Stamkos.

I'm pretty sure TKO played last night too, that's not an excuse.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I admire that the TKO line tried to make up for their turnovers (the 1st goal was one of those), that's what you really want to see, that players after making an error want to make up for it and while it won't always work it did for them, let's just hope that the team learns from this and take these 4 days of to rest and keep practicing to fix the things they need to fix.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008

Edit: If we're going to be giving out huge contracts for almost scoring, JT Brown is in for a HUGE ****ing raise.

Actual scoring is better. And Stamkos has done it 10 more times than anyone else on the team.

You need a goal, I'll take my chances putting the 60 goal scorer on the ice. Your agenda is getting ridiculous.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Actual scoring is better. And Stamkos has done it 10 more times than anyone else on the team.

You need a goal, I'll take my chances putting the 60 goal scorer on the ice. Your agenda is getting ridiculous.

Once again, way to misrepresent my statement. I said I'd put Stamkos out there with TKO - I would not put his line out there, however.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL

So is this your new shtick now?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm pretty sure TKO played last night too, that's not an excuse.

I just meant in the last minute, where TKO had just come off the ice. Maybe they were fatigued a bit and that's why Coop kept them on the bench. I don't really know. If at all possible I'd have preferred them out there.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Once again, way to misrepresent my statement. I said I'd put Stamkos out there with TKO - I would not put his line out there, however.

Yeah, not what you said at all right?

Not at all what you said.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Nah I'd rather trade Callahan and keep TKO to make room for the incoming Stamkos raise.

Not trying to be a jerk here just trying to have a conversation and trying to joke around to soften this loss. I was only poking fun at FoY, but whatever. Think we all need to cool off a little. Sorry if I was out of line.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Come on. :shakehead Stammer is arguably the best goal scorer in the league. You'd be crazy to not have him out there in that situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad