GDT: 2/22/13 "Mark Their Territory" - Panthers VS Penguins

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Why is the Weiss line still playing the most minutes? Friggin' joke. Let him watch some games with Versteeg. I appreciate the loyalty, but Weiss is the main reason why this team is so bad right now. Every team has a #1 center; we have Stephen Weiss and his 4 points. At least he has a shot on net tonight. Make it 17 in 13 games. :shakehead

I second this

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Tap of the stick to Alien...37 saves against what looks like a SCF team.

Actually kudos to whole team on a solid try tonight.

The Weiss thing has to be resolved.

Erick*

Yeah we could really use his 3 points right now. :sarcasm:

Even with Garrison here, we can't even get set up most of the time.

The team this year is very similar to last year's. If anything, it's more talented offensively.

The main difference is the powerplay. Garrison bailed out the powerplay many times last year with his blast from the point. And he's still a lot better than Kuba who looks terrible this year.

I'm not saying we should've paid him, but it's a shame we couldn't get a much better replacement.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
I guess I'll take the split on the road against two tough teams, especially with our struggles lately, but it would've been nice to at least get a point here.

KittysGotClaws

We See Red
Dec 17, 2008
N of BB&T
He has a different role now on a better team.

He's still a better defenseman than most of the guys on our team.

He was more valuable to us than he is in Vancouver. We don't have a shot on the powerplay that's even a threat with the exception of Mueller maybe, who hasn't been given a shot to play the point. We still have to watch a guy like Kovalev play for some reason. Never in a million years did I ever think Kovalev would have a 4th line role with any team.

I agree with you. He was a better fit here. Virtually a luxury in Vancouver, though I think he'll eventually get back on the PP there.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Anyone else overhear Crosby and the ref talking during that Florida timeout?

REF: Make sure you leave that bribe money in my jeans, left pocket. We got Kopecky good there. You guys weren't converting so we had to call him on it.

CROSBY: Well we lost to Philly because of you guys, so thats a 10% discount.

REF: Allright, Allright, you're the boss, so that makes it $900 even then.

CROSBY: Deal! Are you coming down to Florida when we play them next week? Same deal?

REF: Oh ya I'll see ya then. Good game Boss

Nobody else heard this?

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
The team this year is very similar to last year's. If anything, it's more talented offensively.

The main difference is the powerplay. Garrison bailed out the powerplay many times last year with his blast from the point. And he's still a lot better than Kuba who looks terrible this year.

I'm not saying we should've paid him, but it's a shame we couldn't get a much better replacement.

Garrison hasn't done much for Van this year in the PP. Teams have figured him out.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
what was everyone expecting? Look at their lineup and look at ours. There is no team in the eastern conference where I can say we have the upper hand. Thats reality.

XO

Nov 4, 2009
How's Gudbranson done so far into this season and what do you expect of him in the future? Just curious as I don't watch many Panthers game and I'd like to know. Is he living up to his draft position?

donkshow

Aug 19, 2007
What are the odds of Markstrom being the starter the rest of the year? He looked great.

Erick*

Garrison hasn't done much for Van this year in the PP. Teams have figured him out.

He's just playing it less.

There's nothing to figure out. Players move around and setup his great slapshot. We no longer have that.

His 2 goals with less PP time is still more than whatever we're putting out there on the point opposite of Campbell right now.

The game was tied and we had a PP in the 3rd period. We did nothing. Last year, we would've scored and pulled out a point at the very least. That's basically the difference this year.

It's ok, though. I'll continue to root for wins. However, if we lose, it's nice to know that that's one less game of Kovalev and all the other has been's on the team. The young kids have been fun to watch.

Erick*

How's Gudbranson done so far into this season and what do you expect of him in the future? Just curious as I don't watch many Panthers game and I'd like to know. Is he living up to his draft position?

Not so far, no.

But he's improving, imo. I don't know how he'll pan out offensively, but he's become pretty steady defensively, imo. Not really a problem on this team. His physicality is also welcomed here considering he's the only one on the team who plays that way.

Erick*

What are the odds of Markstrom being the starter the rest of the year? He looked great.

The more the team loses, the better his chances of starting all year. Right now, it seems like all the goalies are being rotated so Clemmensen and Theodore are still getting playing time.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
But we haven't necessarily been great in net, and I saw Clemmer make a few nice saves. He was a huge part in the win yesterday, regardless of your stubborn opinions.

Eh, Erick is closer to a Clemmer supporter than a Clemmer basher

Erick*

But we haven't necessarily been great in net, and I saw Clemmer make a few nice saves. He was a huge part in the win yesterday, regardless of your stubborn opinions.

One guy said we would've lost 7-0 if not for Markstrom, and you said the same would've happened yesterday if not for Clemmensen. It's not a stubborn opinion; that's just false. We scored 5 goals yesterday...

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Tough opponent on short rest, no help from the officials, 3-1 loss sounds about right. On to the next one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad