GDT: 2/21/15 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Arizona

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
It's not "hate" it's criticism nobody actually hates the guy personally...

Ok, I took that too literal then.

I don't think anyone believes he's immune to criticism. He rightfully deserves it and has gotten it from pretty much everyone for the mistakes he makes. But some of it has become a little harsh and ridiculous. Maybe it's just a new level of frustration for some.

Has Stamkos really made these mistakes all season? Name one other time besides the one against LA and the one tonight that a Stamkos turnover has directly resulted in a goal against. Also show me one other time where Stamkos has looked this dangerous for a stretch of games at a time. He seems to be getting his mojo back, be careful how much you rip him or you may end up eating crow.
The game against St. Louis comes to mind where he went up the middle right into Backes. Another case of him probably trying to do to much alone, instead of making the simple play. :( Other than that, I can't really remember any other that led directly to goals.

Last edited:

TampaBayLightning

The Asterisk Dynasty!
Nov 10, 2013
Tampa
Stamkos has 32 goals and guys are complaining.We have 80 points an people are complaining. Playoffs will come and Stamkos will get hot and no one will be complaining.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Some of you guys are just crazy. Talking about trading the player that has dominated the league the past 5 years just because he's had one crappy season.

Team is not perfect whatsoever yet we're still at the top of the rankings and our best player is having a bad year by his standards.

You guys should probably take a step back if this makes you that angry.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
It's not "hate" it's criticism nobody actually hates the guy personally...

same. He's like the nicest guy but he's having a **** of a season.
I just want him to stop being the next yzerman and focus on what he's best at. Scoring goals.

We have TJ and Palat to be the next yzermans.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
the stamkos errors are plenty he misses passes he doesnt see the ice great he is not the best faceoff guy in the league. He is one or number two best sniper on the planet.

We should accept that part of it,,,, he is always a danger to score and teams no matter how good the line tko gets. The other teams game plan for stamkos and always will. Trading him losing him would be INSANE

The palat thing the pass was not available he did the right thing whether a few fans like that or not. Get over it move on we won we got two more points. The going up middlle having nothing back turning it over was a mistake but they did a very good trap on him. He moves pretty fast and was probably there before he realized was too late ive seen tyjo do same thing in past.

Stamkos obviously is not going to be something some of you want fully crosby esq but he is STEVEN STAMKOS the fourth best argue wise guy in hockey.

Do not forget that and if you think that doesnt take pressure off these kids I want to call you out as a moron honestly.

We are very inconsitent as a team in ways but growing. I love this board but if drouin struggles next year I hate to see some of your posts honestly lol.

We have been very lucky with kucherovs play maybe not palats and johnsons who are older but also say nesterovs this year. Arizona is not a playoff team this year but is dangerous and was last year with basically same group.

I love coming to this board but stamkos has made bad decisions and bad passes for 5 years lol. Is why we put drouin at center last year no matter what the powers that be say lol.

We should imho honestly rejoice and feel blessed we have him for his best years its going to get us some cup shots.

You can call stamkos out for tonights mistakes but don't act like its something we didnt ignore for the longest time.

Accept he is a sniper first and foremost and great goal scorer and not the perfect center or sydney crosby.

Yet he is Steven Stamkos and thats pretty dammed nice to have honestly.

Look Up

Don't be a scan tool
Oct 3, 2013
This is absolutely absurd. I can't believe we're talking about trading Stamkos right now. Tampa Bay Leafs board is not a place I'd like to be.

It is HFBoards. Do you expect otherwise?

Last edited:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Some of you guys are just crazy. Talking about trading the player that has dominated the league the past 5 years just because he's had one crappy season.

Team is not perfect whatsoever yet we're still at the top of the rankings and our best player is having a bad year by his standards.

You guys should probably take a step back if this makes you that angry.

I didn't want to get involved in this but it's statements like this that are completely false. Stamkos has never dominated the league once let alone the past 5 seasons. How many Hart's or Ross' does he have? Scoring goals and winning the Richard is nice but he's not the best player. He's also taken us to the playoffs when he was the man, in which we were swept. He has a long way to go to be a dominant player.

Look Up

Don't be a scan tool
Oct 3, 2013
stamkos-admirer.gif

This chick has also moved on from Stamkos. It's all about the triplets for her now.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I watched the encore last night, it was certainly the Palat and Callahan show last night. Was nice to see some Pallahan chemistry last night, what a pass by Cally and what a shot by Palat. But thats Callahan and Palat for you, these guys seem to find chemistry with anyone............except Stamkos. lol.

If everyone here keeps complaining about Callahan not being a fit for Stamkos, swap him with Kucherov and it might make both lines even better. But honestly I'm tired of the conversation of who should be on the line with Stamkos. Callahan was a beast last night, and took matters into his own hands as did Palat last night. If Stamkos is not going to get with the program and keep making those bad turnovers, well it does not matter who you put up there.

BohemianRhandomly

Nov 3, 2014
Section 128
Stamkos has 32 goals and guys are complaining.We have 80 points an people are complaining. Playoffs will come and Stamkos will get hot and no one will be complaining.

Yes, they will.

All I see on these boards is constant complaining and nitpicking every last little mistake every player makes... unless said player's name happens to be Drouin, in which case he can do no wrong. Bizarre.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
With all the criticism of Stamkos, there are very few people, I think, actually in favor of trading him. Most of us just wish he'd be our best player again.

Stamkos has had some good stretches of games lately. He's had my hopes up. But if anyone thinks he's playing up to the standards of Steven Stamkos right now, I'll have to disagree. It's been a poor season for him. I'd rather be willing to point that out than lower our expectations for him.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Has Stamkos really made these mistakes all season? Name one other time besides the one against LA and the one tonight that a Stamkos turnover has directly resulted in a goal against. Also show me one other time where Stamkos has looked this dangerous for a stretch of games at a time. He seems to be getting his mojo back, be careful how much you rip him or you may end up eating crow.

What's this "OMG HE LOOKED SO DANGEROUS" drivel? How many scoring chances did he have or set up all night? The wraparound? Wraparounds never go in - that was not a real scoring chance. Other than that? Cally had a couple of good ones - Killorn took a great shot that hit the post...

Where was the great Stamkos domination again? He didn't look that good on the PP (probably best thing that can be said is he didn't look downright bad on it), he didn't get robbed by some amazing performance by Smith, he wasn't hitting iron all night...

I'm just confused over where this "looked like old Stamkos" **** is coming from.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
The funny thing about *****ing about Stamkos is that his points and production is down, no doubt. But take a look around. Production is down everywhere. Not a single player is on pace to break 90 points this year. 90 freaking points. Stop and think about that for a second.

He hasn't been dominant this year, but he most certainly has contributed to what this team has done, both on and off the ice. And I for one will gladly take some of the boneheaded and inexcusable plays from a superstar trying to make something happen, if it means I get the other side of the coin when he does downright dominant a game, or a series, or a season.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL

I sure hope he's saving it for the postseason. :)

To me that's where I'm going to judge if he's going to be worth whatever his greedy agent is asking for. If he doesn't have an impact in the playoffs then they better not ask for something ridiculous. TKO is great, but I would love for Stamkos to be that elite player that scores no matter how hard the other team is trying to shut us down. You need that when everything tightens up defensively.

Definitely too much chicken littling around here though. The advanced stats are looking good, and so are the non advanced ones. Just gotta have faith that it'll add up to impressing our eyes eventually.

Last edited:

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Yeah, talking about trading Stamkos is premature. With his work ethic I think he'll find a way through this. Will it be this season? I don't know but I'd like for him to hurry up. We have to remember though this is a guy we're probably going to pay over 10 million for. I don't want to pay that for the Stamkos of this season. Give me the Stamkos before his leg injury and I'd pay him anything he wants. It's clear he's frustrated with himself as he looked pissed off even after scoring the empty net goal. Lets just hope this clears out before the playoffs start but the time is undoubtedly running out.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yeah, talking about trading Stamkos is premature. With his work ethic I think he'll find a way through this. Will it be this season? I don't know but I'd like for him to hurry up. We have to remember though this is a guy we're probably going to pay over 10 million for. I don't want to pay that for the Stamkos of this season. Give me the Stamkos before his leg injury and I'd pay him anything he wants. It's clear he's frustrated with himself as he looked pissed off even after scoring the empty net goal. Lets just hope this clears out before the playoffs start but the time is undoubtedly running out.

It's not even premature. It's just not an issue. There's no way we're trading Steven Stamkos as long as he's even partway reasonable about his contract.

But that's a separate issue from criticizing his play. He's played poorly for the majority of the season. He's been thoroughly outplayed, on the whole, by 2-3 guys on the roster. That's not good enough for an elite talent. But the fact that we're criticizing his play doesn't mean, at least with most of us, that we don't think he can/will improve. It's just pointing out the obvious, not predicting the future.

If we weren't winning, it'd be a much bigger issue. But we're winning, so we can wait, albeit with plenty of frustration, for him to get his head on straight.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
He broke his ****ing leg in half. Do some of you honestly think being back for under a year makes you 100% physically, never mind mentally? He still has stated he's not 100% this season and it is clear he is improving. Give him another offseason and watch what happens.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
He broke his ****ing leg in half. Do some of you honestly think being back for under a year makes you 100% physically, never mind mentally? He still has stated he's not 100% this season and it is clear he is improving. Give him another offseason and watch what happens.

But his issues have been boneheaded plays, not not living up to what he should be bringing. Could still be a mental thing but I'm not sure at this moment, we'll have a better idea next season; as you said.

But that's also why I want Yzerman to extend him over the summer. His value is less right now than it was last season before he was injured. If he returns to that form next season, before an extension is signed, then his contract will be higher.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Hey everyone, let's have Stamkos play like Vinny. No mistakes because he dogs it. That's so much better than having a guy go out there and bust his ass trying to make something happen for his team.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Hey everyone, let's have Stamkos play like Vinny. No mistakes because he dogs it. That's so much better than having a guy go out there and bust his ass trying to make something happen for his team.

Funny you say that, because he's reminding me a lot of Vinny right now.

Look, as an aftermath of the injury, I can understand/forgive to a degree the fact that he doesn't crash the net like he used to. You have yet to provide a legitimate defense for his **** play beyond "it's not actually been that bad", which goes against any statistical and eye-test based analysis. His CorsiOn is only .3 higher than his CorsiOff, despite the fact that he gets by far the most favorable zone starts of our top players.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
u guys continue to ignore me and is pissing me off being super sick today listening to this bull crock.

He is not playing any differently then he has with the bad decisions or mistakes WE OVERLOOKED them now that we have tko we want to throw him under bus cause is with killorn and not marty or drouin?

CLUES for sale here lol. Marty and him had mad chemistry probably more then we all realized we see how down marty is now without stamkos and is same. We are going to be fine stamkos is going to be fine. Yet he is not what a lot of you thought he was and maybe he gets there but even with last year he was down stat with the play level before the injury even though eye test said he was a better player in most ways.

He needs a driver of the bus drouin or kucherov is that simple. Is gonna take that to make him that 90 point guy again probably if that is even possible.

Yet if he gets 10,000000000 he gets 10 lol. Get over it he is needed on ths team for this area and franchise. He is the face and no amount of *****ing about it is gonna change steve's mind on that unless he becomes a coke head or something stupid. So accept what he is and know things will get better in time.

BUT THE BIOTCHING ABOUT HIS BAD DECISION MAKING AND PASSES AND PLAYS? HE HAS DONE THAT FROM DAY ONE AND IS NOT EVER GOING TO CHANGE PROBABLY.

He doesnt see the ice as well as a kucherov or johnson or drouin maybe but he brings factors we absolutely need. HE IS TRYING his azz off also so give him credit where its due.

Doesnt mean you cant point it out but this is a JOKE at this point and is biotching to just biotch nothing more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad