GDT: 2/22/13 "Mark Their Territory" - Panthers VS Penguins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Anyone else overhear Crosby and the ref talking during that Florida timeout?

REF: Make sure you leave that bribe money in my jeans, left pocket. We got Kopecky good there. You guys weren't converting so we had to call him on it.

CROSBY: Well we lost to Philly because of you guys, so thats a 10% discount.

REF: Allright, Allright, you're the boss, so that makes it $900 even then.

CROSBY: Deal! Are you coming down to Florida when we play them next week? Same deal?

REF: Oh ya I'll see ya then. Good game Boss

Nobody else heard this?

It's got nothing to do with Crosby or the Penguins.

That play was the referees' way of saying "I forgot to blow the whistle." The puck went in the net because they were late on the whistle. That doesn't mean it wasn't a goal.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
It's got nothing to do with Crosby or the Penguins.

That play was the referees' way of saying "I forgot to blow the whistle." The puck went in the net because they were late on the whistle. That doesn't mean it wasn't a goal.

:laugh: I was more just trying to be sarcastic. The pens do get some questionable calls their way though. Kopecky played until he heard the whistle, you're told to do that in pee wee. We just didn't have enough in the tank and Markstrom held us in the game. Would have been nice to steal at least a point but onto the next one. We are playing better as of late but still some fine details to work on espcially in our own zone.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
:laugh: I was more just trying to be sarcastic. The pens do get some questionable calls their way though. Kopecky played until he heard the whistle, you're told to do that in pee wee. We just didn't have enough in the tank and Markstrom held us in the game. Would have been nice to steal at least a point but onto the next one. We are playing better as of late but still some fine details to work on espcially in our own zone.

Good post.

Markstrom named 3rd star.

Last edited:

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Our best players suck and the #1 reason our season has been disappointing. Weiss sucks. Campbell sucks. Theo was sucky. Flash is sucky. Versteeg is hurt but when he wasn't he sucked. We need them to stop sucking and we'd be okay because our kid line is picking up a ton of slack. Too bad we've dug ourselves into a deep hole.

Pantherfan12

Jun 26, 2006
Sunrise,Florida
Our best players suck and the #1 reason our season has been disappointing. Weiss sucks. Campbell sucks. Theo was sucky. Flash is sucky. Versteeg is hurt but when he wasn't he sucked. We need them to stop sucking and we'd be okay because our kid line is picking up a ton of slack. Too bad we've dug ourselves into a deep hole.

You can really tell who practiced during the lockout and who didn't. Weiss is hurt. Steeg is hurt and just when he was getting his game back,he got hurt again. I think Campbell looks lost because our D is lost. We need Markstrom in net from now on. Let him steal some games and let the confidence grow.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
You can really tell who practiced during the lockout and who didn't. Weiss is hurt. Steeg is hurt and just when he was getting his game back,he got hurt again. I think Campbell looks lost because our D is lost. We need Markstrom in net from now on. Let him steal some games and let the confidence grow.

Marky was outstanding. But so was Theodore opening night and several games following. Point being, the team needs to play with confidence or it won't be long until Markstrom starts losing confidence like Theodore/Clemmenson.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I wanna see Guds get mad like when Clarkson bumped into him in the playoffs. I know he's putting down big hits but I wanna see that nasty edge he has (mostly post whistle). He should have beat up Neal when he started something.

-ghoste

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I wanna see Guds get mad like when Clarkson bumped into him in the playoffs. I know he's putting down big hits but I wanna see that nasty edge he has (mostly post whistle). He should have beat up Neal when he started something.

-ghoste
Agree but Guds probably thought we were getting a powerplay because Neal attacked him so I can respect a veteran move like that. Too bad the awful refs let Neal get away with that.

p9ers

May 11, 2011
Toronto
It's a lost, but I'm happy the team played well.

MARKSTROM SHOWED HE'S a NHL goaloe and the team played prety well overall. No real complaitnts there! Pitts were just a more talendeted team!

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Agree but Guds probably thought we were getting a powerplay because Neal attacked him so I can respect a veteran move like that. Too bad the awful refs let Neal get away with that.

Yeah, I think he was trying to avoid getting a penalty, smart move. It shows a bit of maturity on his part which is a good thing.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Marky was outstanding. But so was Theodore opening night and several games following. Point being, the team needs to play with confidence or it won't be long until Markstrom starts losing confidence like Theodore/Clemmenson.

Yep, there is a reason Victor Fasth and Ray Emery are whupping some ass right now as "back-ups". The team in front of them is pretty damn good. It is a team game at the end of the day...

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
Did you guys this pic GR tweeted? :laugh:
BDw34cBCEAA4Zbx.jpg:large

Jan 19, 2006
Disgraceful effort by the refs.

Pens players are allowed to hack at goalies and get goals - when Panthers players do the same it's a penalty.

Penguins players are allowed to retaliate without getting a penalty if one of their star players is injured on a clean hit.

Not surprising, but frustrating nonetheless.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida

Pens players are allowed to hack at goalies and get goals - when Panthers players do the same it's a penalty.

Penguins players are allowed to retaliate without getting a penalty if one of their star players is injured on a clean hit.

Clearly.

I know they're the TV darlings but that was so blatantly hipocritical it's inexcusable. When we suck we suck but we didn't, yet it had to be gift wrapped for Cindy etal.

NJ_CATS_FAN

We Dont Suck Anymore
Mar 21, 2006
N.J.

The one sided officiating against us never fails and some games are worse than others, and we all know which games they are going to be too. Its almost like the games are unwatchable because you know exactly how its going to be.

The fact that Neal didnt get a penalty on the instigating was complete ********!! Anyone else does it, its a penalty, but no, cant call anything against the *****-ass Penguins.

Its not once in a while, its pretty much every game. They call every ticky tack thing against us, but always somehow "let it go" or "miss it" when it happens against us. I always say if they are going to do that, then make it worth our while and take a real penalty. Take a big boarding penalty or give a high stick and get in someones face and knock them around and really give the officials something to call.

Nothing would please me more than to see Cindy or some other schmuck the league is in love with get boarded or laid out and then watch the league go ape **** and run around like chickens with their heads cut of because their pretty boy got touched and dont know what to do.

I am sick and tired of having our guys get cheap shots taken at them, get high sticks in the face and basically let the opponent do whatever they want against us and having it go, but when we lay a finger on someone, its an automatic penalty. I loved watching Guds give Malkin that little bump last night to send him flying into the boards. It was clean as could be, and I was absolutely shocked that they actually didnt call Guds for roughing.

We also need to become much more physical. Countless times our guys have a chance to throw the body around and nail someone in the boards when going after a puck, but instead its like there is an invisible shield protecting the other player. They just like stop right before the bodies hit and they go for the puck instead. If they will make a pass, fine, but throw the damn body around and push them around. Its almost like they have become complacent that they know a penalty will be called if they throw a hit, so they just avoid it all together. Im sick of it. Get some attitude and get physical. We have to start making teams sore after playing us and make them think twice before making a move on the ice. We hardly have any physicality on the ice and teams know it. Enough is enough of this ***** ass hockey. GET PHYSICAL AND STOP THIS DUMP AND CHASE ********!!!!

Lola

Future Panthers
Mar 30, 2006
Central Florida
The one sided officiating against us never fails and some games are worse than others, and we all know which games they are going to be too. Its almost like the games are unwatchable because you know exactly how its going to be.

The fact that Neal didnt get a penalty on the instigating was complete ********!! Anyone else does it, its a penalty, but no, cant call anything against the *****-ass Penguins.

Its not once in a while, its pretty much every game. They call every ticky tack thing against us, but always somehow "let it go" or "miss it" when it happens against us. I always say if they are going to do that, then make it worth our while and take a real penalty. Take a big boarding penalty or give a high stick and get in someones face and knock them around and really give the officials something to call.

Nothing would please me more than to see Cindy or some other schmuck the league is in love with get boarded or laid out and then watch the league go ape **** and run around like chickens with their heads cut of because their pretty boy got touched and dont know what to do.

I am sick and tired of having our guys get cheap shots taken at them, get high sticks in the face and basically let the opponent do whatever they want against us and having it go, but when we lay a finger on someone, its an automatic penalty. I loved watching Guds give Malkin that little bump last night to send him flying into the boards. It was clean as could be, and I was absolutely shocked that they actually didnt call Guds for roughing.

We also need to become much more physical. Countless times our guys have a chance to throw the body around and nail someone in the boards when going after a puck, but instead its like there is an invisible shield protecting the other player. They just like stop right before the bodies hit and they go for the puck instead. If they will make a pass, fine, but throw the damn body around and push them around. Its almost like they have become complacent that they know a penalty will be called if they throw a hit, so they just avoid it all together. Im sick of it. Get some attitude and get physical. We have to start making teams sore after playing us and make them think twice before making a move on the ice. We hardly have any physicality on the ice and teams know it. Enough is enough of this ***** ass hockey. GET PHYSICAL AND STOP THIS DUMP AND CHASE ********!!!!

:handclap::handclap::handclap:

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
after reading George Richard's blog, it really puts things into perspective how screwed we got by the refs last night. It's so ridiculous that they get to poke away at Markstrom and get a goal and we literally play until the whistle (hockey 101) and kopecky pokes away and he gets a penalty that ends up in a goal against seconds after it expired.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I thought Markstrom played very well except for the second goal against which should have never gone in. 99.9 times out of 100 he stops that. He moves so well for a guy his size. It's exciting to see him and Hubs and the flashes of elite skill we've been so desperate for over the past decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad