GDT: 2/21|Snow Free Edition|Boston Bruins @ Tampa Bay Lightning |7:30pm|NHLN, NESN, 98.5

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
I guess.

But, if he doesn't do better than a "Rolston" this year, we're in trouble.

If we have 3 legit lines that can score, our chances are as good as anyone's.

I'm guessing last year's bargain shopping trip had a lot to do with Horton being hurt and not wanting to spend too much and simply upgrading Pouliot and Corvo. Unfortunately injuries occurred and those guys remained in the lineup regardless.

Either way, this team is better than that team and if they are healthy at the deadline I expect some bigger moves.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
Another good road victory.

The way they started the game had me wondering if Julien had promised a day at the beach tomorrow if they win tonight.

Krejci looked like he had an extra gear tonight as the big line was clicking.

Rask came up huge when it counted.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

The way they started the game had me wondering if Julien had promised a day at the beach tomorrow if they win tonight.

The B's forwards had lots of jump tonight. Clode promised the guys no snow in the morning.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org

:laugh::laugh: I swear I thought the same thing. lol I read the thread on the Boston Bruin NHL site where they spoke on needing a couple days in the sun etc. LOL Tonight, during the game; I thought about the article and well, Coach probably told the guys if they wanted to enjoy the few days in FL they need to win.

NastyNate17

Jan 3, 2011
Fort Sam Houston
True dat. It doesn't bother me at all if Clode chooses to go with vets when we're up in the 3rd. The Kid's been great.

He hasn't looked like a rookie.. Many ppl lose sight of the fact that he's still a teenager.. Imagine this kid when he's 25.. Yikes scary to think of how good he can become

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
He hasn't looked like a rookie.. Many ppl lose sight of the fact that he's still a teenager.. Imagine this kid when he's 25.. Yikes scary to think of how good he can become

Yeah, he's going to be a legendary player - if I had to guess.

There was a lot of talk of growing pains and rolling with them before the season, but I haven't seen much for most of this season. I've been most happy with his decision making. He makes great choices and doesn't panic...He'll make the extra play/move...not just a rushed cycle...Got a great hockey head...

Say, come to think of it...wasn't he out for the Stamkos goal also? I think I remember him out front whacking around...

ryedog*

A little off topic, but tonight's episode of Cross Check was decent. Actually thought Milbury was pretty good.

NiKrejci

May 11, 2009
3rd line players rely on the whole line to click if they want to produce. Bourque has a good game here and there no doubt, BUT he's not a guy that can give you +15 goals a year in a 3rd line role. If the Bruins can strengthen that line somehow, we're a VERY hard team to beat.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

DK was awesome tonight. I remember I think in the first period he stick handles away from like 3-4 lightning players before losing the puck.

Ference still stinks.

Seguin is one of my favorites but I am frustrated with him IDK WTF is wrong with him and it is making me mad seeing him struggle.

I wish Lucic would shoot more.

Horton is money against the Lightning.

Rask was good tonight however he was all over the place.

IDK why Dougie was benched I didn't really see him do anything bad.

I never thought Marchand was going to be our best forward.

The 3rd line is still crap. If they can move Kelly they should. They should also make a deal for another 3rd liner to replace Bourque and have him be a 13th forward. He hustles a lot but it just isn't working. Out of those 3 on the 3rd line I would keep Pevs.

Nose Face Killah

Dracarys
Dec 2, 2012
MA
Fell asleep halfway in the 1st Period, woke up and we were winning 4-2. Can't believe Horton missed the empty net twice XD but Nasty Nate is indeed BACK, and better than ever!

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Go over the goals again and you'll see the one that was the last straw for Clode. It might be the Conacher one, Hamilton closed to the middle and left the outside lane for the goal shot, I believe.
Yes,I noticed that.Hamilton has had a few hiccups lately .I hope CJ doesn't overreact and continue to downgrade his icetime. Last year,Corvo made about the same number of mistakes in one game that Hamilton has made in about 12 games or so.Hamilton really hasn't made any more mistakes than any other D on the team,he deserves to play regularly based on his play.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Did not know that Dougie had 2 assists. 8 points in 14 games aint too shabby.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Don't look now, but Hamilton leads the team in points and is in a tie for 18th overall among defense men. He's had his share of minor mistakes, but this guy as surprised me this year. Never thought he would start off as well as he has.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Don't look now, but Hamilton leads the team in points and is in a tie for 18th overall among defense men. He's had his share of minor mistakes, but this guy as surprised me this year. Never thought he would start off as well as he has.

No he doesn't

DK 12
Bergeron 11
Marchand 11
Horton 9
Seguin 9
Lucic 8
Hamilton 8

You probably mean he leads our D-Men in points which he does

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Yes,I noticed that.Hamilton has had a few hiccups lately .I hope CJ doesn't overreact and continue to downgrade his icetime. Last year,Corvo made about the same number of mistakes in one game that Hamilton has made in about 12 games or so.Hamilton really hasn't made any more mistakes than any other D on the team,he deserves to play regularly based on his play.

Yeah, I think the league is catching up just a bit of late. Totally true, there are other D that have made many more mistakes. :shakehead He's learning on the job...It's hard to expect the kid to get everything and not see some bumps.

I think Clode will let him play normal. Probably just in games like this where we're up in the 3rd and its a tough draw...He'll shorten the bench.

But it is a statement. Hamilton was on the ice for both tonight and one comes to mind against the Jets where the forward held Dougie's stick...Points are awesome, and one part of the game...But defense is just as critical...

All part of the journey. He'll get there, no doubt. I've been really impressed.:nod:

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH

I agree, and he has a great opportunity playing for a strong. Here, he can experience his growing pains and make his rookie mistakes and the team is good enough to still win hockey games. Most of his errors have been due to poor positioning, and that can be fixed. I love his ability to jump up into the play and then get back and play his own defensive zone. He has great agility and he gives me hope that the PP starts functioning. For me, the regular season will forever be an extended playoff practice session for the true contenders like the Bruins and Penguins anyways.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
The last piece to the puzzle. Be nice to get a list going of UFAs on expiring contracts. I might do so at this very moment.

EDIT...MAKING A THREAD.

Check the Horton thread- someone made the list. It wasn't very impressive, if I recall.

If you're talking about trading for someone as a rental, they could always take on a contract and exercise an amnesty buyout after the season as well so they have flexibility.

edit: too late! haha

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
Check the Horton thread- someone made the list. It wasn't very impressive, if I recall.

If you're talking about trading for someone as a rental, they could always take on a contract and exercise an amnesty buyout after the season as well so they have flexibility.

haha sorry. just made one anyways. I Should know better.:laugh:

The tough part is for the right price. We've got plenty to move but I don't see anything major happening. There's alot of pieces in play for the next season movement period

doakacola*

Feb 12, 2009
If the B's play like this consistently we aren't goi ng to lose many games. Tampa is a great team, although I think Lindback is going to be a huge weakness for them in the long haul. I'd love to see them in the playoffs.

TB is NOT a "great " team. In fact they wouldn't be kn the PO if they started now.
They have one great scorer in Stamkos, an aging St. Louis and an overrated VL.
I like Purcell though. Outside of Hedman and Brewer their d zone coverage sucks.
Lindbach?? is an average to slightly above average goalie. I see TB being a bubble PO team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad