GDT: 2/21|Snow Free Edition|Boston Bruins @ Tampa Bay Lightning |7:30pm|NHLN, NESN, 98.5

hoss75

Nov 8, 2008
Cambridge, MA
he threaded the needle to Krecji and Horton several times last night on passes that looked like they could have come from one of the best playmakers in the league. There's not much flashy about his game, but he really has underrated vision.

I'm just saying I'm not sure of anyone with a reasonable opinion that's underrating it. The guy has been a dominate first line player on a competitive team for several years and he carried that line on his back last year.

8spokesontheB

Cry Havoc!
Dec 24, 2008
I'm just saying I'm not sure of anyone with a reasonable opinion that's underrating it. The guy has been a dominate first line player on a competitive team for several years and he carried that line on his back last year.

Are you talking about Jonny?

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Yeah, I think the league is catching up just a bit of late. Totally true, there are other D that have made many more mistakes. :shakehead He's learning on the job...It's hard to expect the kid to get everything and not see some bumps.

I think Clode will let him play normal. Probably just in games like this where we're up in the 3rd and its a tough draw...He'll shorten the bench.

But it is a statement. Hamilton was on the ice for both tonight and one comes to mind against the Jets where the forward held Dougie's stick...Points are awesome, and one part of the game...But defense is just as critical...

All part of the journey. He'll get there, no doubt. I've been really impressed.:nod:
Yes,Hamilton is exactly what this Bruins team needed.The B's needed another good solid D. I really didn't think Hamilton could be that guy, so quickly.I didn't think he would be good enough, right now to play regularly.His emergence and the steady goaltending of Rask[I wasn't sold on Rask but am slowly becoming a believer]make this team a very good one.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Esposito has always been an ingrate and big mouth. One of the greatest in NHL history
but the description applies.

For a guy that had the nickname "Trader Phil" as GM, its hilarious to hear him
shoot his mouth off about loyalty...lol.

Incidentally where was old #7 "loyalty " when he was on the golf course discussing
contracts with the WHA DURING the 1974 Stanley Cup Finals. He is as they say today a tool.

Yes,it was sad to hear Phil say that.I think his time with the B's made Phil what he is.The collection of talent Phil had playing with him brought out the best in him. Phil could certainly score goals but his stats were definitely boosted by playing with the B's when he did.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Few things here.

Espo was a proud player with a very high opinion of himself. A trade was both heartbreaking and a slap in the face.

Two. He was told face to face he would not be traded and was a short time after.

Three. From what my dad says he hated the Rangers with a passion.

So he was lied too and got his heart broken ..... and traded to his mortal enemy. Id still be sore too.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Few things here.

Espo was a proud player with a very high opinion of himself. A trade was both heartbreaking and a slap in the face.

Two. He was told face to face he would not be traded and was a short time after.

So he was lied too and got his heart broken ..... and traded to his mortal enemy. Id still be sore too.

You are correct on all counts. As was your Dad.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Few things here.

Maybe he should have taken the window?

Kidding.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad